Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!

If that guy couldn't make his mortgage payment with a job, how in the hell can he make it with unemployment checks? That doesn't make any sense. The guy is just another lazy bum who wants other people's taxes to support him and his family. It doesn't matter how little money he gets for working, he shouldn't be sitting home idle while the rest of America works. Get a 2nd or 3rd job if you have to. Others have done it.

This is great, and should be the platform for the GOP in the fall and of course, heading into 2012. Can you get some bumper stickers printed up?

HINT: I am guessing you missed the part where he stated that as a worker, he has paid INTO the system for 35 years, and is only drawing out what he feels he is owed?

I'm guessing he's either lying about the house payment comment or is working under the table in violation of the law to supplement the unemployment.

Owed?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Newt Gingrich is a "slut". The worst kind of slut, a "whore".

Newt said he was having his affair the same time he went after Clinton. He said the difference is he didn't lie to the nation. He only lied to his wife, mistress, kids, family, staff and friends.

He feels his gay sister shouldn't be allowed to marry. Not even "once". The reason he keeps getting married again and again is twofold. One, he believes in the "sanctity" of marriage and two, those young broads are "hot, hot, hot".

And yet, Republicans are always willing to forgive a toad like him. For one, he's white. For another, he's a "Christian, willing to defend the "sanctity" of marriage". For another, none of his affairs, as far as we know, were "dudes".

I once saw a talk show where someone ask, "How do Republicans let their leaders get away with so much?" It's because they are dirty. No one expects Republicans to be honest. To fight for the middle class. To help this country. They only "SAY" they do. Even their leaders can't name a single success in the last 20 or 30 years. Unless it's "tax cuts for rich people" or "moving jobs out of the country in search of "cheap" labor".

Newt proposed to Marianne (she was 28, he 36) in 1980 while his first wife, Jackie, was in the hospital recovering from treatments for uterine cancer. He hadn't yet even asked her for a divorce.

Newt Gingrich's Skeletons: His Past Wives

Who cares about the GOP's "Big tent"?

We need to get out of this politics mentality and start looking at real solutions to problems.

I care. I quit the GOP after what the last administration and it's GOP led Congress did. I HOPED that having a Democrat take the White House would straighten them out. Gingrich is currently polling as the most likely GOP candidate for 2012 and what he says shows me he is clearly STILL out of touch with the middle class and that pisses me off.

The current Republican party has only contempt for the middle class. Which is odd, since so many belong to the middle class.

Like I said in another post, the current Republican party is really a "nation within a nation".
It's how they can say, "We want OUR country back". They see themselves as separate and apart from the American middle class.

They trust foreign companies headed by strangers over our government made up of our neighbors elected by us. Unbelievable.

Why is it that people who know nothing about something are always to absolutely sure about what they believe?

How can you know what millions of people think individually?

Last edited:
Hey you little slime ball. I'll put my life's earning against your pennies any day.

Your life's earnings against my three years of salaried pay? Sure, that's comparable. :doubt:

But this is not about you or me, it is about a middle class that is being dismantled. There are no good jobs being created.

Maybe, just maybe, because the business leaders have no need to "create" good jobs. Creating for the sake of creating doesn't benefit anyone.

Even traditional good paying jobs are going to the lowest bidder.

As they always have.

There is ONE job opening for every 5 unemployed Americans. If you are aware of 'business acumen', then you would be aware that is what's called a 'buyer's market'. Americans will be facing stiff competition lower wages and lower benefits.

Oh goodness! You mean we'll have to cut back and spend more responsibly?! Whatever will we do! If you have to take lower wages, you live a less lavish lifestyle. You're still in better shape than the majority of the world. Cry to someone who cares.

A robust middle class is what defined America. It is what made us unique. You pea brains have no idea how a robust middle class was created, and no idea how it is being dismantled.

A lesson is to be learned from the current economic conditions. This robust middle class you speak of? We did this to ourselves. We overextended our credit, we lived outside of our means, and we did so assuming that everything would continue to expand indefinitely. That was our own stupidity. Now we are paying the price. I realize that. Why can't you?

Come back when you have an education.

I have one, thanks. That's what allows me to get the good jobs that you're claiming don't exist.

Last edited:
Newt Gingrich is a "slut". The worst kind of slut, a "whore".

Newt said he was having his affair the same time he went after Clinton. He said the difference is he didn't lie to the nation. He only lied to his wife, mistress, kids, family, staff and friends.

He feels his gay sister shouldn't be allowed to marry. Not even "once". The reason he keeps getting married again and again is twofold. One, he believes in the "sanctity" of marriage and two, those young broads are "hot, hot, hot".

And yet, Republicans are always willing to forgive a toad like him. For one, he's white. For another, he's a "Christian, willing to defend the "sanctity" of marriage". For another, none of his affairs, as far as we know, were "dudes".

I once saw a talk show where someone ask, "How do Republicans let their leaders get away with so much?" It's because they are dirty. No one expects Republicans to be honest. To fight for the middle class. To help this country. They only "SAY" they do. Even their leaders can't name a single success in the last 20 or 30 years. Unless it's "tax cuts for rich people" or "moving jobs out of the country in search of "cheap" labor".

Newt proposed to Marianne (she was 28, he 36) in 1980 while his first wife, Jackie, was in the hospital recovering from treatments for uterine cancer. He hadn't yet even asked her for a divorce.

Newt Gingrich's Skeletons: His Past Wives

While I detest Newt as much as the next guy, what's your point? How does any of this relate to the current topic of discussion? You may as well throw out your 6% statement, it's at least almost relevant.

You're worthless.

Hey you little slime ball. I'll put my life's earning against your pennies any day.

Your life's earnings against my three years of salaried pay? Sure, that's comparable. :doubt:

But this is not about you or me, it is about a middle class that is being dismantled. There are no good jobs being created.

Maybe, just maybe, because the business leaders have no need to "create" good jobs. Creating for the sake of creating doesn't benefit anyone.

As they always have.

Oh goodness! You mean we'll have to cut back and spend more responsibly?! Whatever will we do! If you have to take lower wages, you live a less lavish lifestyle. You're still in better shape than the majority of the world. Cry to someone who cares.

A robust middle class is what defined America. It is what made us unique. You pea brains have no idea how a robust middle class was created, and no idea how it is being dismantled.

A lesson is to be learned from the current economic conditions. This robust middle class you speak of? We did this to ourselves. We overextended our credit, we lived outside of our means, and we did so assuming that everyone would continue to expand indefinitely. That was our own stupidity. Now we are paying the price. I realize that. Why can't you?

Come back when you have an education.

I have one, thanks. That's what allows me to get the good jobs that you're claiming don't exist.

Ah.....so the history of the last 30+ years is that a whole generation of Americans became irresponsible and human nature took a sudden turn.

Is there any lengths you 'Monica Lewinsky's for the rich' won't go to defend swallowing their cum? The ONLY 'trickle down' we've seen is on your chin, the 'we are not worthy' pea brain chest beaters...

dude, its not that the unemployed are lazy (although some of them love the taxpayer money), its that a lot of them are unemployable, meaning, they aren't qualified to do ANYTHING that would benefit society.

Hey right wing scum bag...there is currently ONE job available for every 5 people unemployed.

Translation for pea brains like you...there are NO jobs that would benefit society. Your beloved 'captains of industry', wealthy CEO's and corporate cartels you lick the asshole of have NO desire to employ Americans, when they can hire 3rd world slave labor.

The population is worried that there will be ever diminishing opportunity thanks to the absolutely wrong minded attempts of this administration to correct a situation that was never as bad as they said at the start.

They corrected that reality by their bad policies, messages of doom and theft.

Companies hire people to do work. The government hires people to fill chairs. When the government exhorts companies to hire people even when there is no work to do, they are only exposing their utter lack of understanding of how things actually work.

This administration thinks that if they say to hire people, profit driven organiations will do so because government, which can lose money and still exist, can do this.

Idiocy.

This administration doesn't know how business works. Doesn't know why it's not working well right now. Doesn't know how to make it better. Doesn't know what the effect of any policy will be.

This is a pretty bleak situation. The American people are understanding what's going on even if the Administration and the loving media do not.

Does anyone wonder why the media was reporting that the economy was bad in 2006 when we had 4.5% unemployment and they seem to think it's not so bad right now?

Clearly something (many things) have to be done.

Don't count on it though.

The PLAN to bankrupt this nation is too mature now to stop it.

Yeah, that's right I believe this is being done on purpose.

Both party's leadership cannot be as dumb as they seem.

You cannot on spend money like fools, cut taxes, fight expensive wars, send off industry to the third world and STILL think that's a formula for a solvent national economy.

And the above describes what combined BOTH PARTIES have been doing for the last 40 years, folks.

A-fucking-men!

The day that America figures out that NEITHER political party has their best interest at heart, the day we can begin fixing the problems that we allowed to be created. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch partisan idiots bicker over who cares about whom. The reality is neither party cares about any of you. Get over it already.

I don't understand how anyone living in this country could compare the Republican and the Democratic parties. They are as different and "night and day".

In a previous link, I outlined the difference. No would could say where I was wrong, they only called me names.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...-poverty-of-political-debate.html#post2614482

But let's look a little farther into the differences.

There are those on the right who now think that Bush wasn't really "conservative" because of his many failures. The truth is, Bush "exemplified" what "conservatism" is all about. Bush was the first president raised into the "pure" Republican Conservative ideology.

If you cut taxes for the rich, the money will "trickle down" in the form of jobs and security.

Strong corporations mean a "strong" America (to achieve this you need to deregulate and cut corporate tax and lower wages).

Invade other countries before they become a "threat" (and of course, it's a great way to "spread democracy" and get oil).

If it's for "God", the ends justifies the means.

Pure and unvarnished "conservatism".

Bush was the first president their "conservative principles" were put fully into practice. And for conservatives, rather than see the terrible failure of that awful ideology, they look for "scapegoats". Democrats don't support America. The unemployed are lazy. Gays getting married. Hispanics are taking our jobs. WE WANT "OUR" COUNTRY BACK!

This is why you can't compare Democrats to the ideology driven Republicans. Because Democrats are made up of "everyone else". They can't run on "ideology". They have to run on "negotiation" and "consensus". It's all they have.

So go ahead, call me names. That's just the hard "truth".

dude, its not that the unemployed are lazy (although some of them love the taxpayer money), its that a lot of them are unemployable, meaning, they aren't qualified to do ANYTHING that would benefit society.

Hey right wing scum bag...there is currently ONE job available for every 5 people unemployed.

Translation for pea brains like you...there are NO jobs that would benefit society. Your beloved 'captains of industry', wealthy CEO's and corporate cartels you lick the asshole of have NO desire to employ Americans, when they can hire 3rd world slave labor.

The population is worried that there will be ever diminishing opportunity thanks to the absolutely wrong minded attempts of this administration to correct a situation that was never as bad as they said at the start.

Companies hire people to do work. The government hires people to fill chairs. When the government exhorts companies to hire people even when there is no work to do, they are only exposing their utter lack of understanding of how things actually work.

This administration thinks that if they say to hire people, profit driven organiations will do so because government, which can lose money and still exist, can do this.

Idiocy.

This administration doesn't know how business works. Doesn't know why it's not working well right now. Doesn't know how to make it better. Doesn't know what the effect of any policy will be.

This is a pretty bleak situation. The American people are understanding what's going on even if the Administration and the loving media do not.

Does anyone wonder why the media was reporting that the economy was bad in 2006 when we had 4.5% unemployment and they seem to think it's not so bad right now?

You stupid right wing fucks don't understand how humans work. The Bush tax cuts created ZERO private sector jobs in the decade they've been in place. ALL they created was wealth for the top 1% and a huge hole in revenues for We, the working class to PAY.

The 'situation that was never as bad as they said at the start' was WORSE than they said or predicted. The stimulus was too small and now states and local governments are being forced to cut off vital services.

Without a jobs initiative the size and scope of the New Deal we will soon see just how bad it REALLY is.

Recovery Summer = Endless Bummer

Just sayin'.

Idiocy.

You stupid right wing fucks don't understand how humans work. The Bush tax cuts created ZERO private sector jobs in the decade they've been in place. ALL they created was wealth for the top 1% and a huge hole in revenues for We, the working class to PAY.

The 'situation that was never as bad as they said at the start' was WORSE than they said or predicted. The stimulus was too small and now states and local governments are being forced to cut off vital services.

Without a jobs initiative the size and scope of the New Deal we will soon see just how bad it REALLY is.

And they won't see it. They are driven by ideology. They are a monolithic party made up of a single group of people with the same beliefs and outlook who merely reinforce a failed and hopefully, dying ideology.

There were a LOT of warnings during the bush administration concerning the fact that manufacturing jobs were being lost in great numbers, and NO manufacturing jobs were being created. Remember how his team suggested that "McDonald's" type jobs should be included under manufacturing because one was "building" a hamburger?

The administration was trying its best to ignore the truth of the matter--corporations were being allowed to move their operations overseas to get the cheapest labor and largest profits--and getting tax breaks! Everytime it was suggested that those who used foreign labor should receive a large import tax it was ignored.

Interesting enough, the companies that opted to go overseas were not in danger of collapse or bankrupcy, they just saw an opportunity for huge profits at the expense of the country as a whole.

Because Democrats are made up of "everyone else".

You couldn't be more wrong. I am far, FAR from the Republican ideologies that you speak of, and just as far from the Democrats ideologies that you say don't exist. There's right wing, there's left wing, and THEN there's "everyone else" (i.e., the independent voters who don't cling to partisan bullshit). And I dare say those independent voters make up the majority of Americans, but for some reason they can't all seem to collectively elect like-minded individuals. They swing back and forth between the two parties instead of creating a substantial third party that resonates with them. It's time that was changed, but because people like you insist that there's "us" and "them" and no third option, it won't happen anytime soon.

You couldn't be more wrong. I am far, FAR from the Republican ideologies that you speak of, and just as far from the Democrats ideologies that you say don't exist. There's right wing, there's left wing, and THEN there's "everyone else" (i.e., the independent voters who don't cling to partisan bullshit). And I dare say those independent voters make up the majority of Americans, but for some reason they can't all seem to collectively elect like-minded individuals. They swing back and forth between the two parties instead of creating a substantial third party that resonates with them. It's time that was changed, but because people like you insist that there's "us" and "them" and no third option, it won't happen anytime soon.

The "Democratic" ideology you speak of had been nearly entirely defined by the Right and simply doesn't exist.

I can go through a "list" of Conservative Republican ideologic "talking points". It's not like they try to hide it.

But going through a "list" of Democratic talking points is much more difficult because the Democratic party is so diverse, many of the positions on "issues" that Republicans point to come from only a "sliver" of the party and those positions don't represent the party. They are just "picked out" by Republicans and pushed as if they were "real".

Republicans try to paint the Democratic party with a "broad brush" to make it seem as if the entire party follows the extreme views of a few party members - unlike the Republicans, which certainly is a very extreme party.

Republicans have been much more successful because what holds them together is race, religion and a similar level of education. What holds the Democrats together is a willingness to work together and a fear of Republicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the philisophical BS posts after post #35 ( by me of course). When you live in a world 24/7 that is a makey-uppey world of ideology and idealism, you're not seeing the real world............so of course you're going to fail to understand that all societies MUST have winners and losers. If you dick around and get your ass fired, fcukk you and any entitlements your getting from hardworking people. People in this country as getting good and sick and tired of supporting all the assholes of society. I fire dozens every year at my job and try not to laugh my ass off during the termination process. THATS the real world s0ns.....................thats the real world. The liberal jerkoffs on here have no clue on much of anything because they exist in the makey-uppey world. You cant have 10,000 to 15,000 posts a year and be in the real world because then it is crystal clear you have zero responsiblity in your life.

And thats the way it is s0ns.................and your asses are pwned again when reasonable people take a gandor at your post totals!!!!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::funnyface: = zero credibility s0ns. LIke as in EGG.

Last edited:

Blather...the title of the thread is: 'Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!' And then you proceeded to say the same thing. You are not an 'independent', you spew the same vile right wing disdain for working families as the authoritarian scum bag Newt and today's far right GOP; a party that is no longer a viable option unless you are among the 1% elite that have found a party that will write legislation that makes unethical 'lawful'...

I said you need to educate yourself, but you wet behind the ears 'independents' are know it all's, when in truth, you couldn't tell chocolate from dogshit without tasting it.

The political landscape over the last 30+ years has shifted so far to the right, that today's Democratic party embodies ALL of the political spectrum that existed in the 50's and the 60's in BOTH parties. Today's GOP is an outlier. It has become the party of right wing authoritarians, war mongers and corporatists.

92.jpg
92.gif

Republican Party Platform of 1956
August 20, 1956

Declaration of Faith

The Republican Party was formed 100 years ago to preserve the Nation's devotion to these ideals.

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

Our great President Dwight D. Eisenhower has counseled us further: "In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative."

Labor

Under the Republican Administration, as our country has prospered, so have its people. This is as it should be, for as President Eisenhower said: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

The Eisenhower Administration has brought to our people the highest employment, the highest wages and the highest standard of living ever enjoyed by any nation. Today there are nearly 67 million men and women at work in the United States, 4 million more than in 1952. Wages have increased substantially over the past 3 1/2 years; but, more important, the American wage earner today can buy more than ever before for himself and his family because his pay check has not been eaten away by rising taxes and soaring prices.

The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million. The protection of unemployment insurance has been brought to 4 million additional workers. There have been increased workmen's compensation benefits for longshoremen and harbor workers, increased retirement benefits for railroad employees, and wage increases and improved welfare and pension plans for federal employees.

In addition, the Eisenhower Administration has enforced more vigorously and effectively than ever before, the laws which protect the working standards of our people.

Workers have benefited by the progress which has been made in carrying out the programs and principles set forth in the 1952 Republican platform. All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions.

Furthermore, the process of free collective bargaining has been strengthened by the insistence of this Administration that labor and management settle their differences at the bargaining table without the intervention of the Government. This policy has brought to our country an unprecedented period of labor-management peace and understanding.

We applaud the effective, unhindered, collective bargaining which brought an early end to the 1956 steel strike, in contrast to the six months' upheaval, Presidential seizure of the steel industry and ultimate Supreme Court intervention under the last Democrat Administration.

The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:

Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;

Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public. The protection of the right of workers to organize into unions and to bargain collectively is the firm and permanent policy of the Eisenhower Administration. In 1954, 1955 and again in 1956, President Eisenhower recommended constructive amendments to this Act. The Democrats in Congress have consistently blocked these needed changes by parliamentary maneuvers. The Republican Party pledges itself to overhaul and improve the Taft-Hartley Act along the lines of these recommendations.

Republican Party Platforms: Republican Party Platform of 1956

Stink Progress quoting Olberdouche....Tells us all we need to know.

BTW...Gingrich is still a pin-headed neocon dink, who will sink the party once and for all if they're stupid enough to nominate him in 2012.

Gingrinch/Palin in 2012 :beer:

Blather...the title of the thread is: 'Gingrich: Middle class unemployed are lazy!' And then you proceeded to say the same thing. You are not an 'independent', you spew the same vile right wing disdain for working families as the authoritarian scum bag Newt and today's far right GOP; a party that is no longer a viable option unless you are among the 1% elite that have found a party that will write legislation that makes unethical 'lawful'...

I said you need to educate yourself, but you wet behind the ears 'independents' are know it all's, when in truth, you couldn't tell chocolate from dogshit without tasting it.

The political landscape over the last 30+ years has shifted so far to the right, that today's Democratic party embodies ALL of the political spectrum that existed in the 50's and the 60's in BOTH parties. Today's GOP is an outlier. It has become the party of right wing authoritarians, war mongers and corporatists.

92.jpg
92.gif

Republican Party Platform of 1956
August 20, 1956

Declaration of Faith

The Republican Party was formed 100 years ago to preserve the Nation's devotion to these ideals.

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

Our great President Dwight D. Eisenhower has counseled us further: "In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative."

Labor

Under the Republican Administration, as our country has prospered, so have its people. This is as it should be, for as President Eisenhower said: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

The Eisenhower Administration has brought to our people the highest employment, the highest wages and the highest standard of living ever enjoyed by any nation. Today there are nearly 67 million men and women at work in the United States, 4 million more than in 1952. Wages have increased substantially over the past 3 1/2 years; but, more important, the American wage earner today can buy more than ever before for himself and his family because his pay check has not been eaten away by rising taxes and soaring prices.

The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million. The protection of unemployment insurance has been brought to 4 million additional workers. There have been increased workmen's compensation benefits for longshoremen and harbor workers, increased retirement benefits for railroad employees, and wage increases and improved welfare and pension plans for federal employees.

In addition, the Eisenhower Administration has enforced more vigorously and effectively than ever before, the laws which protect the working standards of our people.

Workers have benefited by the progress which has been made in carrying out the programs and principles set forth in the 1952 Republican platform. All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions.

Furthermore, the process of free collective bargaining has been strengthened by the insistence of this Administration that labor and management settle their differences at the bargaining table without the intervention of the Government. This policy has brought to our country an unprecedented period of labor-management peace and understanding.

We applaud the effective, unhindered, collective bargaining which brought an early end to the 1956 steel strike, in contrast to the six months' upheaval, Presidential seizure of the steel industry and ultimate Supreme Court intervention under the last Democrat Administration.

The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:

Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;

Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public. The protection of the right of workers to organize into unions and to bargain collectively is the firm and permanent policy of the Eisenhower Administration. In 1954, 1955 and again in 1956, President Eisenhower recommended constructive amendments to this Act. The Democrats in Congress have consistently blocked these needed changes by parliamentary maneuvers. The Republican Party pledges itself to overhaul and improve the Taft-Hartley Act along the lines of these recommendations.

Republican Party Platforms: Republican Party Platform of 1956

Brilliant post.

The political parties in those days were much more balanced. It's too bad that conservatives left the Democratic party in droves in the 60's while protesting the Voting Rights act to swell the ranks of the Republican party in a protest to racial equality.

Eisenhower's grand daughter left the Republican party during the last election. She said her grand father wouldn't recognize what has become of the party he loved.

Pulitzer prize winner Kathleen Parker, lifelong conservative calls the current Republican party the "party of ooga booga".

Time and time again, conservatives have claimed that extending unemployment benefits for the unemployed is breeding laziness and lack of productivity. Newt Gingrich was the latest to adopt this meme. Writing in an e-mail to supporters, Gingrich cited a Wall Street Journal story where unemployed 52-year-old mechanic Michael Hatchell explained that he couldn’t afford to take jobs that wouldn’t pay enough to take care of his family. Gingrich claimed “welfare” was keeping Hatchell from working.

Last night, Hatchell and his wife Sarah appeared on MSNBC’s Countdown With Keith Olbermann to explain his family’s circumstances in his own words. The mechanic said “it’s really hard for someone like Mr. Gingrich” to understand the challenges his family faces. He explained that the jobs he was offered would not have paid enough to cover his home’s mortgage or support of his family, so he chose to stay on unemployment insurance. He also took offense at Gingrich’s use of the word “welfare” to slur his taking of unemployment insurance, pointing out that he worked for 35 years, paying into unemployment insurance, and that he was simply taking money out of a fund that he worked hard to pay into:

What part of this program does Gingrich NOT understand? Is this how he hopes to get more people into the GOP's "big tent"?

Think Progress Unemployed Man Reacts To Gingrich’s Accusation That ‘Welfare’ Is Making Him Lazy: I Paid Into It For 35 Years

I like it better when he gives his opinion on the values of marriage and family life. :cool:

Forum List

Back