Give me one example...

I believe that Biblical prophecy is 100 percent accurate. So I'm asking if anyone can refute this. Give me one example of a Bible prophecy that got it wrong.

Note: Saying that it is wrong is not enough. You must provide irrefutable proof that it is wrong.

This is just going to end up in a silly fest, isn't it?

If I provide a prophecy, and then show it's wrong, you'll just make stuff up in order to show it's right.

Blood Moon 2018 bible prophecy TRUE: Earthquake hits Papua New Guinea same time as eclipse

"Chapter Two of the Book of Joel says that the "sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood" before the second coming of Jesus Christ."

Then this guy claimed that the Blood Moon of 2018 and an Earthquake were proof that Jesus is coming back.

But blood moons aren't so rare, they've happened plenty of times in the last 2000 years, and earthquakes aren't rare either.

So....
. No man shall know the hour nor the minute of the end or of the second coming. That is the gloriousness of it all. The hearts of man won't be coerced into believing anything out of fear nor from the threat of a day, but shall seek him out of the pureness of their hearts in which yearns for that day 24/7.

Some Christians will claim prophecies, others will you can't make prophecies. The joys of contradictory religions.
Care to put this in English ?

I missed out a "claim".

Some Christians will claim prophecies, others will claim you can't make prophecies. The joys of contradictory religions.

I believe that Biblical prophecy is 100 percent accurate. So I'm asking if anyone can refute this. Give me one example of a Bible prophecy that got it wrong.

Note: Saying that it is wrong is not enough. You must provide irrefutable proof that it is wrong.

Did Jeesus come back and no one noticed?

Given an infinite timeline, no prophecy, biblical or otherwise, can be said to be wrong.
Correct. No one saw him coming. "Concerning that day and hour no one knows" (Matt. 24:36).

We just noticed one day that he was here.

Mock and blaspheme all y'all want, the burden will be upon your shoulders in the end come the great judgement upon how you understood and yet ignored the words teachings that gives the very remedy for death itself. Death is the very proof that all that was written is true. Man has tried since the beginning of his time to fight death, and loses over and over again in his vainity. So he turns not to saving himself, but instead is satisfied temporarily to save his kind through legacy, and through his son's birth in order to carry on in his likeness be it in namesake, in geneology, knowledge, wisdom, and in hereditary traits passed on through it all. It's all he's got as is the same with woman until the end.

Man figures that to disprove the word is to find the open doorway that gives him his out, because he figures it would put the remedy into his own vain hands in which he feels that someday he might very well find his own answer towards the very thing in which he has no control over in that of this dreadful thing known as DEATH.

The word prescribes to man the formula that shapes his very own character, and also shows him the types of character in which he is to avoid thus here lay the battle of good verses evil in which resides also within the word. John swallowed the word, and it was bitter onto him, thus having the knowledge of those things that have since passed, and thus having the knowledge of the things that were still yet to come.

The word is a guide to all things known to man and woman as they liveth upon this earth, and shall be known to man as well as woman after they leave this earth in prophesy and in truth.

Mock and blaspheme all y'all want, the burden will be upon your shoulders in the end come the great judgement upon ...

Yeah. I heard that one before.
Good you heard it, but did you understand it's importance ? To blaspheme is to commit suicide by placing oneself into the dangers of the second death. One's name shall then be stricken from the book of Life. A man shall be as if he had not existed before, where as all is then lost forever. All though we have many trials and tribulations in our lives, we are to avoid those things that destroy our very own souls. It is written.

People who become a danger towards other people within a society, and all due to the many worldly factors involved in their lives, are to be placed on a strict watch by those in their family or by others who are then aware of such things before evilness is allowed to then strike out against those who are innocent. Such people have come forward to warn of the dangers, yet their warnings were ignored. Destruction soon followed as proof that such warnings were indeed valid.

This has been ignored in society over time now, and all manor of evil thoughts and actions has prevailed or has taken place since, and it shall continue if a return to sanity is not sought after. A return to the word as the instruction that it has been for us is imperative in order to help as many as possible, therefore to avoid becoming the helper of evil, and to instead become a steward and protector of that which is good.

If corrections are in order, please apply them. Thanks.

Mock and blaspheme all y'all want, the burden will be upon your shoulders in the end come the great judgement upon ...

Good you heard it, but did you understand it's importance ?

I remember once when I was a kid, a traveling salesman visited our house selling fire extinguishers. In his pitch he kept using phrases like "when you have your house fire, and your kids are sleeping in their rooms" etc... At some point, by dad became visibly angry and told the salesman to leave. He said he'd had enough of his implied threats.

I always thought it was kind of a crazy over reaction, but I think I'm starting to get it. When someone is trying to convince me of something, and insists that I'm going to suffer some terrible fate if I don't buy whatever it is they're selling - I smell a rat.

The second coming of Jesus never happened.

Fail!

The OP said give ONE example. You gave four.

I remember once when I was a kid, a traveling salesman visited our house selling fire extinguishers. In his pitch he kept using phrases like "when you have your house fire, and your kids are sleeping in their rooms" etc... At some point, by dad became visibly angry and told the salesman to leave. He said he'd had enough of his implied threats.

I always thought it was kind of a crazy over reaction, but I think I'm starting to get it. When someone is trying to convince me of something, and insists that I'm going to suffer some terrible fate if I don't buy whatever it is they're selling - I smell a rat.
You are not being sold anything. Salvation is a free gift. It does't cost you anything. What atheists are really angry about is the fact that if they accept Christ as their Savior, they will have to give up some of their worldly pleasures. In other words, they love their sin more than their Creator. So be it. You already know the price of sin. Enjoy it while you can.

Fail!

You are not being sold anything. Salvation is a free gift. It does't cost you anything. What atheists are really angry about is the fact that if they accept Christ as their Savior, they will have to give up some of their worldly pleasures. In other words, they love their sin more than their Creator. So be it. You already know the price of sin. Enjoy it while you can.

Yeah, yeah. Fire and brimstone. The boogey man will get me. I get it.

I'm not really an atheist. I just don't find your god appealing.

Fail!

And why is that? Be specific.

Fail!

You know, that "be specific" schtick is something I have little patience with. Do you see yourself as some kind of puffed up schoolmarm or something?

Anyway, I'm not much interested in a religion that resorts to petty threats to attract followers. Is that all you got?

Fail!

You know, that "be specific" schtick is something I have little patience with. Do you see yourself as some kind of puffed up schoolmarm or something?

Anyway, I'm not much interested in a religion that resorts to petty threats to attract followers. Is that all you got?
What threats? Is offering to save someone from falling off a cliff to certain death a threat? If you were hanging by your fingernails, would you be glad to accept rescue? If you were drowning, would you refuse the lifeguard who is trying to rescue you? It amounts to the same thing. Gods word is trying to rescue you from the penalty of sin, which is death. How does that equate to a threat?

Fail!

What threats? Is offering to save someone from falling off a cliff to certain death a threat? If you were hanging by your fingernails, would you be glad to accept rescue? If you were drowning, would you refuse the lifeguard who is trying to rescue you? It amounts to the same thing. Gods word is trying to rescue you from the penalty of sin, which is death. How does that equate to a threat?

So, that is all you got.

So, that is all you got.
You are a fool, and you deserve what's coming to you. That's not a threat. Just stating the obvious.

"
3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

^This seems appropriate here.

Good you heard it, but did you understand it's importance ? To blaspheme is to commit suicide by placing oneself into the dangers of the second death. One's name shall then be stricken from the book of Life. A man shall be as if he had not existed before, where as all is then lost forever. All though we have many trials and tribulations in our lives, we are to avoid those things that destroy our very own souls. It is written.

People who become a danger towards other people within a society, and all due to the many worldly factors involved in their lives, are to be placed on a strict watch by those in their family or by others who are then aware of such things before evilness is allowed to then strike out against those who are innocent. Such people have come forward to warn of the dangers, yet their warnings were ignored. Destruction soon followed as proof that such warnings were indeed valid.

This has been ignored in society over time now, and all manor of evil thoughts and actions has prevailed or has taken place since, and it shall continue if a return to sanity is not sought after. A return to the word as the instruction that it has been for us is imperative in order to help as many as possible, therefore to avoid becoming the helper of evil, and to instead become a steward and protector of that which is good.

If corrections are in order, please apply them. Thanks.

Yeah, well, unless you can show a letter where you have been appointed the one in charge of striking names from the book, it's not really any of your business, is it? Somebody else will be in charge of those decisions, and you really shouldn't try to poke your nose where it doesn't belong.

There is no collaborating record of Jesus

The Romans kept dillegent records and the trial and execution of a prominent political and cultural figure like Jesus would have been recorded

This thread concept is precisely the sort of parlor trick that a charlatan has to resort to, in order to sell his snake oil. If the charlatan had a decent product with proven effectiveness, he could just dump the evidence on a table and say, "and there you have it!".

But a charlatan selling a fairy tale has to resort to specious arguments, appeals to emotion, and tricks. Like the concept of this thread.

Forum List

Back