Give to the Red Cross, unless your name is Romney

They need everything they can get.
The Red Cross asked people not to send canned goods or clothing because it makes more work for their workers to sort and distribute it. They asked for money.

The Red Cross also asked people to send food and clothing, what's your point?

And both Mitt and his wife solicited donations for them.

Sometimes, A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Lefty Words « The Greenroom

Money is what they need.

Not more water..food or clothing.

We got that covered.

You and your compatriots can't even understand a simple statement of fact witout getting hysterical. For years the Red Cross has asked for Blood and Money which they can turn over as needed aid to disaster victims.

Romney's 'efforts' were in conflict with what everyone knows about disaster aid as clearly expressed in the video you posted. In this case you guys on the right are not simply stupid - as in most matters - but fully partisan tools of the Romney Defense Team. Romney is a phony, an empty suit and clearly needs sycophants and spin masters - sadly Windbag you're not the master of anything as your feeble attempts to spin Romney's behavior as humane and not political is indefensible.

One other point, you guys on the right want a balanced budget amendment and the government to only do what the Constitution expressly allows. Maybe the less dullards among you can now see how stupid that ideology is in the face of such devastation.

I worked for the Salvation Army, the first thing they send in is a food truck to make sure everyone gets a hot meal. They also bring in a trailer filled with clothes and blankets. I bet those people in Breezy Point would rather have the Salvation Army outside than the Red Cross with their paperwork and a piece of plastic.

Please, keep lecturing me about disaster relief from your armchair, I will donate what I know I would want if my home just got wiped out.

Tell me something, why does the Red Cross have a monopoly on the nation's blood supply? Don't you hate monopolies? Isn't supporting a monopoly simply because they make you feel good the epitome of ideology?

By the way, the Red Cross in New Jersey has specifically said they want the food Romney is collecting. I guess that makes your entire rant a complete waste of electrons.

I donate blood to Red Cross on a regular basis. I don't wait for natural disasters to happen.

No they don't.

You ever work for the Red Cross?

I did. We had to warehouse a shit load of clothing they couldn't use.

That..costs money.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.
Never did any work for them.

The Red Cross is amazingly well organized. But getting massive amounts of hard items requires lots of boots on the ground to organize.

In any case. Romney's cancelled rally didnt really seem like it got cancelled at all. And the normally non partisan red cross probably didnt want to be associated with Romney's victory rally.

I worked for The Salvation Army, everything helps. If the Red Cross can't figure out what to do with the clothes they don't deserve my money.
The Salvation Army kicks ass. I had two uncles in Belgium in Dec 1944... when the lines broke in the Ardennes, and the troops were in disarray trying to regroup, the Salvation Army was on the FRONT giving our soldiers cigarettes, chocolate bars, coffee, and other items that were needed. They both said you could find the Red Cross SELLING the same items to the troops... safely behind the lines miles away from the front.

Doesn't surprise me a bit they only want cash.

I was a bell ringer once, and I heard stories like that all the time. I have nothing but contempt for the Red Cross.

I was a bell-ringer too. It's funny how crabby people can get around Christmas.

Money is what they need.

Not more water..food or clothing.

We got that covered.

No they don't.

That..costs money.

Stupid is as stupid does. If the Red Cross has a shit load of clothing they couldn't use, they could turn it over to Goodwill, and save the storage fees. Or, they could distribute it to various other charities that cater to those in need.

No they don't.

That..costs money.

The Red Cross is amazingly well organized. But getting massive amounts of hard items requires lots of boots on the ground to organize.

In any case. Romney's cancelled rally didnt really seem like it got cancelled at all. And the normally non partisan red cross probably didnt want to be associated with Romney's victory rally.

Which means they've gone political.

Taking politics out of Planned Parenthood, PITA, AARP, NPR, PBS, and the Red Cross would do wonders.

No they don't.

That..costs money.

Stupid is as stupid does. If the Red Cross has a shit load of clothing they couldn't use, they could turn it over to Goodwill, and save the storage fees. Or, they could distribute it to various other charities that cater to those in need.
I've done work with several charities; one that only dealt with coats for the homeless. This was not during an emergency, mind you, and it needed to sorted. People also give out the whackiest stuff. We got bathing suits, costumes and other unusable items.

It benefits you to give cash to the Red Cross as well, you can deduct it. Not so easy to do with cans of food and clothing. Works for everybody.

Give to the Red Cross till it feels good!

No they don't.

That..costs money.

Why don't you call the Red Cross to tell them they should refuse all the donations that were received at/because of the rally? Let's see if they don't want to be associated with the donations.

Dumb ass.

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

Romney is getting reamed in Ohio for his staged phony relief event. Even our nutty conservative national media was shocked by the brazen sleaze of it. Hence the Republican panic here. Ohio is out of reach forever now, and with it goes the last of Romney's hopes.

And I'm sure spitting hatred at the Red Cross is sure to bring in some more votes to the Republicans. Well done there.

^
Thinks MSNBC is the conservative national media. :thup:

One thing is sure in this political climate, repubs can't get a break from liberal talking heads no matter what they do.

Yeah, they should follow the classless example of those scumbags limbaugh and hannity, they always tell the "truth". It was funny hearing limbaugh take little shots at Governor Christie today, it shows how much of a petty partisan hack limbaugh is. :lol:

YEAH SURE..and listening to you liberals mock someone for trying to help the people of this country isn't going to be bringing any votes for Obama...
and the Red Cross ISN'T the be all to end all
Donate to the Salvation Army folks..

Last edited:

The Red Cross has had so many scandals. It's not spitting hatred at them. It's telling the truth.

The Red Cross is well known for ripping off donors and victims. The CEO's make 6 figure incomes.

And make no bones about it. I'm sure the primary reason they want cash is they can continue to pay themselves first and then let the victims get some financial relief.

Truth.

Fine then they don't need to give it to the Red Cross.

They can give the supplies to religious groups to distribute.

That should piss off liberals.

It benefits you to give cash to the Red Cross as well, you can deduct it. Not so easy to do with cans of food and clothing. Works for everybody.

Give to the Red Cross till it feels good!

Well, you can deduct it. Just need to keep the receipt ;)

I've done work with several charities; one that only dealt with coats for the homeless. This was not during an emergency, mind you, and it needed to sorted. People also give out the whackiest stuff. We got bathing suits, costumes and other unusable items.

Do they throw out the 'unusable' or donate them to the Salvation Army for re-sale?

The Red Cross has had so many scandals. It's not spitting hatred at them. It's telling the truth.

The Red Cross is well known for ripping off donors and victims. The CEO's make 6 figure incomes.

And make no bones about it. I'm sure the primary reason they want cash is they can continue to pay themselves first and then let the victims get some financial relief.

Truth.

I do give both to the Red Cross and Americares when I can. I think they both do a great job.

Forum List

Back