Gloomy numbers for Obama

Wasn't that after his promised not above 8% failed?

Give me a link with a direct quote of Obama saying that.

don't be any more intentionally stupid than normal. You know the Obama administration put out information stating the stimulus would cap the unemployment rate at 8%

This chart has been posted multiple times, yet nimrods like you claim 'well, Obama never said it, so he didn't promise it', completely ignoring that this was released BY HIS ADMINISTRATION!

unemployment-rate-obama-stimulus.jpg

It was a projection that the stimulus would cap at 8%. It was not a promise. It was a projection based upon relevant data at the time. The administration has since admitted the outcome of the projection.

Last edited:
That is something I wish people would consider. Obama predicted back in 09 that the unemployment rate would be at 10% at this point. People seem to forget that he made this prediction. He never made any promises to lower the unemployment rate.

President Obama Predicts Unemployment Will Hit 10% This Year - ABC News

Also, while it is telling he is behind in swing state polls, he remains even in national polls with Romney.

Ah yes, we've been down that road, he didn't actually say it.... It was implied though and you know it was what was meant by the administration..... Unless of course you are nothing more than a dishonest hack....

don't be any more intentionally stupid than normal. You know the Obama administration put out information stating the stimulus would cap the unemployment rate at 8%

This chart has been posted multiple times, yet nimrods like you claim 'well, Obama never said it, so he didn't promise it', completely ignoring that this was released BY HIS ADMINISTRATION!

unemployment-rate-obama-stimulus.jpg

Actually no. That's not what the chart says and if you were to read the report instead of pulling charts from it out of context, you would know that.

The commonly accepted unemployment peak at the time (January 2009) was 9% with the possibility of it going as high as 11%. The Stimulus was projected to drop unemployment some 1.8%. The chart you, and every "conservative", likes to use, is the chart that says "assume a peak of 9%, what would happen?" You never address that the report also states it could could go as high as 11% and also that the report CLEARLY states that these are assumptions based on the information available at the time.

So why is that? Why do you cherry pick from the report instead of just saying what's in the report?

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

If I was a Republican, I would be very afraid.

While I agree he is a good president, I don't believe a lot of grassroot democrats feel the same way. The man was too middle of the road in his first two years.

Despite his rough start, the man has accomplished a lot - I wish people would pay attention to that.

accomplished a lot? passing or DICTATING a bunch of shit legislation that hasn't HELP OUR COUNTRY or us on bit, is ACCOMPLISHING A LOT?

good gawd.

Last edited:

Ah yes, we've been down that road, he didn't actually say it.... It was implied though and you know it was what was meant by the administration..... Unless of course you are nothing more than a dishonest hack....

The administration admitted the projection turned out to be wrong. What we know he did say was that he himself predicted a higher unemployment rate right now.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

If I was a Republican, I would be very afraid.

While I agree he is a good president, I don't believe a lot of grassroot democrats feel the same way. The man was too middle of the road in his first two years.

Despite his rough start, the man has accomplished a lot - I wish people would pay attention to that.

accomplished a lot? passing a bunch of shit legislation that hasn't HELP OUR COUNTRY or us on bit, is ACCOMPLISHING A LOT?

good gawd.

Stephanie, we've been over this. You and I know both know Obama has accomplished a lot. Do I really need to break out the evidence? Okay I will.

1) The Stimulus: created around 2 million jobs. According to Moody Analytics, it "significantly softened the recession."

What is Obama's actual record on creating jobs? | syracuse.com

2) According to this site that cites empirican research, it is likely the Recovery Act's benefits significantly outweighed the costs:

Did the stimulus work? A review of the nine best studies on the subject - The Washington Post

3) The results of Obama extending unemployment benefits under his stimulus plan reduced the fall of GDP by 18.3% and saved 1.6 million jobs

ETA News Release: US Labor Department study underscores positive impact of unemployment insurance [11/16/2010]

4) 114,407 teaching jobs have been created or saved

Education Jobs Fund - Official Website

5) The GM, Crysler bailout added about 45,000 and saved about 1 million:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...tos_report.pdf

(^^^The White House is citing the Bureau of Labor Statistics in this article)

I found other independent research showing "possible economic progress" under Obama's stimulus, but I know you cons would be quick to jump all over any information like that. For now, though, this should settle the argument that Obama "has done nothing." If you would all just stop watching Fox News (or MSNBC), you may just have an informed opinion about Obama

Last edited:

accomplished a lot? passing a bunch of shit legislation that hasn't HELP OUR COUNTRY or us on bit, is ACCOMPLISHING A LOT?

good gawd.

Stephanie, we've been over this. You and I know both know Obama has accomplished a lot. Do I really need to break out the evidence? Okay I will.

1) The Stimulus: created around 2 million jobs. According to Moody Analytics, it "significantly softened the recession."

2) According to this site that cites empirican research, it is likely the Recovery Act's benefits significantly outweighed the costs:

Did the stimulus work? A review of the nine best studies on the subject - The Washington Post

3) The results of Obama extending unemployment benefits under his stimulus plan reduced the fall of GDP by 18.3% and saved 1.6 million jobs

ETA News Release: US Labor Department study underscores positive impact of unemployment insurance [11/16/2010]

I found other independent research showing "possible economic progress" under Obama's stimulus, but I know you cons would be quick to jump all over any information like that. For now, though, this should settle the argument that Obama "has done nothing." If you would all just stop watching Fox News (or MSNBC), you may just have an informed opinion about Obama

lol, from the Obama website..

good gawd.

So is that your only retort? Okay then.

yeah, I still haven't figured out how they count a saved job.

Like the 25 Policemen in Columbus Ohio that Obama took credit for.... They were in the Academy 6 months before his election...........

So is that your only retort? Okay then.

That's all that is needed...my gawd...:lol:

Does it say the stopped the oceans from rising?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back