Glenn Beck: "Bring troops home, we're gonna have enough trouble here."

Glenn Beck just said on his radio show we should start bringing troops home from the Middle East. Said we're gonna "have enough trouble here" and that the troops should be home with families and ready to take care of our country.

I'm about 50/50 with Beck, agree with some, disagree with some.

But I think he's right. The left is gonna get violent, right here at home. Our police and national guard can handle it just fine. But our troops should be home to care for their families through it all. Besides, F**K the Middle East. We did everything we could for that craphole. Screw 'em. Pull back. Keep enough of a presence to bomb Iran if necessary. Screw picking up the pieces of the places we bomb.

Guess Beck is a left winger now since he's saying bring the troops home.

The only reason we have to deal with the middle east is because our energy policy at home is s screwed up.

Violence isnt just a left wing issue. But sooner or later we will see whats going on elsewhere in the world here. Madison is just a small taste. Thankfully, despite the calls for violence on the left there hasnt been much yet.

This is why I am in favor of drilling in the United States. So we arent shipping money and troops to the middle east all the time. We need to fix our problems here now.

Does anyone notice a drastic increase in civil unrest throughout the world in higher developed countries...including here in the US?

Greece, middle eastern countries...and now we have state governments at odds to the point of desertion of ones government responsibilities....and people hitting the streets....

Am I the only one who is starting to get a little concerned?

Peaceful protests were part of the founders plan for this country.

How sad that the right seems so willing to call out the troops to scare the people unless they are tea party members.

Really?

Exactly what do you base that accusation on?

Absolutely nothing. She is in her own little fantasy world that barely touches reality. I wish she'd wake up. For her own sake. She is in bed with people who have no compunction killing her when they get what they want: Power.

Glen Beck is insane and or will do anything for money.

Do you think troops would shoot at protesting Americans?

Do you think troops should be deployed against Americans on American soil?

Did you read the thread?
The premise is that troops should be home with their families if there is civil unrest.
We have local law enforcement and the national guard to control any rioting....
If there is civil unrest...and I sense it may become a national issue as well...I will travel as little as possible as civil unrest usually results in looting and violence and my place will be with my family.
I have to wonder if bringing our troops home from Vietnam while civil unrest was happening in this country would be something Beck and other Conservatives would have supported? That would have helped stop that war sooner saving lives and fortunes.

I like the idea of bringing the troops home, bring them home from Iraq/Afghanistan/Germany/Japan/Vietnam/South Korea/South America etc etc etc.

Bring them home in order to use them against fellow americans? God I hope that's not the message he's trying to spread.................

As an atheist though I'm always apprehensive about that bigot.

Glenn is about as much a bigot as TM is an honest woman.

I like the idea of bringing the troops home, bring them home from Iraq/Afghanistan/Germany/Japan/Vietnam/South Korea/South America etc etc etc.

Bring them home in order to use them against fellow americans? God I hope that's not the message he's trying to spread.................

As an atheist though I'm always apprehensive about that bigot.

That is exactly what Beck means.

Beck has a shakey grasp on reality and partiotism.

He sure makes alot of money though

And I know how much you hate people making money. Especially those who share information with one another.

So why dont you just go back to your beach house and complain about all those evil people who work for a living.

Glen Beck contradicts himself all the time.

This is, of course, false. Like most of what you say.

However, your record of contradiction far exceeds his, even if we generously accepted your assertions. I'd suggest worrying about your own contradictions and stop trying to fight good people trying to make a positive impact on our nation.

I used to listen to his radio show everyday until I learned he was anti-atheist and a secret President Bush lover. I used to be so happy when he was open minded about Bush and would bash him the same way he did Democrats, then when he met Bush in person he became a gruveling jester and devoted his entire next show to how great of a man Bush is and how he always followed his principles in office.

I'll never forget that about Beck.

What on earth are you babbling about? Glenn's been attacking Bush for years. He still is.

Why is it you claim I hate people who make money?

where did I ever say that?

Its not illegal for democrats to own beach houses is it?

I always attribute a lot of credibility to a former drunk who never went to college, and who's schtick is to play history professor with a chalk board.

Some people might call it a campy yet brilliant marketing niche on his part.

I call it highly educational and intellectual!

I suppose a drunk/drug abuser would be be more credible to you?

I suppose you are one of these fools that seems to think that having a piece of paper from a school means you are smart no matter what stupid things you say or support?

Personally, Id rather be around former drunk self educated person who continually tries to learn and grow than a fool who thinks a piece of paper makes him smart and does nothing to better himself.

I prefer to judge people according to their merits rather than sophistry.

Does anyone notice a drastic increase in civil unrest throughout the world in higher developed countries...including here in the US?

Greece, middle eastern countries...and now we have state governments at odds to the point of desertion of ones government responsibilities....and people hitting the streets....

Am I the only one who is starting to get a little concerned?

Nope. And things are going to get worse. Food stortages and inflation are just getting started.

Ironically, Glenn has been 100% accurate with his predictions so far. Which disappoints him as much as it does anyone else. I don't know that anyone wants to be right when pointing out bad things are going to happen.

I have to wonder if bringing our troops home from Vietnam while civil unrest was happening in this country would be something Beck and other Conservatives would have supported? That would have helped stop that war sooner saving lives and fortunes.

You do realize that the US military leaving SE Asia resulted in the deaths of millions of Asians right?

I am not withdrawaling the troops sooner then would have resulted in less death consider the commies killed millions of people because we didn't stop them.

What was Beck ever right about?

Try watching him.
You will be surprised.

I know...why would you watch someone who analyzes situations and makes predictions. Why should you EVER want to try thinking out of the box.

You are so much better off just watching NBC and hearing ONLY what they want you to hear about.

You rail against people making money on a regular basis. You attack Glenn for doing his job and making money. You attack oil companies for employing people and making money. You attack all sorts of businesses for making money on a regular basis and then whine when they have to lay off people because they aren't making money.

Republicans try to create more private sector jobs for people to work and make a living and you attack them for it.

The sad thing is you are so lost in your lies that you've lied to and decieved yourself into ignoring your own flaws and behavior.

The Fed monatizing the debt.
The riots in Egypt spreading throughout the middle east and other parts of the world. In fact, the left went out for about a week claiming Glenn was nuts for suggesting that riots could spread to India and Europe. Shocking that there have been riots in India the last few days.
Maybe the impending inflationary problem we are having that the Government is still lying about?
Or that radical leftists and radical muslims are working together to destablize the world.

Seriously, those are just the ones that have been happening lately. He was predicting some of this stuff years ago. Yet despite his track record, he's just nuts.

Try watching him.
You will be surprised.

I know...why would you watch someone who analyzes situations and makes predictions. Why should you EVER want to try thinking out of the box.

You are so much better off just watching NBC and hearing ONLY what they want you to hear about.

You mean learn something? That's crazy! Why would anyone want to do that?!

I used to listen to his radio show everyday until I learned he was anti-atheist and a secret President Bush lover. I used to be so happy when he was open minded about Bush and would bash him the same way he did Democrats, then when he met Bush in person he became a gruveling jester and devoted his entire next show to how great of a man Bush is and how he always followed his principles in office.

I'll never forget that about Beck.

What on earth are you babbling about? Glenn's been attacking Bush for years. He still is.

Should I cut and paste what I already said or reword and restate what I've already said?

I used to like Beck, not because I believed everything he said but because I thought he stood on principle. Then after listening to him for awhile he proved that he was the type who would say bad things about Bush then do nothing less than gruvel at his feet when he met him and blow him over the airwaves the next day. At least when O'Reilly bashes Obama he's proved that he means it when he met him face to face and didn't stoop to kissing his ass.

In 2011 we still haven't come to terms that being anti-atheist and truly believing you have to believe in a god to have morals is a form of bigotry. My guess is the next generation will get it, but mine and the older ones don't. It's more or less celebrated when a talking head or bureacrat blanketly bashes the entire group of people called atheists.

You rail against people making money on a regular basis. You attack Glenn for doing his job and making money. You attack oil companies for employing people and making money. You attack all sorts of businesses for making money on a regular basis and then whine when they have to lay off people because they aren't making money.

Republicans try to create more private sector jobs for people to work and make a living and you attack them for it.

The sad thing is you are so lost in your lies that you've lied to and decieved yourself into ignoring your own flaws and behavior.

I never said any of those things.

Go get your proof I have.

Forum List

Back