Give a man a fish

jesus did like to give fishes to hungry people.

hell me even made a while buch of them and gave them away instead of horading them to sell for profit

I fully remember that Jesus created or made the fishes out of his efforts... I don't remember him confiscating from those who did not wish to be confiscated from to support others and use the threat of imprisonment to ensure their cooperation... then I remember that he gave willingly

I also do not remember him condemning those who worked to sell fish at market to support their families and make a profit
oh, he most certainly confiscated the few fish that were available!

He and his disciples had 5 loaves and 2 fishes that they received from a boy... he did not go and take it from the neighboring fish market by force.. there is even talk in the story about them discussing BUYING the amount they would need to feed the masses and how much it would take...

Sorry Care... at least get it right

why does the right fight so hard to force the rest of us to NOT to help people?

Why does the right want to keep their freedom?

Freedom from living in a civilized first world nation that helps supports its citizens who are in need. That type of freedom?

In my world, you have the freedom to help whoever you want. In your world there is no freedom not to.
If you find a family in desperate need of help, by all means, help them as I have done. Just allow me the freedom of helping who I want to help.
I believe in random acts of kindness and not in forced servitude like you do.

why does the right fight so hard to force the rest of us to NOT to help people?

Help people all you want. Just help them with your own money.

Tired cliche is tired.

Why don't you pay for bombs to kill arabs with YOUR money?

See how this works now? Of course you don't. You receive SS and complain about government programs. :eusa_eh:

:eusa_clap:Well dude SS isn't a handout. Everyone that works pays into it. Its also something the gov't needs to keep their hands out of.

I want to know HOW MANY poor people republicans have taught to fish, during the 6 years they were in total control of congress and whitehouse under Bush?

You see IF repubs really believe in teaching the poor man how to fish, then I and many other liberal would applaud them and support them in that measure, but guess what? It's just hotair....

To be honest, they believe in having the poor man teach himself how to fish so they don't have to worry about feeding him

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps damnit!

Because people cannot learn for themselves??... :rolleyes:

You have to grab them by the scruff of the neck? Sit them down? Force them to learn?
Oh... and you have to force the people who can train to then force the people to learn??

Nah... sorry.. in this world you have to start with your own effort... and sorry to say that way too many do not do that....

Now... I have taken some under my wing who came to me to learn the things I do in my job... my brother came to me and a friend of mine also in the past couple years... it was up to them to do so, up to them to make the time when I had the time and the will... up to them to learn more on their own time after I had shown them things or given them materials... but neither came up DEMANDING it nor telling me it was owed to them and I am the one that owed it to them...

Freedom from living in a civilized first world nation that helps supports its citizens who are in need. That type of freedom?

You have the freedom to help all of those in need that you choose to

you do not have the freedom to FORCE anyone else to do it

Then give me back my money that helped build roads that you use.
Give me back all those times you went to a public park, a national forest and the military i pay to help protect you.

Do you benefit from roads, parks, forests and the military? (General Welfare) Do I benefit from your welfare check? (Specific Welfare)

I want to know HOW MANY poor people republicans have taught to fish, during the 6 years they were in total control of congress and whitehouse under Bush?

You see IF repubs really believe in teaching the poor man how to fish, then I and many other liberal would applaud them and support them in that measure, but guess what? It's just hotair....

To be honest, they believe in having the poor man teach himself how to fish so they don't have to worry about feeding him

You have to grab them by the scruff of the neck? Sit them down? Force them to learn?
Oh... and you have to force the people who can train to then force the people to learn??

Nah... sorry.. in this world you have to start with your own effort... and sorry to say that way too many do not do that....

Now... I have taken some under my wing who came to me to learn the things I do in my job... my brother came to me and a friend of mine also in the past couple years... it was up to them to do so, up to them to make the time when I had the time and the will... up to them to learn more on their own time after I had shown them things or given them materials... but neither came up DEMANDING it nor telling me it was owed to them and I am the one that owed it to them...
soooo, you don't believe in teaching a man to fish liike the op said?

soooo, you don't believe in teaching a man to fish liike the op said?

Funny.. I HAVE TAUGHT, and still do... but I don't believe in being forced to teach, at my expense, while also taking care of the expenses of those who you have to teach, who may not even really want to learn anyway

In my world, you have the freedom to help whoever you want. In your world there is no freedom not to.
If you find a family in desperate need of help, by all means, help them as I have done. Just allow me the freedom of helping who I want to help.

That is the problem with your world. Only those who are cute and cuddly get helped. The grandmother who gets picked on in the school bus, the cute kid with cancer

If you are the grouchy old man down the block or someone without an interesting tale of woe to tell....you are shit out of luck

We need to help the people who need help...not just the ones who win public relations popularity contests

I'm collecting social security. Is that the free ride you speak of?

Ask your fellow republicans. They consider you to be the root problem of our country.

Regardless. I paid into the system for 46 years and the money is due me. Am I a believer in the system? Hell no! Had my and my employers' contributions been put into a 401K type of fund from 1965 on, I would have a couple million to live off in stead of $1,700.month.

Right, why stand for your principles? Like I said, you hypocrites love to whine about other people making use of government programs but for you......that money is "due" to you. The amazing level of hypocrisy it takes to say something like this is breath taking. Be proud hypocrite. You're a true "patriot".

Help people all you want. Just help them with your own money.

Tired cliche is tired.

Why don't you pay for bombs to kill arabs with YOUR money?

See how this works now? Of course you don't. You receive SS and complain about government programs. :eusa_eh:

:eusa_clap:Well dude SS isn't a handout. Everyone that works pays into it. Its also something the gov't needs to keep their hands out of.

So not all government is bad now? This form of helping out your fellow citizen is ok but universal healthcare? No, that's for moochers. You people are simply amazing.

So you don't believe in any taxes at all?

Personal responsibility....lol. Remind us how you feel about people who can afford health insurance yet choose not to purchase it.

You people couldn't build a consistent argument if you tried.

Buying health insurance should be a personal decision like buying a lexus. You buy it or you either pay for your own treatment out of your pocket, or you do without. It's really as simple as that.

:clap2:

Like I was saying...

You reallt don't understand personal responsibility, do you? Did I ask you to kick in for my new house? Nope! I paid cash. Don't ask me to be responsible for your actions.

Buying health insurance should be a personal decision like buying a lexus. You buy it or you either pay for your own treatment out of your pocket, or you do without. It's really as simple as that.

Like I was saying...

You reallt don't understand personal responsibility, do you? Did I ask you to kick in for my new house? Nope! I paid cash. Don't ask me to be responsible for your actions.

Ernie loan me some scratch to buy a new car.:razz:

Like I was saying...

I'll take "Things Simple Minded People Say" for $100 Alex.

Personal responsibility....lol. Remind us how you feel about people who can afford health insurance yet choose not to purchase it.

You people couldn't build a consistent argument if you tried.

i believe the same thing should be true about auto insurance, but it's not, I have to pay it to drive and earn money.
my house, I hate paying insurance on a house that is not worth it, but, the banks force you to buy insurance so you can sleep before driving to work.

Pay off the house and cancel the insurance then, the banks are just protecting THEIR investment.

i believe the same thing should be true about auto insurance, but it's not, I have to pay it to drive and earn money.
my house, I hate paying insurance on a house that is not worth it, but, the banks force you to buy insurance so you can sleep before driving to work.

Pay off the house and cancel the insurance then, the banks are just protecting THEIR investment.

their investment, more like they are protecting their loan.

Forum List

Back