Gnostic Christianity

The Christian church isn't like that. Nothing is "revealed"..it's all there in the Bible. But the more you read, the more multi-faceted your understanding becomes.
I went to church for 20 years. Yes, they do that, many sermons are geared that way encouraging a deeper understanding. Of course they use the Bible, I've heard many times, it's like an onion, peeling layers off as you gain knowledge. These days I call it brainwashing.
Generally speaking I have to disagree on that one. If you refer to the Jim Jones type Kool-Aid drinking cults, yes; otherwise, no.
He makes the assumption that believers get their understanding from preachers. And they don't. The word is revealed in ever increasing complexity and truthfulness the more one delves into YOURSELF. You attain your own understanding. They don't understand it, because they've never actually committed to studying the bible aside from cursory reading, themselves. And generally speaking, anti-Christians are of the type that will believe anything anti-Christian that a stronger personality feeds them, so they have no concept of what real Christianity is all about...and assume that Christians are just like them.
I haven't made any mistakes. I read the Bible cover to cover three times, owned many versions and studied regularly. You make the mistake of thinking anyone who doesn't believe the ancient stories is the one that's lost. Your arrogance won't make up for it, but that is a typical Christian trait.
No, it's not. And it's not a trait of mine, either. In fact, you just proved my point. Thank you.
You don't even know what you're babbling about. No, what isn't? You lied about what I believe then smugly declared victory. Like a religious asshole.

The Christian church isn't like that. Nothing is "revealed"..it's all there in the Bible. But the more you read, the more multi-faceted your understanding becomes.
I went to church for 20 years. Yes, they do that, many sermons are geared that way encouraging a deeper understanding. Of course they use the Bible, I've heard many times, it's like an onion, peeling layers off as you gain knowledge. These days I call it brainwashing.
Generally speaking I have to disagree on that one. If you refer to the Jim Jones type Kool-Aid drinking cults, yes; otherwise, no.
He makes the assumption that believers get their understanding from preachers. And they don't. The word is revealed in ever increasing complexity and truthfulness the more one delves into YOURSELF. You attain your own understanding. They don't understand it, because they've never actually committed to studying the bible aside from cursory reading, themselves. And generally speaking, anti-Christians are of the type that will believe anything anti-Christian that a stronger personality feeds them, so they have no concept of what real Christianity is all about...and assume that Christians are just like them.
I haven't made any mistakes. I read the Bible cover to cover three times, owned many versions and studied regularly. You make the mistake of thinking anyone who doesn't believe the ancient stories is the one that's lost. Your arrogance won't make up for it, but that is a typical Christian trait.
The Cloud upon the Sanctuary Karl von Eckartshausen 9781442161207 Amazon.com Books
Are you trying to make a point? Looks very much like a smokescreen.

The Cloud upon the Sanctuary Karl von Eckartshausen 9781442161207 Amazon.com Books
No, I am OK… It was a recommendation of something what may or may not expand your horizon. I am not proselytizing nor do I worry about how you utilize or discard the information. I usually welcome recommendations from others who trod before me, then I make my own decision for my own demise or benefit.

No, I am OK… It was a recommendation of something what may or may not expand your horizon. I am not proselytizing nor do I worry about how you utilize or discard the information. I usually welcome recommendations from others who trod before me, then I make my own decision for my own demise or benefit.
Since you can't articulate any response it's you who needs the expanding. Go read a book isn't an answer. I didn't come up with my knowledge last week and have read many books, I can't imagine why you assume so much.

So far we have dismissals and insults as a rebuttal. Color me surprised.

I am glad you know it all and found the key to the vast knowledge hidden in riddles. I am not here to argue nor am I inclined to any pissing contest. I tried to be polite and refrain from insulting anybody. If I came across that way, it wasn't my intention.

I am glad you know it all and found the key to the vast knowledge hidden in riddles. I am not here to argue nor am I inclined to any pissing contest. I tried to be polite and refrain from insulting anybody. If I came across that way, it wasn't my intention.
Well, you were siding with her and she said I only made a quick superficial read of the Bible and preachers don't guide the masses into their understanding. Those are wrong, and it doesn't take a key or vast knowledge, just an open mind.

I am not in organized religion. I still respect other's beliefs and stand up for their right to free religion when some tries to abuse and trash their belief.
Read this very tiny book from Karl von Eckartshausen: Cloud Upon The Sanctuary. It's only 42 pages. That may give you some insight why religion is important (even if you do not practice it) and the book is not a proselytizing crusade in any way, shape and form. Do not think it is a Watchtower or Mormon publication, haha.. it is definitely not.
I could write my own book. Maybe I will someday. I didn't trash Christianity, I said the truth, it's made up stuff collected over a period of time and makes no sense. There's a reason it's called a faith, not a fact. The more you learn the more faith you need.
don't bother writing your book.....you don't know enough about the subject to make it worth reading......

I am not in organized religion. I still respect other's beliefs and stand up for their right to free religion when some tries to abuse and trash their belief.
Read this very tiny book from Karl von Eckartshausen: Cloud Upon The Sanctuary. It's only 42 pages. That may give you some insight why religion is important (even if you do not practice it) and the book is not a proselytizing crusade in any way, shape and form. Do not think it is a Watchtower or Mormon publication, haha.. it is definitely not.
I could write my own book. Maybe I will someday. I didn't trash Christianity, I said the truth, it's made up stuff collected over a period of time and makes no sense. There's a reason it's called a faith, not a fact. The more you learn the more faith you need.
don't bother writing your book.....you don't know enough about the subject to make it worth reading......
Kinda like the guys who wrote the bible?

You're full of shit. You can't even articulate a response. Typical of bronze age myth holders.

Please, do not display your ignorance so vividly

You're full of shit. You can't even articulate a response. Typical of bronze age myth holders.
its not my fault you've confused Scientology and Christianity.....

Why? You can prove Noah got 2 of every animal from Australia onto a puny boat in the Middle East and then back again??

Did anyone ever explain how all the dead people that rose at Christ's crucifixion wandered around and no historian, including Josephus noticed? I would have thought it would at least make the evening news.

The temple curtains torn it two and no mention. I guess the temple was unimportant to the Jews.

Or day turning to night. No mention.

Or why so much of the Greek thought was introduced into the revised new age bible, borrowing from Philo in exact words in some cases.

Or why some Septuagint translation errors made it into the new testament?

Or the fact the story makes no sense anyway. Why would God become a human, take a licking and make that the litmus test for eternal life in heaven? So God wants the simplest minded most gullible people available? I don't think so.

It isn't my fault your head is stuffed up your ass. Scientology makes more sense.

Why? You can prove Noah got 2 of every animal from Australia onto a puny boat in the Middle East and then back again??
Actually it was one trip only lasting what... 40 days? Then, sitting around for another 40 days?
You see it would be the same thing if I said 'mathematics and the theory relativity is stupid, I do not believe it' just because I do not understand a damn thing about it, and I don't. So, I stay away from commenting on things I have no understanding about. It is not stupidity per se not understanding it however, it is stupidity to comment on subjects while lacking the understanding.

It isn't my fault your head is stuffed up your ass. Scientology makes more sense.
/takes a full unimpeded breath.......you must have be confused with someone else......just as you have Christianity confused with something else.......

Actually it was one trip only lasting what... 40 days? Then, sitting around for another 40 days?
You see it would be the same thing if I said 'mathematics and the theory relativity is stupid, I do not believe it' just because I do not understand a damn thing about it, and I don't. So, I stay away from commenting on things I have no understanding about. It is not stupidity per se not understanding it however, it is stupidity to comment on subjects while lacking the understanding.
So in other words you can't prove that Noah did anything. Got it.

So in other words you can't prove that Noah did anything. Got it.
You are very entertaining. I am not here to prove anything. I am not getting the measuring tape to see whose dick is bigger nor do I want a pissing contest. All in all, Noah made one trip only and not rotund trips… hahaha..
The problem is that most people take any Holy Writ (not just the Bible) literally. Therein lies the fallacy. I hope you will give that a thought but if not, it will not affect me in any way. Your life, your choice. I am not crusading, trying to convert or condemning.

/takes a full unimpeded breath.......you must have be confused with someone else......just as you have Christianity confused with something else.......
You are severely confused if you think you sound intellectual or have anything worth reading. You've got nothing.

Forum List

Back