Give a man a fish.......

Teach a man to steal others fish (and tell them that Jesus wants them to) and you have a liberal politician.

"Teach a man to steal others fish (and tell them that Jesus wants them to) and you have a liberal politician."

Teach a man to fish and keep all the fish for himself except a fish or two and you have a GOP politician.

"Teach a man to steal others fish (and tell them that Jesus wants them to) and you have a liberal politician."

Teach a man to fish and keep all the fish for himself except a fish or two and you have a GOP politician.
Actually, a Republican will make you fish all day and then claim it is his fishing hole and take all your fish

Actually, a Republican will make you fish all day and then claim it is his fishing hole and take all your fish
Sounds like Dem taxation to me.

A democrat won't let you fish because there's an endangered gnat living near the lake then he will take someone else's fish to give to you

A democrat will let you fish all day,let you fill your boat
and when you get to shore he will find a way to charge you
with some EPA violation and will confiscate the fish the rod and reel and the boat
and throw a nice hefty fine at your ass.

with some EPA violation and will confiscate the fish the rod and reel and the boat

The problem at hand seems to be that the opportunities to fish are not the same for all people

Learn to fish is easy advice to give when you live next to a well stocked fishing hole with few other fisherment

Try it in a pond where the fish left years ago and nobody is welcoming you to fish in their pond

I think that old Republican proverb goes like this; Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. But drop him stranded and alone in the desert, never have to feed him again.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This is one of the cornerstones of conservatism today. Self determination. No "free stuff". Who could have a problem with such a basic principle of society? Why don't Liberals get it?

But what happens when there are no fish where you live?
What happens if you can't afford a pole, tackle and a license?
What happens when you go to fish and are told......."Only members are allowed to fish here"

This is where government comes in. The idea that once you have taught people to fish, your job is done does not always work in a society. Sometimes we need government to break dowmn barriers to fishing

Give the man a government fish....and you have a democrat voter for life......

The problem at hand seems to be that the opportunities to fish are not the same for all people

Learn to fish is easy advice to give when you live next to a well stocked fishing hole with few other fisherment

Try it in a pond where the fish left years ago and nobody is welcoming you to fish in their pond

Teach a man to pray for a fish and he will die waiting

I think that old Republican proverb goes like this; Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. But drop him stranded and alone in the desert, never have to feed him again.

Well put

It is the GOP strategy to cut aid and then tell people to get a job if they don't like it

Of course, the fact that there are no jobs is not the GOPs problem

Well put

It is the GOP strategy to cut aid and then tell people to get a job if they don't like it

Your Bucktooth Messiah claims there are plenty of jobs and the economy is just peachy. Which is it?

Well put

Your Bucktooth Messiah claims there are plenty of jobs and the economy is just peachy. Which is it?
Easy for your to say, "Get a job!" And "Where are the jobs?" at the same time.

Well put

Show me the exact quote you are talking about and we can discuss

If you can't find a fishing pond then you grow a garden. If you can't grow a garden you hunt for rabbit. What you DON'T do is sit on your ass smoking weed, twiddling your thumbs, waiting for someone else to "create an opportunity." YOU create the opportunity for yourself.

Republicans don't understand that ordering people to fish for their food is not the solution

Sometimes you have to restock the fishing hole first

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

This is one of the cornerstones of conservatism today. Self determination. No "free stuff". Who could have a problem with such a basic principle of society? Why don't Liberals get it?

But what happens when there are no fish where you live?
What happens if you can't afford a pole, tackle and a license?
What happens when you go to fish and are told......."Only members are allowed to fish here"

This is where government comes in. The idea that once you have taught people to fish, your job is done does not always work in a society. Sometimes we need government to break dowmn barriers to fishing

A) When there are no fish in our ancestors time they moved to where the fish were.
B) Then when you go to where the fish are you catch the fish with your hands again the way it was done before poles.
C) If you go where the fish are there will be no "only members" signs.

In other words you move to areas like North Dakota, Texas i.e. states where on every corner there are "help wanted" signs.
Get hired then buy a pole and go fishing.

In other words what did you do before there was a "government"? You took care of yourself.

Well put

There are no "jobs"???

I'm going out in when I get back i will report how many places of business within one mile of where I live that will have "help wanted" signs.

Forum List

Back