Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

I went to school in the morning and worked a part-time job in the afternoons starting my junior year. Been working ever since some 40 some years.

not only helped myself, but helped my mother out.

Now I wonder how the hell I SURVIVED...lol

You were 15 or 16 during your junior year. We already allow 14 year olds to work under certain restricted conditions. I assure you, your personal example impresses no one.

What you people who are defending Newt and his words seem to keep conveniently leaving out is what he said:

working-class students should be limited to jobs like cleaning bathrooms

He thinks kids from the "working class" should only clean bathrooms and such.

He's an elitist and a snob, and I can't believe some of you are defending what he said.

When my son got his car from his father (damn fool,lol), I refused to pay for repairs on the second hand money pit or pay his insurance, although I could have. He went to work in a pizza place as soon as he could and never stopped. Worked through college loading trucks and today makes a 6 salary figure. There's something to be said about work ethic, don't you agree?

Forgot, he even had a lawn mowing job at 12. He loved it.

Let's face it, Children can learn responsibility along with earning money for things they would love to have but Mom and Dad can't pay for it.

Wouldn't it be nice to see inner city kids golf, play hockey or a sport that would be costly? Let them have the things others can.

See above. Your examples of 16 year olds in the workforce is hardly a precedence.

:lol:

What you people who are defending Newt and his words seem to keep conveniently leaving out is what he said:

He's an elitist and a snob, and I can't believe some of you are defending what he said.

When my son got his car from his father (damn fool,lol), I refused to pay for repairs on the second hand money pit or pay his insurance, although I could have. He went to work in a pizza place as soon as he could and never stopped. Worked through college loading trucks and today makes a 6 salary figure. There's something to be said about work ethic, don't you agree?

A 6 salary figure?

Sounds like bullshit to me.

LOL! No it isn't. That's one thing I cannot do ..is BS. He just worked hard.

Opportunity%20Coal%20miners.jpg

I think you are completely missing the point of Gingrich's comments and why normal people have taken issue with them. We are not discussing a kid raking leaves or shovelling snow off of driveways for spending money.

Newt wants to employ kids for wages so they can help support their families......whose wages have stagnated for twenty years.......and AT THE SAME TIME take a swipe at public unions who negotiate living wages for fucking janitors. Wake the fuck up.

Newt said all that??

"Normal people" wouldn't have a problem with kids working - even if it was to help support their families..

I love how you fucks sit there and bash Ayn Rand then turn around and then attempt to claim republicans FORCE people into doing shit they don't want to do, in this case forcing children to work..

If a kid wants to work - let him/her work and whatever that individual does with his/her hard earned money is up to that individual....

Honestly I think you just have a problem with work...

Man...you are clueless. What gives you the slightest impression that I have a problem with work?

You clearly do given the position you have taken on this issue.

Apparently you expect 15-year-olds to be taking on investment banking despite being 15 and having no experience while making a 6 figure salary instead of cleaning a toilet..

Who the fuck will clean the toilets dummy when all the 15-year-olds are running our lives?? the idiots that went to college or progressively learned a skill??

Sounds like Lord of the Flies to me...

Or maybe the 15-year-old should just sit on his ass and do nothing while mommy and daddy give him free money to buy the newest video game???

A 6 salary figure?

LOL! No it isn't. That's one thing I cannot do ..is BS. He just worked hard.

Dude. It is called a 6 figure salary. For you to not know that is odd.

I went to school in the morning and worked a part-time job in the afternoons starting my junior year. Been working ever since some 40 some years.

You were 15 or 16 during your junior year. We already allow 14 year olds to work under certain restricted conditions. I assure you, your personal example impresses no one.

don't care if it impresses you. just pointing out THAT work does help build a child's character and can be a life lessen into being a productive ADULT....
we see you sure didn't learn manners, just rudeness. but your hyperventilating on this thread is impressive.

A 6 salary figure?

6 figures is not odd at all..

If you're dumb that's 100,000 +

If you get a government job here in Illinois at 20 you would be making 6 figures by the time you're 40...

Newt said all that??

"Normal people" wouldn't have a problem with kids working - even if it was to help support their families..

I love how you fucks sit there and bash Ayn Rand then turn around and then attempt to claim republicans FORCE people into doing shit they don't want to do, in this case forcing children to work..

If a kid wants to work - let him/her work and whatever that individual does with his/her hard earned money is up to that individual....

Honestly I think you just have a problem with work...

Man...you are clueless. What gives you the slightest impression that I have a problem with work?

Apparently you expect 15-year-olds to be taking on investment banking despite being 15 and having no experience while making a 6 figure salary instead of cleaning a toilet..

Who the fuck will clean the toilets dummy when all the 15-year-olds are running our lives?? the idiots that went to college or progressively learned a skill??

Or maybe the 15-year-old should just sit on his ass and do nothing while mommy and daddy give him free money to buy the newest video game???

It is rude to begin drinking and not invite the group to join. This post is drunk.

EZ you know I love you, but no where does he make that claim, and there is nothing wrong with good hard work for anyone, rich or poor...

My mother picked cotton for $0.25 in the late '30's because her family needed the money, she was 9 years old, and she graduated from college at 19, first one in her family to do so...

don't care if it impresses you. just pointing out THAT work does help build a child's character and can be a life lessen into being a productive ADULT....
we see you sure didn't learn manners, just rudeness. but your hyperventilating on this thread is impressive.

You often mischaracterize the responses of others as "hysteria" or "crazed". Does this make you feel better about your own over-reactions?

Work does help build character. Nobody disagrees with that.

This stupid Gingrich says he WANTS TO FORCE KIDS to work crap was POSTED last week..and we had the same hysterics then as we do now.

way too funny. a real hoot.

I missed the" FORCED" kids to work. Sorry. Would you link that for me? I don't think the young kids should be FORCED to work.

It is rude to begin drinking and not invite the group to join. This post is drunk.

How can you sit there and be offended by Newts words???

What can a 15-year-old do that doesn't involve flipping burgers, selling shit at retail stores or cleaning toilets???

You may as well say kids should be making the big bucks running our world...

If you're offended by Newts comments then you obviously believe in the aforementioned.

This stupid Gingrich says he WANTS TO FORCE KIDS to work crap was POSTED last week..and we had the same hysterics then as we do now.

way too funny. a real hoot.

I missed the" FORCED" kids to work. Sorry. Would you link that for me? I don't think the young kids should be FORCED to work.

He didn't say that either..it was their made up verson of what he said just like this one is.
I'll look for it dear.

Forum List

Back