Global Ice loss accelerating.

Noticed you didn't address my Glacier Bay post at all thus YOU know it is true the melting that started long before 1950 which mean that CO2 has little to with it after all the LIA officially ended in the mid 1800's which is WHY there is melting back to a lower value since then after having built up for about 3 CENTURUES during the LIA time.

DUH!

Meanwhile it appears that the usual gang of warmist/alarmists in the thread still don't understand POST 55 at all where it shows just how small the melting is which I will show by charts for the science impaired warmist/alarmists to handle hopefully their heads don't blow up.

View attachment 604125

View attachment 604126

But that is because their brains are not capable of realizing what is the true size of the Ice fields of these two locations,

View attachment 604127

View attachment 604128

Let's see if they finally realized how badly they were snookered.... but I doubt it.

Hey Chart-*******, lying with graphics guy!
I note your graphs are from 'IMBIE,' so I went THERE to have a look at the Real story.
Of course, it's Not your misleading opinion/result.

imbie.org

The results of IMBIE 2016 were published in 2018 for Antarctica and in 2019 for Greenland. By combining the results of 50 different surveys produced by 89 participants from 50 international organisations, we produced reconciled time-series of ice sheet mass balance, showing that the Antarctic and Greenland Ice Sheets contributed 17.8 ± 1.8 mm to global sea level rise between 1992 and 2017.

The Antarctic Ice Sheet Lost 2720 ± 1390 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2017, with a 4-fold Increase in the Rate of Mass Loss between the first five years of our survey (1992-1997) and the Last five years of our survey (2012-2017). West Antarctica experienced the largest change with the rate of mass loss rising from 53 ± 29 billion tonnes per year at the start of our survey to 159 ± 26 billion tonnes per year at the end of our survey due to increased ocean melting at Pine Island and Thwaites Glaciers causing glacier speedup.
The Antarctic Peninsula also experienced Increased ice losses following the Collapse of Larsen B and Wilkins ice shelves with the rate of ice loss Increasing from 7 ± 13 billion tonnes to 33 ± 16 billion tonnes per year. Finally, East Antarctica, where mass balance fluctuations are primarily driven by snowfall accumulation, has remained close to a state of balance with a small gain of 5 ± 46 billion tonnes of ice per year between 1992 and 2017.

The Greenland Ice Sheet lost 3902 ± 342 billion tonnes of ice between 1992 and 2018. Over half of Greenland’s ice losses comes from increased meltwater runoff driven by warmer atmospheric conditions, with the remainder originating from dynamical imbalance. The Rate of ice loss has Dramatically Increased over the course of our survey, rising from 26 ± 27 billion tonnes per year in the early 1990s to 244 ± 28 billion tonnes per year between 2012 and 2017.

These two assessments reveal that ice losses from the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets are currently tracking the upper range of the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) sea level rise projections, which predicts an additional contribution to sea level rise between 14.5 and 23 cm above the central predictions by the end of the century."""
- - -

You can't debate me/the truth, only post/billboard your misleading picture shows.
This is why Sunet put me on [FAUX] Ignore.
He can't answer when I pork his Lies/Misreps of data/graphics (daily).

`

Last edited:
Okay, you're sane so far.

The fuck it does not. The science on that dates back to the 19th Century, you scientifically

Carbon dioxide is a hoax, eh? It's part of our atmosphere -- it was 300 ppm or 0.03% of our atmosphere in the early part of the 20th Century; it's now 0.04% (400+ ppm) and rapidly rising, and that is what causes the greenhouse effect. It's pure science. Our atmosphere is composed of gases. CO2 is a gas - a heat-trapping one at that. Increase CO2 in the atmosphere, and well, you increase the heat that fails to escape earth's atmosphere.

Nope. See a shrink and tell him/her to up your medication.

The DATA

We have TWO and ONLY TWO measures of ATMOSPHERIC TEMPS

Satellites and Balloons

Both showed NO WARMING

Then your side FUDGED BOTH

Response - typical left wing name calling

Crick has been shown the data many times, but he eats too many slices of Swiss Cheese to remember it, here is the true picture:

cumulative-ice-loss-antarctica-1992-2017.png

change-in-ice-mass-antarctica-1992-2017.png

LINK to the IMBIE Data Downloads

I'm convinced, we're doomed.

From the polar caps to the glaciers of Europe, Asia and South America, global warming is melting the planet’s ice faster than ever and speeding the inundation of the world’s coastlines.

New research shows the annual melt rate grew from 0.8 trillion tons in the 1990s to 1.3 trillion tons by 2017, and has accelerated most in the places with the most ice—the Greenland and Antarctic ice shelves and sheets.

Those massive systems of land and sea-based ice are melting as fast as the worst-case climate scenarios in major global climate reports, said Thomas Slater, a co-author of the new study in The Cryosphere that measured the meltdown from 1994 to 2017, which covers a timespan when every decade was warmer than the previous one and also includes the 20 warmest years on record.

Thank Heaven’s we have a wonderful new President who is taking this threat seriously.
But where is the threat coming from? From humans? We don't know.
We do know the Earth warms up every 100,000 years or so, and we're in the warm period right now. Perhaps the threat comes from the Milankovich cycles.

But where is the threat coming from? From humans? We don't know.
We do know the Earth warms up every 100,000 years or so, and we're in the warm period right now. Perhaps the threat comes from the Milankovich cycles.
""...But consider what happens when more CO2 is released from outside of the natural carbon cycle – by burning fossil fuels. Although our output of 29 gigatons of CO2 is tiny compared to the 750 gigatons moving through the carbon cycle each year, it adds up because the land and ocean cannot absorb all of the extra CO2. About 60% of this additional CO2 is absorbed. The rest remains in the atmosphere, and as a consequence, atmospheric CO2 is at its highest level in 15 to 20 million years (Tripati et al. 2009). (A natural change of 100ppm normally takes 5,000 to 20,000 years. The recent increase of 100ppm has taken just 120 years). [Paragraph updated July 2022, to correct information on % of additional CO2 that is absorbed.]

Human CO2 emissions upset the natural balance of the carbon cycle. Man-made CO2 in the atmosphere has increased by a third since the pre-industrial era, creating an artificial forcing of global temperatures which is warming the planet."..."

`

I'm really terrified!

Oh wait, I forgot that I don't care.

Of course you don't, you sociopathic assface. It's not your problem. It's like when you chew your gum and throw it on the ground and it gets stuck to someone else's shoe. Ha! Ha! Sucks for them.

Your sociopathic shit - and that of the last generation or two - has ensured that people born this year will be living in a world of shit. I can't do anything more than you can to save them at this point, but at least I have enough empathy to imagine what kind of world they're going to inherit.

Of course you don't, you sociopathic assface. It's not your problem. It's like when you chew your gum and throw it on the ground and it gets stuck to someone else's shoe. Ha! Ha! Sucks for them.

Your sociopathic shit - and that of the last generation or two - has ensured that people born this year will be living in a world of shit. I can't do anything more than you can to save them at this point, but at least I have enough empathy to imagine what kind of world they're going to inherit.

You're right.
I am totally going to freeze to death next winter, so that it's
a tiny bit cooler in 50 years.

It seems the entire philosophy behind climate panic is that if someone gets angry enough at strangers then the weather will get better.

My philosophy has always been, if you're nice to everyone, the weather just SEEMS better.

They are connected by the St Lawrence River. But that does not put the lakes at sea level. Why do you think the river flows?
Dude, you literally told me the reason you said the lakes were high is they were connected to the ocean. I knew that, and I know the lakes are used for freshwater drinking that changes their levels annually. Also, they are impacted by winter in the NH, that is colder than most the rest of the country. It is you, Siab, stating that. If you are now backpedaling, thanks. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Dude, you literally told me the reason you said the lakes were high is they were connected to the ocean. I knew that, and I know the lakes are used for freshwater drinking that changes their levels annually. Also, they are impacted by winter in the NH, that is colder than most the rest of the country. It is you, Siab, stating that. If you are now backpedaling, thanks. Makes sense.
How does the ocean raising get past Niagara Falls to raise the Great Lakes, other than Lake Ontario?

From the polar caps to the glaciers of Europe, Asia and South America, global warming is melting the planet’s ice faster than ever and speeding the inundation of the world’s coastlines.

New research shows the annual melt rate grew from 0.8 trillion tons in the 1990s to 1.3 trillion tons by 2017, and has accelerated most in the places with the most ice—the Greenland and Antarctic ice shelves and sheets.

Those massive systems of land and sea-based ice are melting as fast as the worst-case climate scenarios in major global climate reports, said Thomas Slater, a co-author of the new study in The Cryosphere that measured the meltdown from 1994 to 2017, which covers a timespan when every decade was warmer than the previous one and also includes the 20 warmest years on record.

Thank Heaven’s we have a wonderful new President who is taking this threat seriously.
lies, polar ice is greater now than in the last 200 years. Human beings are not changing the climate of planet earth. Earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years and humans have never had anything to do with it, we cannot stop it, slow it, or reverse it. This climate cult is preaching bullshit.

lies, polar ice is greater now than in the last 200 years. Human beings are not changing the climate of planet earth. Earth's climate has been changing for hundreds of millions of years and humans have never had anything to do with it, we cannot stop it, slow it, or reverse it. This climate cult is preaching bullshit.
Whom do you believe is lying?

IPCC and their funded team.

Otherwise, there would be true issues at the coast lines, and there isn't. Not anywhere. And factually speaking, no one, including you, has shown where sea levels have started rising.

IPCC and their funded team.

Otherwise, there would be true issues at the coast lines, and there isn't. Not anywhere. And factually speaking, no one, including you, has shown where sea levels have started rising.
We have repeatedly shown you where sea levels were rising. And there are issues at the coast lines.

every one of the climate cuiltists. your hero the great Algore said that by the year 2020 that the entire state of fla and most of the east coast would be under water and that there would be no ice at either pole. Was he lying? or just stupid?

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
every one of the climate cuiltists. your hero the great Algore said that by the year 2020 that the entire state of fla and most of the east coast would be under water and that there would be no ice at either pole. Was he lying? or just stupid?
He's certainly not stupid but he's certainly not a climate scientist or a scientist of any persuasion. Gore did a good thing making so many people aware of this problem, but Gore himself would be the first person to tell you to go to the published scientists if you want to know something. And, the people that are lying to you are the people that want to keep the oil industry going because they earn their bread and butter from it, either working or investing. They have a quiet campaign going to fund researchers they believe will deliver reports favoring their cause and PR work with the right-wing media on the air and on the net. The CEOs have admitted it in testimony under oath before Congress. Read the article at this link. No evil computer models.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back