Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by random3434, Dec 1, 2011.

1. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

And this is the GOP's "Great White Hope"? :cuckoo:

Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should 'Clean The Bathroom' | ThinkProgress

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,698
    Echo, there's always a choice of tagging after gang members, too. Sweeping floors and cleaning sinks is not such a bad thing for 12-17 year olds. Did you ever get an allowance for chores at home? Bet these kids don't.

There would be a chance that these youngsters just may find a mentor in that janitor as well. I believe child labor laws keep kids out of factories for 16 hour days in lieu of going to school. Really a different thing altogether.

3. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Unbelievably naïve, ignorant, and idiotic. Gingrich is the ‘great intellectual’ of the right? Really?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    His saying "working-class students should be limited to jobs like cleaning bathrooms" doesn't sound like he has the best interest of these people at heart now, does it?

There is nothing wrong with ANY type of job, as long as they are working.....but working class students have a lot more to offer than 'just cleaning bathrooms'-wouldn't you agree?

5. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Yea! Every youthful kid should have the chance to be exposed to hepatitis!

:rolleyes:

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Maybe the left is starting to face who the right really is

7. Laddie

Laddie Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Your riding the slippery slope all the way down to pure uglyness. So what your saying is poor kids should clean the bathroom at school while rich kids get educated. But stop when these poor kids are human trafficited (sic) in factories working 16 hour days?

Who in the factory will risk losing their job by telling authorities about the abuse?

Sandusky at Penn State Case is clear. No one was willing to risk their job to save a child in crisis.!

Your opinon is disgusting. But you go ahead and vote for Newt and lets see how far your families generations will last before one of your grandchildren are the ones who don't get an education and cleaning up after the rich. Hey it is one paycheck away from being enslaved. Write your opinion down so your future grandchildren can say my great great thought of me.

What a waist of the human brain.

8. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    You're name is TOBY!

9. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    To whom exactly in the GOP is Gingrich trying to appeal? Most moderates, independents, and democrats won’t buy into this.

Is this ‘work’ voluntary or mandatory? If punitive what criteria will be used to determine due process? Why just ‘poor/working class’ children? Will the children of the wealthy and well-to-do also be compelled to clean bathrooms?

If mandatory and punitive, singling out only a particular class of persons – regardless their age – could be construed as illegal and un-Constitutional.

Again, is Gingrich really this ignorant of the law? Or as with most rightists is he simply in contempt of it.

10. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    What did he say so wrong?? That kids should actually have some responsibility? Ooooooo BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.. MY GOD, he actually submitted that kids should be responsible for cleaning up after themselves. I know, I know.. according to the Mad Shitters logic (OWS) and the baby mama with 15 kids, SOMEBODY GOTTA PAY FOR MY KIDS.