Global warming, my ass!

All you global warming ding bats...I want you to take a good look at this weather map. Then tell me, with a straight face, that global warming is real. It isnt. Just step outside and you'll see what I mean.
View attachment 186708
May your ass burn in Hell

Funny-2014-Global-Warming-MEME-and-LOL.jpg

This type of cold is part of global warming. With the lack of Arctic ice, the temperature difference between the North Pole and the mid-latitudes has decreased. It is this temperature difference that drives the jet stream.

As the strength of the jet stream decreases, the Rossby waves in the jet stream increase in deviation, that is, the loops in the jet stream that let cold air penetrate farther south and warm air penetrate farther north increase. See image!

This increase in the Rossby waves has been gradual and going on for decades. For example, once upon a time, northern Florida grew oranges - no more.

Aside from this process putting the rest of Florida's citrus industry at risk, there will be numerous other economic consequences - particularly when you consider this process could lead to killing frosts occurring much later in the spring.

Too bad the holy IPCC didn't say that.

Do you know what the difference between ZONAL and MERIDONAL Jet streams are?

:aug08_031:

80901001dbhad_sm.jpg

[
This type of cold is part of global warming. With the lack of Arctic ice, the temperature difference between the North Pole and the mid-latitudes has decreased. It is this temperature difference that drives the jet stream.

As the strength of the jet stream decreases, the Rossby waves in the jet stream increase in deviation, that is, the loops in the jet stream that let cold air penetrate farther south and warm air penetrate farther north increase. See image!

This increase in the Rossby waves has been gradual and going on for decades. For example, once upon a time, northern Florida grew oranges - no more.

Aside from this process putting the rest of Florida's citrus industry at risk, there will be numerous other economic consequences - particularly when you consider this process could lead to killing frosts occurring much later in the spring.

Between this and the OP we find the difference between science and the Cult of Ignorance. Respectively.

It appears we are heading for a period of global COOLING. The sun is not very active....you know? ...that big ball of fire in the sky...do you think man has more power over our climate than it?

WISHING FOR GLOBAL WARMING
The below chart shows solar activity crashing down. With the lowest sunspot count in a hundred years, with agricultural sectors hit hard and food prices continuing to spiral up, what USA Today said is not funny. The weekend of June 11, 2017 saw more snow in California and thoughtful people are starting to think of using more than tar and feathers to put certain individuals from NOAA and NASA in their place.

I know it is not easy to think with facts in this world of climate lies but solar cycle 24 has seen very low solar activity thus far meaning the last thing we need to be afraid of is global warming. Dr. L.E. Kaiser writes, “It’s already the month of June and both air and water temperatures are well behind the seasonally adjusted “global warming = climate change = frying planet” conditions that were proclaimed by so many climate doomsters.”

wishi2.jpg

Regarding the sun, my post was not discussing that issue. It is simply about the jet stream, what drives the system, and why it is weakening.

I understand that solar output this cycle is low, but this could be a disaster. Imagine that the planet cools because of the lack of solar output, and the world decides it is just fine to continue with business as usual regarding burning fossil fuels.

This will lead to a disastrous outcome when the sun returns to the output of previous cycles. We are already so deep into climate change that both the Greenland and West Antarctic ice sheets will likely disintegrate to a large degree resulting in meters of sea level rise in the distant future.

As Wallace Broecker, from Columbia University, says "Climate is an angry beast and we are poking at it with sticks”
1. Every jet is zonal.
2. The power of each jet is directly related to solar output.
3. It is the energy imbalance and routes of energy loss which determine what the planet is doing.

What are you basing your assumptions on?

In cooling world where the sun is giving less energy the release portion of the system will gain power ie: polar jet. In a warming world the equatorial jets gain power causing tightly constrained polar jets.

Where is your magical boogie man that is going to make the planet burn?

suggested reading: Paradoxical Earth.. Complex responses often misinterpreted...

About the comment, "The power of each jet is directly related to solar output." To say directly is wrong! If you go to Scientific American.com and find the article "What causes the high-speed winds, or 'jet stream,' in the stratosphere? And why does the path of the jet stream wander?", you find the stream is more directly related to the temperature difference. The article says:

(Quote)

During the winter months, when the equator-to-pole temperature disparity is at its greatest, the jet stream reaches its maximum velocity. During the summer months, when the temperature gradient between the equator and the pole is considerably less (only about half the winter value), the jet stream reaches its minimum velocity.

(End quote)

Between this and the OP we find the difference between science and the Cult of Ignorance. Respectively.

It appears we are heading for a period of global COOLING. The sun is not very active....you know? ...that big ball of fire in the sky...do you think man has more power over our climate than it?

I wouldn't know, but it's supremely arrogant to suggest we know enough to declare it can't happen.

That's not related to the post you quoted though. Perhaps you need to read it again.

The sun isn't "active" or "inactive" btw. It has its cycles of sunspots that go more- or less-active but that's got nothing to do with climate. Again, as far as we know.

But here is the problem for the climate crusaders who embrace the "consensus" science......

The public isn't giving a rat's ass about climate change in 2018. The reason? Duh..... it's because 80% of Americans are freezing their balls off between October and May....

Only the mental case alarmist contingent think that the science trumps the people's perceived need for nut sack warmers 8 months out of every year. Thankfully for the rest of us they are in the distinct minority.:2up::cul2::cul2:

This for example. I love reading these guys intentionally posting stupid shit just because somebody's paying them to. They somehow don't mind looking like a moron on the internets. I sure couldn't do it.

The below chart shows solar activity crashing down. With the lowest sunspot count in a hundred years, with agricultural sectors hit hard and food prices continuing to spiral up, what USA Today said is not funny. The weekend of June 11, 2017 saw more snow in California and thoughtful people are starting to think of using more than tar and feathers to put certain individuals from NOAA and NASA in their place.

I know it is not easy to think with facts in this world of climate lies but solar cycle 24 has seen very low solar activity thus far meaning the last thing we need to be afraid of is global warming. Dr. L.E. Kaiser writes, “It’s already the month of June and both air and water temperatures are well behind the seasonally adjusted “global warming = climate change = frying planet” conditions that were proclaimed by so many climate doomsters.”

wishi2.jpg

Regarding the sun, my post was not discussing that issue. It is simply about the jet stream, what drives the system, and why it is weakening.

I understand that solar output this cycle is low, but this could be a disaster. Imagine that the planet cools because of the lack of solar output, and the world decides it is just fine to continue with business as usual regarding burning fossil fuels.

This will lead to a disastrous outcome when the sun returns to the output of previous cycles. We are already so deep into climate change that both the Greenland and West Antarctic ice sheets will likely disintegrate to a large degree resulting in meters of sea level rise in the distant future.

As Wallace Broecker, from Columbia University, says "Climate is an angry beast and we are poking at it with sticks”
Greenland used to grow crops where those glaciers are right now. You are making the mistake of believing that the current state of affairs regarding glacier coverage is normal. It is not.

All you global warming ding bats...I want you to take a good look at this weather map. Then tell me, with a straight face, that global warming is real. It isnt. Just step outside and you'll see what I mean.
View attachment 186708
Sorry, cupcake. That will never happen. I belong to God. I know exactly where I'm going when I die. Do you?

I wouldn't know, but it's supremely arrogant to suggest we know enough to declare it can't happen.

That's not related to the post you quoted though. Perhaps you need to read it again.

The sun isn't "active" or "inactive" btw. It has its cycles of sunspots that go more- or less-active but that's got nothing to do with climate. Again, as far as we know.

About "it's supremely arrogant to suggest we know enough to declare it can't happen.", science is not about certainty. It is about the best information we have at the time. The question then becomes, "Has the idea in question become part of 'current thinking' in science?"

Worse, the "scientific method" has proven over and over to be the best way to find the truth amidst the chaos of the universe. This is no time to abandon that process in favor of thinking from the Dark Ages.

Plus, the argument that we don't know enough is actually saying, "Let us discard all we know in favor of saying we know nothing!" This thinking is usually followed by "burying your head in the sand."

View attachment 186708
Sorry, cupcake. That will never happen. I belong to God. I know exactly where I'm going when I die. Do you?
Yes I'm going to where your butt is burning ,,just on a visit though

[

wishi2.jpg

1. Every jet is zonal.
2. The power of each jet is directly related to solar output.
3. It is the energy imbalance and routes of energy loss which determine what the planet is doing.

What are you basing your assumptions on?

In cooling world where the sun is giving less energy the release portion of the system will gain power ie: polar jet. In a warming world the equatorial jets gain power causing tightly constrained polar jets.

Where is your magical boogie man that is going to make the planet burn?

suggested reading: Paradoxical Earth.. Complex responses often misinterpreted...

About the comment, "The power of each jet is directly related to solar output." To say directly is wrong! If you go to Scientific American.com and find the article "What causes the high-speed winds, or 'jet stream,' in the stratosphere? And why does the path of the jet stream wander?", you find the stream is more directly related to the temperature difference. The article says:

(Quote)

During the winter months, when the equator-to-pole temperature disparity is at its greatest, the jet stream reaches its maximum velocity. During the summer months, when the temperature gradient between the equator and the pole is considerably less (only about half the winter value), the jet stream reaches its minimum velocity.

(End quote)

"And why does the path of the jet stream wander?", you find the stream is more directly related to the temperature difference."

Tell me, where does the earth obtain its energy from?

I'll wait...

Last edited:
There are a great many influencing facts as to Jet stream strengths and widths.

Number one is the suns effect. High angels of incidence to solar radiation will not allow warming of the surface due to reflection and Rayleigh scattering of the energy. As the atmosphere is primarily warmed by convection and conduction it can not create the differentials in pressure to power the median jet streams. This is why their power weakens in winter time.

However, the polar loss of energy increases the differential by larger amounts of escaped energy. IE: cooling. In a low solar output condition,(low solar wind) the earths Coriolis effect pushes the atmosphere out at the equator (which also reduces the energy hitting the surface of the earth in this region) when the magnetosphere is enlarging and allows thinning of the atmosphere above the poles allowing faster cooling. This gradient is seen by wild and deep polar jet intrusions of the mid latitudes in a cooling world.

You see the sun and many other factors directly control the pressure gradients of our atmosphere.

View attachment 186708
Yes I'm going to where your butt is burning ,,just on a visit though
You are a fool. Sorry, but it's the truth.

This is total horse manure... CO2's forcing ability has now been shown less than 0.2 deg per doubling due the the NEGATIVE forcings of earths atmosphere. With recent satellite corrections even this is now closer to 0.0 deg C..

Meanwhile, the last 3 years have been the hottest ever according to thousands of readings worldwide. Everyone outside the GOP bubble of idiocy knows it.

Meanwhile, the last 3 years have been the hottest ever according to thousands of readings worldwide. Everyone outside the GOP bubble of idiocy knows it.
LOL

Using the Karl Et Al adjustments and only 157 years of 4.2 billion year old planet.. You guys crack me up..

How does your fantasy look in the long term context?

PhanerozoicCO2-Temperatures.jpg

You Lose...

Tell me Crank-O, How did the earth survive +7000ppm and allow us to be alive today?

I see Crank-O has nothing to offer but post count shit pellets..

Come on down and man up...

Answer this question...

log-co2-jpg.186633

Here is the LOG of CO2. 95% of what CO2 can do is already spent. At most you might see 1.1 deg C per doubling IF there is not a negative forcing. As it stands today, only 0.2 Deg C can be attributed to CO2 rise of 122ppm. Only about 1/4 of what the LOG says should happen with CO2 ALONE!

122ppm above 280ppm is 1/2 of one doubling since 1800.

There is no mid-tropospheric hot spot.

Where is your magical heat at?

I see Crank-O has nothing to offer but post count shit pellets..

Come on down and man up...

Answer this question...

log-co2-jpg.186633

Here is the LOG of CO2. 95% of what CO2 can do is already spent. At most you might see 1.1 deg C per doubling IF there is not a negative forcing. As it stands today, only 0.2 Deg C can be attributed to CO2 rise of 122ppm. Only about 1/4 of what the LOG says should happen with CO2 ALONE!

122ppm above 280ppm is 1/2 of one doubling since 1800.

There is no mid-tropospheric hot spot.

Where is your magical heat at?
I know where it is. :desk:
stupid.jpg

Forum List

Back