"""Global Not Warming"""

1stRambo

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2015
Yo, you might learn something in this article, if you read it, and apply your brain!!!

Paul Feyerabend (1924-1994) — A rebel within the philosophy of science. He argued that there is no scientific method or, in his words, "anything goes." Without regard to rational guidelines, scientists do whatever they need to in order to come up with new ideas and persuade others to accept them.

Yo, he forgot one thing? Collect a Paycheck!

"""Seven Big Failed Environmentalist Predictions"""

I recently discussed what it would take to prove that global warming is actually occurring, that it is caused by humans, and that it will be catastrophic. But that’s not the full picture. To understand why so many of us are so skeptical about global warming, you have to understand the environmentalists’ larger track record: a long series of failed predictions and bogus prognostications of doom.

It has been 45 years now since the first Earth Day. You would think that in this time frame, given the urgency with which we were told we had to confront the supposed threats to the environment—Harvard biologist George Wald told us, “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken”—at least one of the big environmental disasters should have come to fruition. Fifteen years ago, an article inReason took a look at claims like this from the first Earth Day in 1970. The specific quotations have been helpfully excerpted here and have been bounced around a lot on the Internet and on conservative talk radio for the last few days. It is a comical litany of forecasting gone wrong.

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming
Which brings us back to global warming. I noted last week that after a multi-decade plateau in global temperatures, they are now at or below the low end of the range for all of the computer models that predicted global warming.

If we go full circle, back to the failed prediction of global cooling, we can see the wider trend. After two or three decades of cooling temperatures, from the 1940s to 1970, environmentalists project a cooling trend—only to have the climate change on them. After a few decades of warmer temperatures, from the 1970s to the late 1990s, they all jumped onto the bandwagon of projecting a continued warming trend—and the darned climate changed again, staying roughly flat since about 1998.

No wonder all of these environmental hysterias seem to begin with the phrase, “if current trends continue.” But current trends don’t continue. Global temperatures go down, then up, then stay flat. Population growth tapers off, while agricultural yields increase at even higher rates. We don’t just sit around using up our currently available oil reserves; we go out and find new reserves of oil and new ways to extract it.

And that’s the real issue. The environmental doomsayers don’t just extrapolate blindly from current trends. They extrapolate only from the trends that fit their apocalyptic vision while ignoring trends that don’t fit. They project forward the current rate at which we’re using up our resources, but ignore the history of our ability to innovate and create. They get all excited by 20 years of rising temperature or rising oil prices—but ignore two centuries of rising wealth and longevity.

It’s almost as if they started with a preconceived conclusion and cast about for evidence to support it.

These are only the highlights. I’ve left out some relatively minor claims, like the idea that we’re going to run out of room in landfills to put all of our trash. (It’s a claim I haven’t heard in a while, perhaps because it’s ridiculous and based on total mathematical ignorance about the sheer size of the surface area of the Earth.) I’ve left out a few claims that have faded from public consciousness. Such as “acid rain” (no, it wasn’t a song by Prince), deforestation, or the general hysteria about how “chemicals” were going to give us all cancer. And I’ve also left out a few of the more controversial claims like the ozone hole or the supposedly destructive effects of DDT. Because it was successfully banned, we can’t point to evidence of the actual long-term effect of using DDT—even if we can point to the millions of lives it once saved in the battle against malaria, and the millions of lives it didn’t save after it was discontinued.

But by now you can get an idea for the major outlines of an environmental hysteria. The steps are: a) start with assumption that man is “ravaging the Earth,” b) latch onto an unproven scientific hypothesis that fits this preconception, c) extrapolate wildly from half-formed theories and short-term trends to predict a future apocalypse, d) pressure a bunch of people with “Ph.D.” after their names to endorse it so you can say it’s a consensus of experts, e) get the press to broadcast it with even less nuance and get a bunch of Hollywood celebrities who failed Freshman biology to adopt it as their pet cause, then finally f) quietly drop the whole thing when it doesn’t pan out—and move on with undiminished enthusiasm to the next environmental doomsday scenario.

When men fail as entirely as they have—well, I’m not going to ask them to fall on their swords. But we might ask them to understand why, when they assure us their newest doomsday predictions are really, really true this time, we’re not inclined to believe a single word they say.

7 Big Failed Environmentalist Predictions

By Robert Tracinski, Philosopher

"GTP"
johnkeats165498.jpg

There is some shill on another site saying the medieval temperatures were much warmer than they were 8000 years ago.

I told him he could not possibly know that because he wasn't around back then and nobody else alive today was either. His response? You guessed it. I'm a bigoted Trump voting retard.

There is some shill on another site saying the medieval temperatures were much warmer than they were 8000 years ago.

I told him he could not possibly know that because he wasn't around back then and nobody else alive today was either. His response? You guessed it. I'm a bigoted Trump voting retard.

You didn't try to deny it, did you?

Yo, you might learn something in this article, if you read it, and apply your brain!!!

Paul Feyerabend (1924-1994) — A rebel within the philosophy of science. He argued that there is no scientific method or, in his words, "anything goes." Without regard to rational guidelines, scientists do whatever they need to in order to come up with new ideas and persuade others to accept them.

I recently discussed what it would take to prove that global warming is actually occurring, that it is caused by humans, and that it will be catastrophic. But that’s not the full picture. To understand why so many of us are so skeptical about global warming, you have to understand the environmentalists’ larger track record: a long series of failed predictions and bogus prognostications of doom.

It has been 45 years now since the first Earth Day. You would think that in this time frame, given the urgency with which we were told we had to confront the supposed threats to the environment—Harvard biologist George Wald told us, “Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken”—at least one of the big environmental disasters should have come to fruition. Fifteen years ago, an article inReason took a look at claims like this from the first Earth Day in 1970. The specific quotations have been helpfully excerpted here and have been bounced around a lot on the Internet and on conservative talk radio for the last few days. It is a comical litany of forecasting gone wrong.

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming
Which brings us back to global warming. I noted last week that after a multi-decade plateau in global temperatures, they are now at or below the low end of the range for all of the computer models that predicted global warming.

If we go full circle, back to the failed prediction of global cooling, we can see the wider trend. After two or three decades of cooling temperatures, from the 1940s to 1970, environmentalists project a cooling trend—only to have the climate change on them. After a few decades of warmer temperatures, from the 1970s to the late 1990s, they all jumped onto the bandwagon of projecting a continued warming trend—and the darned climate changed again, staying roughly flat since about 1998.

No wonder all of these environmental hysterias seem to begin with the phrase, “if current trends continue.” But current trends don’t continue. Global temperatures go down, then up, then stay flat. Population growth tapers off, while agricultural yields increase at even higher rates. We don’t just sit around using up our currently available oil reserves; we go out and find new reserves of oil and new ways to extract it.

And that’s the real issue. The environmental doomsayers don’t just extrapolate blindly from current trends. They extrapolate only from the trends that fit their apocalyptic vision while ignoring trends that don’t fit. They project forward the current rate at which we’re using up our resources, but ignore the history of our ability to innovate and create. They get all excited by 20 years of rising temperature or rising oil prices—but ignore two centuries of rising wealth and longevity.

It’s almost as if they started with a preconceived conclusion and cast about for evidence to support it.

These are only the highlights. I’ve left out some relatively minor claims, like the idea that we’re going to run out of room in landfills to put all of our trash. (It’s a claim I haven’t heard in a while, perhaps because it’s ridiculous and based on total mathematical ignorance about the sheer size of the surface area of the Earth.) I’ve left out a few claims that have faded from public consciousness. Such as “acid rain” (no, it wasn’t a song by Prince), deforestation, or the general hysteria about how “chemicals” were going to give us all cancer. And I’ve also left out a few of the more controversial claims like the ozone hole or the supposedly destructive effects of DDT. Because it was successfully banned, we can’t point to evidence of the actual long-term effect of using DDT—even if we can point to the millions of lives it once saved in the battle against malaria, and the millions of lives it didn’t save after it was discontinued.

But by now you can get an idea for the major outlines of an environmental hysteria. The steps are: a) start with assumption that man is “ravaging the Earth,” b) latch onto an unproven scientific hypothesis that fits this preconception, c) extrapolate wildly from half-formed theories and short-term trends to predict a future apocalypse, d) pressure a bunch of people with “Ph.D.” after their names to endorse it so you can say it’s a consensus of experts, e) get the press to broadcast it with even less nuance and get a bunch of Hollywood celebrities who failed Freshman biology to adopt it as their pet cause, then finally f) quietly drop the whole thing when it doesn’t pan out—and move on with undiminished enthusiasm to the next environmental doomsday scenario.

When men fail as entirely as they have—well, I’m not going to ask them to fall on their swords. But we might ask them to understand why, when they assure us their newest doomsday predictions are really, really true this time, we’re not inclined to believe a single word they say.

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

If we add your academic and professional experience with climatology to that of the "Philosopher" Bob, Tracinski, would the sum be a whole number less than 1?

I really hate when people like that stoop so low, they give Republicans a bad name(Assuming he's a Republican, because if what he says is true, it would disprove Global Climate Change/Warming/cooling.)

Last edited:

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

If we add your academic and professional experience with climatology to that of the "Philosopher" Bob, Tracinski, would the sum be a whole number less than 1?

Yo yes, like all of the "Global Warming" scientist!

"GTP"
8406846810_8b33faa69c.jpg

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

"GTP"
View attachment 76344
Michael E. Mann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Education A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989), MS physics (1991), MPhil physics (1991), MPhil geology (1993), PhD geology & geophysics (1998)[1]

Geophysics /dʒiːoʊfɪzɪks/ is a subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the Earth and its surrounding space environment, and the use of quantitative methods for their analysis. The term geophysics sometimes refers only to the geological applications: Earth's shape; its gravitational and magnetic fields; its internal structure and composition; its dynamics and their surface expression in plate tectonics, the generation of magmas, volcanism and rock formation.[1] However, modern geophysics organizations use a broader definition that includes the water cycle including snow and ice; fluid dynamics of the oceans and the atmosphere; electricity and magnetism in the ionosphere and magnetosphere and solar-terrestrial relations; and analogous problems associated with the Moon and other planets.[1][2][3]

You lose......again.......

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

"GTP"
View attachment 76344
Education A.B. applied mathematics and physics (1989), MS physics (1991), MPhil physics (1991), MPhil geology (1993), PhD geology & geophysics (1998)[1]

Geophysics /dʒiːoʊfɪzɪks/ is a subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the Earth and its surrounding space environment, and the use of quantitative methods for their analysis. The term geophysics sometimes refers only to the geological applications: Earth's shape; its gravitational and magnetic fields; its internal structure and composition; its dynamics and their surface expression in plate tectonics, the generation of magmas, volcanism and rock formation.[1] However, modern geophysics organizations use a broader definition that includes the water cycle including snow and ice; fluid dynamics of the oceans and the atmosphere; electricity and magnetism in the ionosphere and magnetosphere and solar-terrestrial relations; and analogous problems associated with the Moon and other planets.[1][2][3]

Yo, they are all the same, give me a paycheck and I`ll tell you what you want to hear, simple! Nobody is going to figure out Nature!!!

"GTP"
Follow The Money?
1200x-1.jpg

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

"GTP"
View attachment 76344

Yo, they are all the same, give me a paycheck and I`ll tell you what you want to hear, simple! Nobody is going to figure out Nature!!!

"GTP"
Follow The Money?
View attachment 76346

Yeah.......Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.......

How about Ceiling Cat? He's omniscient....

While that is certainly true, did he also try to explain proxies to you?

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

"GTP"
View attachment 76344

"GTP"
Follow The Money?
View attachment 76346
Yo,yo, you silly dumb fuck, you are posting how dumb you think all scientists are using a computer to post that opinion on an internet message board. And you are just too fucking stupid to realize the irony of that.

Yes, AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

1) Global Cooling
2) Overpopulation
3) Mass Starvation
4) Resource Depletion
5) Mass Extinction
6) Renewable Energy
7) Global Warming

"GTP"
View attachment 76337

"GTP"
View attachment 76344

"GTP"
Follow The Money?
View attachment 76346
Yo,yo, you silly dumb fuck, you are posting how dumb you think all scientists are using a computer to post that opinion on an internet message board. And you are just too fucking stupid to realize the irony of that.

Yes, AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

Yo, Dumb-Fuck? If you could "Comprehend" anything, you would agree there is plenty of doubt about Global Warming, period!!!

"GTP"
Snow-Meme-5.jpg

Really? Care to show us that? How about some links to credible scientific sources that state there is doubt as to what the effect of GHGs are in the atmosphere? In the meantime, how about a little educational reading from the American Institute of Physics. That is simply the biggest Scientific Society in the world.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Forum List

Back