Gnostic Christianity

Let's see. The Christians aren't here to prove anything, just insult and dismiss anything that challenges their beliefs. Just what God wants.

Let's see. The Christians aren't here to prove anything, just insult and dismiss anything that challenges their beliefs. Just what God wants.

Well, I the Bible, Jesus said to go proclaim the Gospel to the world.
He didn't say, hey, here's some evidence, go show everyone.
We (Christian's) are to tell people.
God does the drawing and the "eye opening" - THAT is the proof and at that point, truth revealed.

Iceweasel, I told you I wasn't a Christian per se… take it or leave it. I don't lie about it because there is no reason for it. How many times I talked about the fucking stupidity of "I am born again" and shit. Those, who say that, have no fucking idea about a fucking thing especially about what they are actually saying.

God does the drawing and the "eye opening" - THAT is the proof and at that point, truth revealed.
I have no problem with people claiming a faith, regardless of what it is. My problem is with those who get nasty when you don't go along with it. The thread started as a historical discussion of Gnosticism and here come the Christians swinging their swords of righteousness.

John 3:3-6

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again"
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.…

Iceweasel, I told you I wasn't a Christian per se… take it or leave it. I don't lie about it because there is no reason for it. How many times I talked about the fucking stupidity of "I am born again" and shit. Those, who say that, have no fucking idea about a fucking thing especially about what they are actually saying.
Religion is what one wants it to be. Christian sects even duke it out. I was told I haven't even read the bible by someone that had no clue, just an assumption.

I have no problem with people claiming a faith, regardless of what it is. My problem is with those who get nasty when you don't go along with it. The thread started as a historical discussion of Gnosticism and here come the Christians swinging their swords of righteousness.

I agree.
Christian's should not get haughty, arrogant or confrontational - I think often times they are just so passionate their beliefs it is not being communicated in the best or most Godly way.....
Conviction and assuredness also comes across as arrogant and preachy....

Religion is what one wants it to be. Christian sects even duke it out. I was told I haven't even read the bible by someone that had no clue, just an assumption.

People also don't think before they speak or know how to communicate effectively....
Just depends on why you are talking or why you are here....

People also don't think before they speak or know how to communicate effectively....
Just depends on why you are talking or why you are here....
As stated, it was to discuss gnostics. Part of communicating is having some worth saying.

People do NOT pay attention to that! (even me... LOL!) but I do try... ;)

John 3:3-6

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again"
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.…
I did not mean to offend you, I haven't noticed you were around.
Now, to the scriptures you quoted, yes, that's what the Bible says. If it is spoken as a parable and it is spoken as such, there is a meaning under the surface. That's what I referred to Iceweasel when you showed up unexpectedly. :)

My favorite stories from the Infancy Gospel of Thomas involve JC snuffin' out a fool who passed out His water and then wasted some kid who marked up His Air Jordans.

Jesus was a straight up OG from South Central Judea. We should stop singing hymns in church and just listen to NWA.

lol dude, you attacked Christianity in post #5......don't talk about US swinging swords......

I was told I haven't even read the bible by someone that had no clue, just an assumption.
well to be fair, what you said about the Bible was a pretty good clue you either hadn't read it or at least ignored a lot of it......
What I said was correct and you had nothing but vague insults as a response. You couldn't answer a single challenge and I threw a half dozen out.

I was told I haven't even read the bible by someone that had no clue, just an assumption.
well to be fair, what you said about the Bible was a pretty good clue you either hadn't read it or at least ignored a lot of it......
What I said was correct and you had nothing but vague insults as a response. You couldn't answer a single challenge and I threw a half dozen out.
by "challenge", do you mean "said something really, really stupid".....because that's all I saw......

Forum List

Back