Give Trump a Win on this one

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
I think by now you know I am not a Trump supporter. But I listened to his latest and I agree with him. Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan are pretty well joined at the hip. We can't afford to stop until the threat is completely removed. We need to do whatever is necessary. It's up to us to help the indigenous people to do it themselves through our support. If we don't then we will find them attacking us in our own back yards in force. It cannot be tolerated.

The big message that was conveyed was that Trump is going to let the Military handle it anyway it is needed. He didn't give specifics and shouldn't be required to do so. He's not a military genius by any stretch of the imagination. But he has people working for him that are.

Something angered me after the speech. CBS started in tearing it apart by pointing out things he didn't say instead of covering what he did say. I thought the speech was the best he has ever done and actually sounded Presidential. This differs greatly from the past. What he, more or less, said that we were not "In it to Win It". It's about damned time.

We got into a rut when the rightees would not give credit where credit was due to Obama. Let's not keep repeating this mistake and give this one to Trump as a Win. I am sure that very quickly he will go off rail on something. But let's give him the win on this one. It may very well be a win for America.

Forum List

Back