Gloomy numbers for Obama

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Gloomy numbers for Obama - The Washington Post

Campaign 2012 is upon us. Time to size up President Obama’s reelection chances.

In 2011, an average of 17 percent of the public was “satisfied with the way things are going,” according to the Gallup Poll. That is roughly the same as 2008 — so Obama enters this year leading a country as unhappy as the one he inherited...

In mid-December, Gallup had him “underwater” by eight points: 42 percent approval and 50 percent disapproval....His current Gallup approval rating is the lowest ever for any incumbent president at this point in his first term...

Obama’s ratings on the economy, the issue voters care about most, consistently trail his overall numbers. His top legislative accomplishment — health-care reform — remains unpopular. It’s 20 points underwater in a December Associated Press-GfK poll...

The president’s campaign plans to launch a populist attack on income inequality. But the numbers imply that that is not a promising message; indeed, Gallup has recently found that the public favors pro-growth policies over pro-equality policies, 52 to 40...

Gallup recently found that voters in 12 “swing states” favor Romney by five points. In 2008, swing-state party identification favored Democrats by 11 points; now the Democratic edge is down to two points...

In short, for all the weaknesses of the Republican opposition, Barack Obama faces a dicey future as 2012 begins. Many factors that could affect his chances are beyond his control.

Last edited:
Barack Obama's Most Recent Weekly Approval Rating Average: 42% (Dec 12-18, 2011)
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

Unless you are using FoxNews polls. You might get 17%.

did you read the statement with the 17% mentioned? I don't think so. Here...
In 2011, an average of 17 percent of the public was “satisfied with the way things are going,” according to the Gallup Poll. That is roughly the same as 2008 — so Obama enters this year leading a country as unhappy as the one he inherited...
The 17% was not Obama approval, it was direction of the country/satisfaction with.

Obama is a lock!! He's doing a great job. Jimmy Carter is proud!
1980-electoral-map.gif

Are you CRYING, Jake? The very thought of your Messiah® being tossed on his incompetent ass driving you to despair?

ROFL;

Lie for HIM, that'll make it all better!

Not sure how someone calmly pointing out that another person is lying, in a reasonable post, with a reference link, could be construed as "Crying".

But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Many factors that could affect his chances are beyond his control.

That is something I wish people would consider. Obama predicted back in 09 that the unemployment rate would be at 10% at this point. People seem to forget that he made this prediction. He never made any promises to lower the unemployment rate.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...-predicts-unemployment-will-hit-10-this-year/

Also, while it is telling he is behind in swing state polls, he remains even in national polls with Romney.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

If I was a Republican, I would be very afraid.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

If I was a Republican, I would be very afraid.

While I agree he is a good president, I don't believe a lot of grassroot democrats feel the same way. The man was too middle of the road in his first two years.

Despite his rough start, the man has accomplished a lot - I wish people would pay attention to that.

In mid-December, Gallup had him “underwater” by eight points: 42 percent approval and 50 percent disapproval....His current Gallup approval rating is the lowest ever for any incumbent president at this point in his first term...

Obama’s ratings on the economy, the issue voters care about most, consistently trail his overall numbers. His top legislative accomplishment — health-care reform — remains unpopular. It’s 20 points underwater in a December Associated Press-GfK poll...

The president’s campaign plans to launch a populist attack on income inequality. But the numbers imply that that is not a promising message; indeed, Gallup has recently found that the public favors pro-growth policies over pro-equality policies, 52 to 40...

Gallup recently found that voters in 12 “swing states” favor Romney by five points. In 2008, swing-state party identification favored Democrats by 11 points; now the Democratic edge is down to two points...

In short, for all the weaknesses of the Republican opposition, Barack Obama faces a dicey future as 2012 begins. Many factors that could affect his chances are beyond his control.

Pretty sure Obama has it in the bag. Romney has a glass jaw.

Pretty sure Obama has it in the bag. Romney has a glass jaw.

:lol:

Ironic post is ironic.

Forum List

Back