Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

The problem here is that these nutters want to employ working class children so they can earn money to help their hard-working parents feed and clothe them.

There is no mention of wealthy children working in a similar manner.

I worked in Japan for several years......a couple of them in a Japanese High School. The students there spend a few minutes each day cleaning the classrooms and common areas.....including restrooms. They are not paid....and ALL students are involved, regardless of their economic status.

In every Japanese neighborhood......rich and poor alike meet up twice per year to tend to overgrown lots and clean up river banks, etc. Nobody is paid......but if you don't participate, you are expected to pay up in lieu of your labor.

That is how one is taught personal responsibility...........not by trading labor for food. Assholes.

This is not Japan...

Did you not say: "I don't let fear run my life?" apparently you do considering you believe a kid cleaning a bathroom will slippery slope its way into the slavery of children..

Do you really fucking believe ANYONE would allow slavery - let alone of children - in present day America??

You're off your fucking rocker...

I think you just have a problem with expectations of production...

This is why progressives are called lazy and stupid..

This stupid Gingrich says he WANTS TO FORCE KIDS to work crap was POSTED last week..and we had the same hysterics then as we do now.

way too funny. a real hoot.

we're talking about child labor not your prom pictures, fatty.

you're just talking out your ass. No one is suggesting CHANGING the child labor laws.
get a grip

The problem here is that these nutters want to employ working class children so they can earn money to help their hard-working parents feed and clothe them.

I worked in Japan for several years......a couple of them in a Japanese High School. The students there spend a few minutes each day cleaning the classrooms and common areas.....including restrooms. They are not paid....and ALL students are involved, regardless of their economic status.

In every Japanese neighborhood......rich and poor alike meet up twice per year to tend to overgrown lots and clean up river banks, etc. Nobody is paid......but if you don't participate, you are expected to pay up in lieu of your labor.

That is how one is taught personal responsibility...........not by trading labor for food. Assholes.

This is not Japan...

Did you not say: "I don't let fear run my life?" apparently you do considering you believe a kid cleaning a bathroom will slippery slope its way into the slavery of children..

Do you really fucking believe ANYONE would allow slavery - let alone of children - in present day America??

You are putting words in my mouth. Try again.

Who said anything about full access to the work force?

You either cant understand what we are discussing or dont want to actually discuss it.

Wouldn't it be better to work toward making it so John doesn't have to work in a mill until he is an adult? Can we agreee on that?

No....

John works in a mill because he has no skills to do anything but that...

That's why people go to school and learn a trade or a skill that someone wants. Its Johns fault that John works in a mill.

Kids not letting fear rule their lives!

childlabor.jpg

Wouldn't it be better to work toward making it so John doesn't have to work in a mill until he is an adult? Can we agreee on that?

No....

That's why people go to school and learn a trade or a skill that someone wants. Its Johns fault that John works in a mill.

At 16......it is America's fault. Take responsibility.

This is not Japan...

No I'm not...

You have a problem with kids working so they can buy comic books, candy and baseball cards...

Imagine a kid working all of their life without having a childhood because some silly fucker decided that kids should work as early as possible in order to become someone successful.

"DANCE, Micheal! Stop being so fucking LAZY! You'll like where this ship is heading!"
13763_michael-jachson-childhood.jpg

Stop exagerrating. Kids get out of school at three, work 2 hours for $7.00 an hour, got to study hall for an hour and get home at 6:00. Homework is done and they can play. It's a choice, man, a choice. Now they don't have one.

$56 a week and start saving for school! Start a bank account! Not bad for 4 days a week. Even if the kids wanted to play sports, some can't for the cost of uniforms. Let them learn to save up for things their parents cannot afford.

Last edited:
Who said anything about full access to the work force?

You either cant understand what we are discussing or dont want to actually discuss it.

Again, you can avoid historic reality if you think it makes your argument sound enticing but it still fails. Newt is specifically talking about getting rid of labor laws which prohibit kids from working in semi-hazardous conditions like the janitorial field. If you want to pretend that such is not a first step towards what we've seen the last time your kind enjoyed unregulated labor standards then so be it. I'll go ahead and stick with the people whose kids won't have the chance of contracting a disease just because assholes have an opinion about lazy children.

:thup:

Imagine a kid working all of their life without having a childhood because some silly fucker decided that kids should work as early as possible in order to become someone successful.

"DANCE, Micheal! Stop being so fucking LAZY! You'll like where this ship is heading!"
13763_michael-jachson-childhood.jpg

Stop exagerrating. Kids get out of school at three, work 2 hours for $7.00 an hour, got to study hall for an hour and get home at 6:00. Homework is done and they can play. It's a choice, man, a choice. Now they don't have one.

$70 a week and start saving for school! Start a bank account!

what crazy fucking state do you live in where twelve year olds work for a minimum wage? Me thinks you are making shit up.

This is not Japan...

No I'm not...

You have a problem with kids working so they can buy comic books, candy and baseball cards...

I do? You did it again.

This is not Japan...

No I'm not...

or, you know, the same reasons that were the case the LAST time kids were thrust into the work force: daddy can't find a job to support the family, need food on the table, work just doesn't pay that well...

seriously. COMIC BOOKS and CANDY?

:rofl:

No....

At 16......it is America's fault. Take responsibility.

What the fuck are you talking about?

At 7 I was growing a vegetable garden going door to door selling zucchini and I enjoyed it. I didn't even have a price - anything was cool to me...

I suppose the fact that I was happy, doing work and embracing capitalism was wrong?

There is nothing wrong with all the kids cleaning, but I'll bet you the ranch you would be first in line trying to stop it here in the USA...

Nobody said anything about trading labor for food...

Your bleeding heart BS will not teach personal responsibility to anyone...

No I'm not...

or, you know, the same reasons that were the case the LAST time kids were thrust into the work force: daddy can't find a job to support the family, need food on the table, work just doesn't pay that well...

Seriously. Why can't we give kids the chance to experience what they can't now?

There is nothing wrong with all the kids cleaning, but I'll bet you the ranch you would be first in line trying to stop it here in the USA...

How big is your ranch, bitch?

No I'm not...

The last time that happened was the Depression...

Kids working to help their families is great too..

Besides if daddy cant find work and his darling 11-year-old can that means daddy is a fucking snob or a retard...

If his 11-year-old has to support the family then daddy better jump off a cliff...

How big is your ranch, bitch?

Too big for you to handle, and it will be you screaming bitch...

Forum List

Back