Global Test?

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

"That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added.

Hmmm....Obama will outlaw Suv's, ration our food to us and install thermostat's in our homes that maintains a global "acceptable" temperature....unbelievable....:cuckoo:

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

Hmmm....Obama will outlaw Suv's, ration our food to us and install thermostat's in our homes that maintains a global "acceptable" temperature....unbelievable....:cuckoo:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2017877/posts
Source for the previous post

You are an idiot. There are more ways to cut down on SUV usage, and energy usage than some make belief "global acceptable temperature".

You are an idiot. There are more ways to cut down on SUV usage, and energy usage than some make belief "global acceptable temperature".

But my SUV usuage, consumption of food, setting of my thermostat is a personal decision not something that should require global approval....are you really that ignorant?

blah, blah, blah, blah, ....unbelievable....:cuckoo:

Unbelievable is right. Especially considering the source, which dishonestly edited the quote. But your streak of debating distorted straw men fallacies rather than real positions on the issues remains intact.

Obama called for leadership by example, and not the mandates suggested by the post. He said we have to deal with the problems of other developing nations and that we cannot continue our current lifestyle while expecting other nations to simply acquiesce in our demands.

Here's the full quote, for thinking people who prefer context:
We are also, though, going have to negotiate with other countries. China, India, in particular Brazil. They are growing so fast that they are consuming more and more energy, and pretty soon, if their carpet footprint even approaches ours, we're goners. That's part of the reason why we've got to make the investment; we've got to lead by example. If we lead by example -- if we lead by example, then we can actually export and license technology that have been invented here to help them deal with their growth pain. But keep in mind, you're right. We can't tell them, don't grow. We can't -- drive our SUVs and you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on you know, 72 degrees at all times, and whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect that every other country's going say OK. You guys go ahead and keep on using 25 percent of the world's energy. Even though you only account for 3 percent of the population, and we'll be fine. Don't worry about us. That's not -- that's not leadership. That's not going to happen.

CNN.com

But my SUV usuage, consumption of food, setting of my thermostat is a personal decision not something that should require global approval....are you really that ignorant?

No shit sherlock, and nobody is saying that it should.

Unbelievable is right. Especially considering the source, which dishonestly edited the quote. But your streak of debating distorted straw men fallacies rather than real positions on the issues remains intact.

Obama called for leadership by example, and not the mandates suggested by the post. He said we have to deal with the problems of other developing nations and that we cannot continue our current lifestyle while expecting other nations to simply acquiesce in our demands.

The quote was accurate, it wasn't dishonestly edited. If you call using his own words, dishonest.:cuckoo: Everything is out of context with Obama, Wright, Guns and religion, his intrusion in our personal lives, foriegn policy......etc...:cuckoo: Wonder how our current lifestyle will be altered under a hypothetical Obama admin.? Carbon taxes.....Food taxes....extra taxes on the sales of Suvs....:rolleyes:

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, . . .

The quote was redacted and lifted out of a more complex thought precisely to make it appear to mean something that was neither said nor intended. That is patently dishonest.

The quote was redacted and lifted out of a more complex thought precisely to make it appear to mean something that was neither said nor intended. That is patently dishonest.

Was it his words, yes or no? If they were his words how is that dishonest? I find it very interesting you call something partisan when you regularly spew donkey crap.

Was it his words, yes or no? If they were his words how is that dishonest? I . . . regularly spew donkey crap.

It is dishonest to present less than the reader needs to understand the speaker, whether you redact [see quote above] or omit separate sentences that provide context and accurate understanding.

I would suggest you not behave this way in court, but your language skills (see above) and your analytical abilities are so poor that I've concluded you were lying when you said you were a law student.

It is dishonest to present less than the reader needs to understand the speaker, whether you redact [see quote above] or omit separate sentences that provide context and accurate understanding.

I would suggest you not behave this way in court, but your language skills (see above) and your analytical abilities are so poor that I've concluded you were lying when you said you were a law student.

Of course, this is your same worn out debate tactic, when your arguments aren't factually supported you resort to questioning your opponents character. That's nothing new....not a complete sentence...just for you. There was absolutely nothing misleading about the article. Unlike saying someone wants our troops in Iraq for 100 years.:rolleyes:

Of course, this is your same worn out debate tactic, when your arguments aren't factually supported you resort to questioning your opponents character. That's nothing new....not a complete sentence...just for you. There was absolutely nothing misleading about the article. Unlike saying someone wants our troops in Iraq for 100 years.:rolleyes:

I'm not questioning your character; I'm assaulting your intelligence.

The original article left out something that made Obama's statement clear, and you lack even the basic sense to ask why it was omitted. If you think you want to be a lawyer, you have chosen the wrong profession.

I'm not questioning your character; I'm assaulting your intelligence.

The original article left out something that made Obama's statement clear, and you lack even the basic sense to ask why it was omitted. If you think you want to be a lawyer, you have chosen the wrong profession.

Questioning whether or not I lied? Of course that has nothing to do with my character.:rolleyes: I really don't care if an intellectually challenged individual thinks I chose the wrong career path. His agenda is clear, from the article and the transcript. Lmao, so it's your contention that a transcript should be included with every article that quotes a speech.:rofl: Like newspapers weren't thick enough.:eusa_whistle:

Dumbass, I was letting you, dig yourself a hole. The article was actually written by the AFP.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-wpxs1Re-8vx2Zk5xnYygW1W67w
WASHINGTON (AFP) — Barack Obama set his sights on November's general election Saturday as he campaigned in Oregon, where he hopes to declare victory in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Obama has said Tuesday's primaries in Oregon and Kentucky could mark the end of his drawn-out battle with rival Hillary Clinton, and his campaign pressed home that message by announcing a symbolic return to Iowa that day.

Iowa was the scene of the Illinois senator's first victory in the 2008 presidential nominating race, and his campaign noted Saturday it is "a critical general election state that Democrats must win in November."

Polls show Obama leading in Oregon, where 52 delegates are up for grabs, while Clinton is ahead in Kentucky, a state with 51 delegates that has a similar demographic to West Virginia, where she won a thumping victory Tuesday.

His campaign says he needs just 17 more pledged delegates won through state votes to reach a majority of 1,627, not counting the "superdelegates," party officials who can vote either way at August's Democratic national convention.

Using a baseball analogy, Obama said May 8 that if after Tuesday's primaries "we have a majority of pledged delegates, which is possible, then I think we can make a pretty strong claim that we have got the most runs and its the ninth inning and we have won."

The official finishing line is 2,025 delegates, including superdelegates.

During a rally in Roseburg, Oregon, Saturday, Obama presented himself as the front-runner almost without question, attacking presumptive Republican nominee John McCain on foreign policy, the environment and healthcare.

Reviving Friday's furious row sparked by President George W. Bush's suggestion that Democrats wanted to appease terrorists, Obama said that not talking to North Korea and Iran had only made those states stronger.

"I want everybody to be absolutely clear about this because George Bush and McCain have suggested that me being willing to sit down with our adversaries is a sign of weakness and sign of appeasement," he said.

He also attacked McCain's plan for a gas tax holiday to cope with rising pump prices, which Clinton supports, as well as his other environmental plans, saying the Republican had consistently opposed fuel efficiency standards.

"For him to come to Oregon as an environmental president, but his big strategy is to do more drilling and to have a gas tax holiday for three months, that's a phony solution," he said.

Pitching his message to Oregon's environmentally-conscious voters, Obama called on the United States to "lead by example" on global warming, and develop new technologies at home which could be exported to developing countries.

:cuckoo: :rofl: :cuckoo:

It doesn't matter who wrote it; it's still inaccurate.

Damn partisan AFP....Lmao

Agence France-Presse (AFP) is the oldest news agency in the world, and one of the three largest with Associated Press and Reuters. It is also the largest French news agency.

AFP is based in Paris, with regional centres in Washington, Hong Kong, Nicosia, and Montevideo and bureaux in 110 countries. It transmits news in French, English, Arabic, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agence_France-Presse

I never discussed partisianship. I discussed integrity and accuracy, and the actual transcript proves my point. What's missing is any rational proof of your point.

No you didn't claim partisanship.:rolleyes: You were taken out of context right? :rofl:

No you didn't claim partisanship.:rolleyes: You were taken out of context right? :rofl:

I was responding to your original source, Free Republic, which is notoriously inaccurate and lacking in integrity. That does not change even if a normally reliable source picks it up without checking the full transcript, which establishes the actual context and meaning.

That is classic taking out of context. Pretending my response to an earlier post in any way applies to your later post.

But you grow tedious and tiresome. If you're so dumb you rely on a partial quote when you have a complete transcript, you're not worth any more of my time.

I was responding to your original source, Free Republic, which is notoriously inaccurate and lacking in integrity. That does not change even if a normally reliable source picks it up without checking the full transcript, which establishes the actual context and meaning.

That is classic taking out of context. Pretending my response to an earlier post in any way applies to your later post.

But you grow tedious and tiresome. If you're so dumb you rely on a partial quote when you have a complete transcript, you're not worth any more of my time.

There's one problem with that assumption, AFP first reported it, then the Free Republic reported it. Also, nothing in the full transcript shows anything contrary to my conclusion. Which is.... Obama would regulate our personal lives to satisfy a global opinion.

Forum List

Back