Why is it ok to say "Whites won't vote for Obama"?

MsWikia

May 19, 2008
Throughout this election the media and supporters of Hillary and Obama have made comments with respect to which group of people will support who. Most predict that majority (not all) of the Democrats who are White in these categories: working class population, the elderly, the uneducated, and/or who live rural areas will not Vote for Obama.

What does this really mean?

Polls and other predictions also reveal that most states that are populated with more Whites support Hillary. Thus implying Whites will not vote for Obama because of his race.

However, some people will argue well Blacks are only voting for Obama b/c he's Black. Yet, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates vs. how long have Whites been voting for non-White candidates?? This should tell us that Black people do not have a problem voting for someone who is not Black, but Whites might have a problem voting for someone who is.

So my question is why is this acceptable? and what does this primary really say about America and its progress or lack of with respect to racial issues??

LOL my bad, Im watching CNN and Hillary just obviously won Kentucky and it's just crazy how much "race" might have to do with it.

Throughout this election the media and supporters of Hillary and Obama have made comments with respect to which group of people will support who. Most predict that majority (not all) of the Democrats who are White in these categories: working class population, the elderly, the uneducated, and/or who live rural areas will not Vote for Obama.

Polls and other predictions also reveal that most states that are populated with more Whites support Hillary. Thus implying Whites will not vote for Obama because of his race.

However, some people will argue well Blacks are only voting for Obama b/c he's Black. Yet, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates vs. how long have Whites been voting for non-White candidates?? This should tell us that Black people do not have a problem voting for someone who is not Black, but Whites might have a problem voting for someone who is.

So my question is why is this acceptable? and what does this primary really say about America and its progress or lack of with respect to racial issues??

Maybe they don't agree with him? Why is it OK that over 80% of Blacks are voting for Obama? They all agree with all he says? Or they fall in line along racial lines? It's more than obvious.

Why is it ok to say blacks won't support Hillary or MCcain?

Claiming if Obama loses or we do not vote for him proves racism is ignorant. Some will do that but I do not believe a majority will. Obama has a lot of problems. Other then claiming we are all racist for not voting for him.

I agree, if not voting for Obama we are racists, on the other hand not voting for Hillary, well one would think it was antifemale, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Personally, I know I'm not racist, won't be voting Obama. I also know I'm cool with women politically, no vote for Hillary.

My problem, I really do not like McCain.

I agree, if not voting for Obama we are racists, on the other hand not voting for Hillary, well one would think it was antifemale, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Personally, I know I'm not racist, won't be voting Obama. I also know I'm cool with women politically, no vote for Hillary.

My problem, I really do not like McCain.

ditto

If Hillary somehow wins the nomination, blacks will vote for her. The fear-mongering implication being peddled by the Clintonista is that many of her white, diehard democrat supporters, will not vote for Obama if he wins the nomination. If I'm to believe Jill and Ravi when they say that the two are nearly identical on the issues, then the implication Clinton is peddling is clear...these white, diehard democrats are indeed racist. To suggest otherwise is ignorant at best and wholly disingenuous at worst.

Yep, and the one's that won't vote for Hillary are sexist.

:cuckoo:

hmmm? I don't seem to recall Obama ever making such an implication...ever.

I guess this is just you being your usual intellectually dishonest agenda whore.

ssdd.

And, of course, we can't talk about the fact that he has 90% of the black vote. Now *that's* racist.

Weird, I just thought it was demographics.

I repeat

If Hillary somehow wins the nomination, blacks will vote for her. The fear-mongering implication being peddled by the Clintonista is that many of her white, diehard democrat supporters, will not vote for Obama if he wins the nomination. If I'm to believe Jill and Ravi when they say that the two are nearly identical on the issues, then the implication Clinton is peddling is clear...these white, diehard democrats are indeed racist. To suggest otherwise is ignorant at best and wholly disingenuous at worst.

Tell me, what specifically do you disagree with in my above post?

hmmm? I don't seem to recall Obama ever making such an implication...ever.

I guess this is just you being your usual intellectually dishonest agenda whore.

ssdd.

You think people that won't vote for Obama are racist, no? Or you think Hillary thinks that. Some of them probably are, but they are a small minority. Most won't because they think Obama knows nothing about the economy and that is the number one issue of the day.

Hillary never said they were racist or even implied that. You inferred it. You're the one being the race-baiter.

You think people that won't vote for Obama are racist, no? Or you think Hillary thinks that. Some of them probably are, but they are a small minority. Most won't because they think Obama knows nothing about the economy and that is the number one issue of the day.

Hillary never said they were racist or even implied that. You inferred it. You're the one being the race-baiter.

I re-repeat

What specifically do you disagree with in my above post?

Are you stupid? I addressed that already. You are claiming that Hillary thinks her supporters are racist.

Are you stupid? I addressed that already. You are claiming that Hillary thinks her supporters are racist.

No you didn't. So I guess I'll have to dole it out piece-meal...that is if you have the integrity to respond honestly.

Has Obama ever suggested that his black supporters (and long-time democrat voters) would not vote for Hillary if she were the nominee?

Forum List

Back