"Go back to your home country"

I think capitalization counts here.

A Native American is not the same as a native American. Make sense?
Anyone born in the US is a native American. What you're referring to is an indian. Indians aren't native to America either.

I am normally not one to follow the trends of what people are called. But the Native Americans were called "Indians" when they thought they had landed in India. And even then, the explorers knew they were not in India. It is a laughable term that stuck.

And I think living somewhere for more than 10,000 years qualifies you as "native".

And I tried to differentiate between "native American", which is someone who was born here, and "Native American", which is someone who is descended from the indigenous tribes of the North American continent.
I once saw on the news some indians had won a court case, and outside, the reporter asks one of the Chiefs "So, how do you feel after your victory in court today?" The Chief said "it's a good day to be an indian". If it's good enough for him...

And no, your ancestors being here 10,000 years doesn't make one a indigenous to the Americas any more than I will be considered a real native 10,000 years from now, no matter how PC you're trying to be.

So how long they have been here doesn't matter?
None of the animals on this list will ever be considered indigenous to the Americas. Even 10,000 years from now or more.
List of introduced species - Wikipedia

Anyone born in the US is a native American. What you're referring to is an indian. Indians aren't native to America either.

The Asian couple in the OP were both born here. So they are native Americans. The obnoxious woman was harassing native Americans telling them to "go back to their home country".
She meant their ancestral country. Using the right terms always helps get your point across.

The Asian couple in the OP were both born here. So they are native Americans. The obnoxious woman was harassing native Americans telling them to "go back to their home country".
She meant their ancestral country. Using the right terms always helps get your point across.

And why should she tell them that? They are as much Americans as she is.

It’s just what she meant. As long as the Asians stay in Chinatown, I don’t care.

It’s just what she meant. As long as the Asians stay in Chinatown, I don’t care.

As American citizens, they can live where ever they can afford. This idea that the country belongs to European-Americans and the rest need to stay in their place is nonsense. This couple is raising a family in Long Beach CA. They are free citizens of the USA.

I am normally not one to follow the trends of what people are called. But the Native Americans were called "Indians" when they thought they had landed in India. And even then, the explorers knew they were not in India. It is a laughable term that stuck.

And I think living somewhere for more than 10,000 years qualifies you as "native".

And I tried to differentiate between "native American", which is someone who was born here, and "Native American", which is someone who is descended from the indigenous tribes of the North American continent.
I once saw on the news some indians had won a court case, and outside, the reporter asks one of the Chiefs "So, how do you feel after your victory in court today?" The Chief said "it's a good day to be an indian". If it's good enough for him...

And no, your ancestors being here 10,000 years doesn't make one a indigenous to the Americas any more than I will be considered a real native 10,000 years from now, no matter how PC you're trying to be.

None of the animals on this list will ever be considered indigenous to the Americas. Even 10,000 years from now or more.

Native Americans are endangered as we speak, not because of Colonialism anymore, but now because of Miscegenation Liberalism.

Nearly 60% of Native Americans mix with non-Natives, how can they survive like this?

Native Americans are endangered as we speak, not because of Colonialism anymore, but now because of Miscegenation Liberalism.

Nearly 60% of Native Americans mix with non-Natives, how can they survive like this?

People "mix" with who they choose. They only way to prevent it would be to have laws against sex with someone of another race.

People "mix" with who they choose. They only way to prevent it would be to have laws against sex with someone of another race.

Well, I'd support giving Native Americans greater nations, that would stop their extinction.

Why is a group going extinct to many people merely a joke?

I think it's sad, when a group can no longer express their culture, nor tell their stories.

As American citizens, they can live where ever they can afford. This idea that the country belongs to European-Americans and the rest need to stay in their place is nonsense. This couple is raising a family in Long Beach CA. They are free citizens of the USA.
People need to respect that this country was built by white Europeans. I'm not feeling the love these days.

It'll broaden their gene pool and make them taller and smarter.

Well, I'd support giving Native Americans greater nations, that would stop their extinction.

Why is a group going extinct to many people merely a joke?

I think it's sad, when a group can no longer express their culture, nor tell their stories.

I don't think the loss of any culture is a joke. But, as I said, the only way to actually stop it is to make laws forbidding sex outside your culture. And I think individual freedom is important. Certainly where relationships are concerned.

People need to respect that this country was built by white Europeans. I'm not feeling the love these days.

I was also built by other cultures. You aren't feeling the love? Did YOU build this country? Or are people supposed to show you love becauseyou have the same skin color as people who built much of it?

I was also built by other cultures. You aren't feeling the love? Did YOU build this country? Or are people supposed to show you love becauseyou have the same skin color as people who built much of it?
My ancestors came here and homesteaded, and thus helped build this country. Now everyone can come here because it's better than most places in the world. Some props would be nice, and not being constantly called a racist just because I'm white.

My European ancestors came here when Native Americans, people of African descent, people of Mexican descent, and Chinese and Japanese people were already here, just to name a few. I have not seen anything to suggest that people of European descent are being displaced and commanded to go elsewhere. As for "helping to build this country": hasn't everybody? Who among us, rather than our deceased ancestors, has "helped to build this country"? Don't we continue to do this together?

Forum List

Back