Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

shouts best ever

From Meet The Beatles to Rubber Soul to Revolver To A Hard Days Night to Rubber Soul To Magicgal Mystery Tour To Abbey Road to

Just the covers themselves distance ce themselves light years awaysfrom th closeset competition............. ,

I think Revolver and Rubber Soul clued me in they were different, and then Magic Mystery Tour cemented for me the fact that the Beatles weren't just your average RnR band.

By the time they did Sargent Pepper's they were reinventing the whole idea of what contempory POP music meant.

And then the White Album showed us that music of ALL types was grist for their (and consequently OUR) musical mill.

These lyrics for example?

She's not a girl who misses much
Do do do do do do do do, oh yeah
She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane
The man in the crowd with the multicoloured mirrors
On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes while his hands are busy
Working overtime
A soap impression of his wife which he ate
And donated to the National Trust

They pushed the poetic envelope of POP music way past anything I can ever recall that came before it.

Fab 4 was AWESOME

Wish I had been been a girl

But even they guys got it.............

Can we say slam -dunk BEST EVER

I really didn't appreciate them that much

I was crazy over the Beatles! But i still don't think they were better than Elvis (the KING!) Lol! LOVE his gospel music! I told my husband (since he's still a BIG Elvis fan) that i was going to play Elvis gospel at his Memorial service,,,,,he loves the idea! :)

I saw some of their fan mgs back in1964 when I was 11.

Was getting over the JFK assn .

Straight male.

They were the real thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too big to lower themselves to woodstock

Still an en tity - sold music right to Apple

Beatles were the most influential musical group in world history.

22/03/63LPParlophonePMC 1202Please Please Me (Mono) (Just another RnR band)

26/04/63LPParlophonePCS 3042Please Please Me (Stereo)(STill Just another RnR band)

22/11/63LPParlophonePCS 3045With the Beatles (starting to get interesting)

19/06/64LPPolydor236 201The Beatles First (Becoming teeniebopper heart throbs)

10/07/64LPParlophonePCS 3058A Hard Day's Night (STarting to get very interesting)

4/12/64LPParlophonePCS 3062Beatles For Sale (I don't remember this at all!)

6/08/65LPParlophonePCS 3071Help ! (The last of their RnR stuff)

3/12/65LPParlophonePCS 3075Rubber Soul (Okay, NOW they're beginning to change what pop music really was)

5/08/66LPParlophonePCS 7009Revolver (They've broken the mold and reinvented POP music with this album)

10/12/66LPParlophonePCS 7016A Collection of Beatles Oldies (I don't remember this...Beatles fanatics probably own it)

This list I'm working from FORGOT this next album?! I consider it the TURNING POINT of their musical career.

*Magical Mystery Tour is the title of two different 1967 record releasesMagical Mystery Tour is the title of two different 1967 record releases (START of their PSYCHODELIC period..smoke pot smoke pot everybody smoke pot!)

1/06/67LPParlophonePCS 7027Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Music to drop ACID by. I loved this album and can probably still sing most of it -- including drum and instrumental solos, by heart )

22/11/68LPApplePCS 7067/8The Beatles (a.k.a. The White Album) (Music to drop a LOT of ACID by. Probably the most eclectic and creative album they ever did)

17/01/69LPParlophonePCS 7070Yellow Submarine (Music suited for people who took waaaaaaaaaay too much ACID)

26/09/69LPApplePCS 7088Abbey Road (We were getting tired of ACID, Anybody got any pills? )

8/05/70LPApplePXS 1Let it Be (Box Set) (Okay, I did let it be...on the shelf of the store. I consider this their last real album and it was bearly worth listening to)

After that they issued a whole lot of restrospective stuff.

Forum List

Back