Are Republicans really against clean air and clean water? Is there ever too much "dirty"?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Republicans insist they aren't against clean air and clean water but there are too many regulations keeping air and water clean.

So how much dirty is "just enough"? How can you tell when you start crossing the red line into Flint water?
What what point do Republicans say, "Wait a minute, this water is too dirty to drink and this air is making my kids sick"?

Is this OK?

dirty-brown-water-coming.jpg

but not this?

dirty-water-from-sink.jpg

Or is it somewhere in between?

Or maybe there isn't "too much".

Anyone?

• Banned
When the EPA writes regulations, it's based on study and data. We only want to allow this much parts per million in drinking water or air. Otherwise children could start getting poisoned or cancer.

Republicans say let's repeal regulations protecting clean air and clean water. To what? What does their research say? Just get rid of regulations willy nilly? Because it's good for business?

And the media NEVER, EVER questions them. Even what they call "fake" news.

If their entire reasoning is because it's good for business, then is that good for the country?

straw-man-argument.jpg

So this is all you got.... whaaaaaaaaaaa ...... your going to dirty my water.... I wonder who was in charge in Flint when they poisoned the town? Democrats... Got to love them pictures of Flints water... Wonderful straw man you created.

Republicans insist they aren't against clean air and clean water but there are too many regulations keeping air and water clean.

So how much dirty is "just enough"? How can you tell when you start crossing the red line into Flint water?
What what point do Republicans say, "Wait a minute, this water is too dirty to drink and this air is making my kids sick"?

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

I've talked about this subject with Republican friends and they also can't understand how many in their party seem to actually be against clean air and water. What living organism is in favor of drinking dirty water or breathing soot? And unfortunately the humans doing most of the polluting don't give a rats ass as long as they make money, so they have to be regulated and forced to comply. That is what government is for.

And it's pretty common that when you meet people that don't mind 'trash', when you go to their house it's a pig sty.

Last edited:
Oh Gawd..... how many years have we been hearing the same old tired line from progressives? What.....20 years? And where has it gotten them? You could sort of understand it if it was even somewhat effective..... but it hasn't even moved the ball a single yard. For 20 years!!:2up:

Think about it..... in the 2016 midterms every single green candidate got their clock cleaned. And when is the last time we have seen anything from Congress on climate legislation?

C'mon now..... time for a plan B s0ns :cul2:

Republicans would just as soon shit in your drinking water

• Banned
straw-man-argument.jpg

So this is all you got.... whaaaaaaaaaaa ...... your going to dirty my water.... I wonder who was in charge in Flint when they poisoned the town? Democrats... Got to love them pictures of Flints water... Wonderful straw man you created.
Republicans were in charge of Flint. You can't have alternative facts. You have to stick with the REAL facts.

• Banned
Oh Gawd..... how many years have we been hearing the same old tired line from progressives? What.....20 years? And where has it gotten them? You could sort of understand it if it was even somewhat effective..... but it hasn't even moved the ball a single yard. For 20 years!!:2up:

Think about it..... in the 2016 midterms every single green candidate got their clock cleaned. And when is the last time we have seen anything from Congress on climate legislation?

C'mon now..... time for a plan B s0ns :cul2:
So you are pro dirty water and air? Is that your message?

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

It's too much when it reaches the point of diminishing returns. Sure, we could provide absolutely pure water for everyone, but it would cost absurdly too much to do so. At some point you have to acknowledge that spending another trillion to remove 10 more parts per billion of some mild contaminant just isn't going to make anyone any healthier.

Obviously, as long as Republicans are anywhere near power, some will scream that too much is not enough.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

It's too much when it reaches the point of diminishing returns. Sure, we could provide absolutely pure water for everyone, but it would cost absurdly too much to do so. At some point you have to acknowledge that spending another trillion to remove 10 more parts per billion of some mild contaminant just isn't going to make anyone any healthier.

Obviously, as long as Republicans are anywhere near power, some will scream that too much is not enough.
The problem is Republicans are simply repealing regulations without any backup data provided through scientific study.

Apparently, if the water is mostly clear, it's "OK".

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Like this water. I'm sure to Republicans this is close enough.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

The problem is Republicans are simply repealing regulations without any backup data provided through scientific study.

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Dang..... do you walk around everyday looking for a house to fall out of the sky on your head? Nobody is worried about the water they're drinking.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

You're an idiot of the highest caliber if you believe your projections are accurate.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Dang..... do you walk around everyday looking for a house to fall out of the sky on your head? Nobody is worried about the water they're drinking.
People in Flint are.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

You're an idiot of the highest caliber if you believe your projections are accurate.
If you want to deregulate clean air and clean water, there is only one outcome.
Come on,
figure it out.

I know you can do it.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Come on,
figure it out.

I know you can do it.

Only insane people think anyone wants to remove all air and water regulations.

Is this OK?

but not this?

Anyone?

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Come on,
figure it out.

I know you can do it.

Ah, but when have Republicans said how much is too much?

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

So the Democrats running Flint screw things up so bad that they can't pay their water bills and the city has to be taken over by the State to get things in order...but it's the Republicans fault? Only in "R-Derp Land"!

dirty-water-from-the.jpg

Come on,
figure it out.

I know you can do it.

Ah, but when have Republicans said how much is too much?

Well?

Well?

Thought so.

When have democrats ever said we have enough regulations? Well? Well? Thought so.

See how that childish game works?

Forum List

Back