Give a man a fish.......

I think that old Republican proverb goes like this; Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. But drop him stranded and alone in the desert, never have to feed him again.

Well put

It is the GOP strategy to cut aid and then tell people to get a job if they don't like it

Of course, the fact that there are no jobs is not the GOPs problem
There are no "jobs"???

I'm going out in when I get back i will report how many places of business within one mile of where I live that will have "help wanted" signs.

Thats a good start

But there are 30 million people on government assistance. Show me the BLS data showing 30 million unfilled jobs

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This is one of the cornerstones of conservatism today. Self determination. No "free stuff". Who could have a problem with such a basic principle of society? Why don't Liberals get it?

But what happens when there are no fish where you live?
What happens if you can't afford a pole, tackle and a license?
What happens when you go to fish and are told......."Only members are allowed to fish here"

This is where government comes in. The idea that once you have taught people to fish, your job is done does not always work in a society. Sometimes we need government to break dowmn barriers to fishing

A) When there are no fish in our ancestors time they moved to where the fish were.
B) Then when you go to where the fish are you catch the fish with your hands again the way it was done before poles.
C) If you go where the fish are there will be no "only members" signs.

In other words you move to areas like North Dakota, Texas i.e. states where on every corner there are "help wanted" signs.
Get hired then buy a pole and go fishing.

In other words what did you do before there was a "government"? You took care of yourself.

Actually.......our ancestors died
By the millions

That is why modern societies are willing to step in and help those communities that need help

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This is one of the cornerstones of conservatism today. Self determination. No "free stuff". Who could have a problem with such a basic principle of society? Why don't Liberals get it?

What happens when you go to fish and are told......."Only members are allowed to fish here"

This is where government comes in. The idea that once you have taught people to fish, your job is done does not always work in a society. Sometimes we need government to break dowmn barriers to fishing

A) When there are no fish in our ancestors time they moved to where the fish were.
B) Then when you go to where the fish are you catch the fish with your hands again the way it was done before poles.
C) If you go where the fish are there will be no "only members" signs.

In other words you move to areas like North Dakota, Texas i.e. states where on every corner there are "help wanted" signs.
Get hired then buy a pole and go fishing.

In other words what did you do before there was a "government"? You took care of yourself.

If welfare families start showing up in Texas and North Dakota are they going to welcome them to their fishing hole?

Actually, it's government making it hard for everyone to fish by demanding they purchase their right to fish, then limiting the amount of fish one can catch. Government would rather hand out free food than create policies that make it easier for people to do for themselves.

Actually, it's government making it hard for everyone to fish by demanding they purchase their right to fish, then limiting the amount of fish one can catch. Government would rather hand out free food than create policies that make it easier for people to do for themselves.

Very true

They also have catch limts so that one person doesn't take all the fish

Actually.......our ancestors died
By the millions

That is why modern societies are willing to step in and help those communities that need help

So, why doesn't Mexico do anything for it's own people? Muslim countries don't do much for their people, at least not the Christians, gays and infidels among them. I guess killing people ends their hardships.

No one in this country wants to stop welfare. Just needs an overhaul so the able bodied people who failed to launch will be encouraged to get a GED, maybe learn some skills and at least try. No one wants to stop helping the elderly, disabled or temporarily downtrodden. That is a leftwing lie that is used to divide people.

The left seems to want able-bodied people on the doles because they make every excuse for them and actually blame other people for the fact that so many are unemployable because of their lack of education and other issues that take away their desire to work.

Very true

They also have catch limts so that one person doesn't take all the fish

Some people have to travel a long ways to fish and they have large families. Would be nice to be able to freeze some of the fish so it would last them a while. But, typical liberals believe that everyone in the world is selfish and they don't trust people. He who mistrusts the most should be trusted the least.

When all else fails......become a Democrat.

Then you go where fish are.

Find a bleeding heart that claims to have compassion for you and see if they truly believe what they say so they'll buy it for you.

Become a member.

There are plenty of ways to overcome. Sad part, too many rely on the government to do it. If someone wants to do something, they'll find a way. If they don't, they'll find an excuse or someone to blame then get the government to force someone else to do for them what they should get off their asses and do for themselves. it's easy to see with one you are. The latter.

Find a bleeding heart that claims to have compassion for you and see if they truly believe what they say so they'll buy it for you.

Become a member.

There are plenty of ways to overcome. Sad part, too many rely on the government to do it. If someone wants to do something, they'll find a way. If they don't, they'll find an excuse or someone to blame then get the government to force someone else to do for them what they should get off their asses and do for themselves. it's easy to see with one you are. The latter.

Thats a great idea!

But of course you are willing to help people relocate to new areas aren't you?

Become a member.

Thats a great idea!

You're the one that thinks he deserves help. YOU do it for him.

Republicans don't understand that ordering people to fish for their food is not the solution

Sometimes you have to restock the fishing hole first

Fish have to be available to stock the pond before it can be re-stocked. How much spare fish do you have sitting around?

You mean fish that are not being sent to China?

Become a member.

Thats a great idea!

So I guess your solution, like most from conservatives is bullshit to pander to your base

I want you to fish where there are no fish
Move to better fishing holes when you have no way to move and you will not be welcome at the new fishing hole when you get there

Become a member.

Thats a great idea!

So I guess your solution, like most from conservatives is bullshit to pander to your base

Move to better fishing holes when you have no way to move and you will not be welcome at the new fishing hole when you get there

I'm not stupid enough to fish where the fish aren't located. I'm also not one of those who thinks because I don't have something, someone else should hand it to me.

Seems I was correct about you. You don't want to find a way but you'll find plenty of excuses. Those who make excuses are rarely good for anything else. You've proven you're good for nothing.

Become a member.

Thats a great idea!

I'm not stupid enough to fish where the fish aren't located. I'm also not one of those who thinks because I don't have something, someone else should hand it to me.

Seems I was correct about you. You don't want to find a way but you'll find plenty of excuses. Those who make excuses are rarely good for anything else. You've proven you're good for nothing.

Conservative Darwinism

Become a member.

Thats a great idea!

Conservative Darwinism

Personal responsibility and a practiced belief that no one owes me a damn thing simply because I don't have it.

Thats a great idea!

Conservative Darwinism

Personal responsibility and a practiced belief that no one owes me a damn thing simply because I don't have it.

I know.....you are one of those who NEVER received any help from anyone

You are a credit to us all

Conservative Darwinism

I know.....you are one of those who NEVER received any help from anyone

You are a credit to us all

There isn't a single person that hasn't had some form of help in their lifetime. However, there is a difference between help someone gives voluntarily and being forced to help another person. I don't have a problem with one person helping another and doing so of their own volition. I do have a problem when someone asks for help, is told no, then gets the government to force it from those telling them no. The former isn't of the belief that it's owed. The latter is.

Forum List

Back