Give to the Red Cross, unless your name is Romney

Money is what they need.

Not more water..food or clothing.

We got that covered.

They need everything they can get.

No they don't.

You ever work for the Red Cross?

I did. We had to warehouse a shit load of clothing they couldn't use.

That..costs money.
Why do relief donations HAVE to go through the Red Cross? Are they the ONLY disaster relief agency/organization in the world?

At the event in Ohio, there were two large screen TV's set up with information on how to donate money to the Red Cross.

No they don't.

That..costs money.

During a crisis they need everything they can get. Try wrapping yourself around a dollar bill, when it gets cold at night. Why is it that you need to Politicize everything Sallow??? Food, Clothing, Shelter, are in high demand right now. Stop being an Idiot.

You'd have better luck getting the Earth to rotate in the opposite direction.

Money is what they need.

We got that covered.

Who is "they"? Certainly not the needy.

If "they" are the Red Cross. Who made them the sole arbitrator for charitable contributions?

They need money. With money they can purchase exactly what they need and help stimulate the local economy at the same time. Red Cross doesn't even accept donated clothing. The logistics of storing it and transporting it are far too expensive.

Best way to help ? Find someone who needs something and give it to them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with those impacted by post-tropical storm Sandy. Local Church leaders along the eastern coast of the United States have made preparations for the storm. Church representatives are in contact with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), The American Red Cross, Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) and other relief agencies to coordinate response efforts. Forty-two LDS volunteers are supporting Red Cross shelter operations in New Jersey and neighboring areas. The Church is working closely with the Red Cross to identify additional shelter locations if needed.
The Church stands ready to assist affected communities. Emergency Response resources have been pre-positioned in Bishops Storehouses in the area. These resources include items such as food, water, blankets, hygiene supplies, tarps, cleaning supplies, chain saws and shovels.
Local Church leaders will make assessments in the coming days and coordinate with response partners to determine further relief efforts.
Church Releases Statement on Hurricane Sandy, Now a Post-Tropical Storm

The red cross wants money, and they originally asked Romney to not take food/clothing donations and told him they would not be accepting them.

That being said, I'm sure there are other charities that would be happy to accept and distribute whatever Romney supporters donate.

No they don't.

That..costs money.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.

The Red Cross and Salvation Army work in completely different ways and have completely different goals. The Red Cross needs quick efficient help at the time of crisis, and the absolute quickest way to do that is with money and their preset system of distribution.

I would not give a cent to the Red Cross. They always want money, is that to help people or to support the massive Red Cross bureaucracy. How much of every dollar goes to aid, and how much to administrative costs?

"American Red Cross
The do-gooders at the American Red Cross do a good job of spending your money when you donate. They manage to keep administrative expenses at less than 5% of their total overhead, and they spend 92.1% of their income on actual programs that benefit the community. Whether it's teacher CPR, or managing crisis during the aftermath of a disaster, the Red Cross puts your money to good use."

What Percentage of Donations Go to Charity

Money is what they need.

We got that covered.

"We" who?? I didn't realize we separated in to factions during a national crisis? Nor did I realize that giving from the heart is a reason for the liberal press to ridicule and mock someone. BULLIES, LIARS, PROPAGANDISTS.. It all adds up and your guy is going down BIG next Tuesday.. Payback time.

Money is what they need.

We got that covered.

The Red Cross asked people not to send canned goods or clothing because it makes more work for their workers to sort and distribute it. They asked for money.

LMAO

American Red Cross Official Defends Fundraising Efforts | Fox News

Samuel Kille, senior director of public relations for American Red Cross' Metro New York chapter, said the organization sent $10 million of the $34 million it had raise

No one should give the Red Cross money.. they keep it for themselves..

The Red Cross asked people not to send canned goods or clothing because it makes more work for their workers to sort and distribute it. They asked for money.

LMAO

American Red Cross Official Defends Fundraising Efforts | Fox News

Samuel Kille, senior director of public relations for American Red Cross' Metro New York chapter, said the organization sent $10 million of the $34 million it had raise

No one should give the Red Cross money.. they keep it for themselves..

You are so full of shit :eusa_hand:

The red cross does a lot of good, the fact that you feel the need to lie about them because they didn't want canned goods shows how petty you are.

It appears that Red Cross is a protected entity among lefties..much like Planned Parenthood. They can do no wrong, they must not be questioned, and everybody must support them!

Which tells me it's probably crooked as a three dollar bill.

Forum List

Back