Gi joe

Remember this is a movie based on toys,
I expected a rotten story line and great special effects.
The movie storyline was far better then I anticipated , so it was not as mindless as it could have been .
A fair effort was made at character development,The scenery and sets were excellent .
The effects delivered But don't look to deeply into the physics of the action sequences.
I was a fun movie , pure eye candy, suitable for kids unless you object to violence with no noticeable foul language or sexual images .
The sequel will be better , but not much.

Mr. Fitnah is there a liberal message in it? I am so sick of libs trying to force their ideology through hollywood

The movie storyline was far better then I anticipated , so it was not as mindless as it could have been .
A fair effort was made at character development,The scenery and sets were excellent .
The effects delivered But don't look to deeply into the physics of the action sequences.
I was a fun movie , pure eye candy, suitable for kids unless you object to violence with no noticeable foul language or sexual images .

Mr. Fitnah is there a liberal message in it? I am so sick of libs trying to force their ideology through hollywood

Sorry ... but that's just stupid. If by "liberal" you mean the breeding of romantic comedies or Hannah Montana ... completely wrong genre.

I wonder if Gunny's seen it.. It WAS his toy of choice, you know.. You can probably find GI Joe buried in the back yard of his childhood home very close to the decapitated and melted Barbe's...:eusa_whistle:

Sorry ... but that's just stupid. If by "liberal" you mean the breeding of romantic comedies or Hannah Montana ... completely wrong genre.

no I'm talking about the clear and obvious liberal message of so many movies today attempting to socially condition everyone to it's liberal agenda, such as

blame and shame that we've ruined the planet (The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Day After Tomorrow are the more obvious)
requiring at least a token homosexual especially in kids movies, though this has toned down
even beastiality innuendo in kids movies
portraying Christians as evil and insane <---seriously on the rise
glorifying one night stands, (it's amazing how many chick flicks are about divas clinching their lifelong soulmates after jumping his bones the first time they met)
portrayals of dad as an idiot

Those themes are subltey in most recent releases. Screenwriters know that if they want their work accepted, adding those themes helps their chances immensely

I don't think you see these so much in action movies as you do comedies, chick flicks, family films and the big box-office investments. Action films at least focus by definition on men being men (or women trying to be men)

I wonder if Gunny's seen it.. It WAS his toy of choice, you know.. You can probably find GI Joe buried in the back yard of his childhood home very close to the decapitated and melted Barbe's...:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

GI Joe is in original box sealed in plastic in top of closet. Upon being asked the whereabouts of Barbie, he categorically denies any knowledge whatsoever of her whereabouts and/or any alleged crimes being perpetrated upon her person.:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_eh:

GI Joe is in original box sealed in plastic in top of closet. Upon being asked the whereabouts of Barbie, he categorically denies any knowledge whatsoever of her whereabouts and/or any alleged crimes being perpetrated upon her person.:eusa_whistle:

Ok, Mr. Clinton! :thup:

...I mean Mr. Joe...

no I'm talking about the clear and obvious liberal message of so many movies today attempting to socially condition everyone to it's liberal agenda, such as

blame and shame that we've ruined the planet (The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Day After Tomorrow are the more obvious)
requiring at least a token homosexual especially in kids movies, though this has toned down
glorifying one night stands, (it's amazing how many chick flicks are about divas clinching their lifelong soulmates after jumping his bones the first time they met)

Those themes are subltey in most recent releases. Screenwriters know that if they want their work accepted, adding those themes helps their chances immensely

I don't think you see these so much in action movies as you do comedies, chick flicks, family films and the big box-office investments. Action films at least focus by definition on men being men (or women trying to be men)

Wow ... you suck at movie history. First, The Day the Earth Stood Still is based on a novel from a long time ago and you really missed the point of that one. The Day After Tomorrow was one you actually got right. Now, your "bestiality for kids"? You must be talking about Disney, since they are the closest, or Pixar, but both are just huge misses, since Pixar's only moral is to have fun with life and Disney just cannibalizes old fairy tales. The "Christians being insane" ... I am guessing you don't like history much at all, since every movie that shows the dark side of that religious following has been factually true to some level, except the DeVinci Code ... that was a stretch. Disney (which is a right wing christian owned and operated company) is responsible for much of the glorifying sex to children, and romantic comedies are trash that are produced evenly across the board (Ashton, the biggest scum in Hollywood, is a right wing christian BTW).

Enough of that part, I could go on forever with that. But your last point shows you also have seen very few action movies, since a lot are often not about "men being men" but are about *gasp* action and adventure! Many of which have very strong women role models who ... kick some serious ass. Good action movies break stereotypes, because there are a lot of strong women in the world, I am talking about physically strong. The only reason co-ed sports don't work is because women tend to put men to shy in them. ;)

I recommend you watch more movies.

Wow ... you suck at movie history. First, The Day the Earth Stood Still is based on a novel from a long time ago and you really missed the point of that one. The Day After Tomorrow was one you actually got right. Now, your "bestiality for kids"? You must be talking about Disney, since they are the closest, or Pixar, but both are just huge misses, since Pixar's only moral is to have fun with life and Disney just cannibalizes old fairy tales. The "Christians being insane" ... I am guessing you don't like history much at all, since every movie that shows the dark side of that religious following has been factually true to some level, except the DeVinci Code ... that was a stretch. Disney (which is a right wing christian owned and operated company) is responsible for much of the glorifying sex to children, and romantic comedies are trash that are produced evenly across the board (Ashton, the biggest scum in Hollywood, is a right wing christian BTW).

Enough of that part, I could go on forever with that. But your last point shows you also have seen very few action movies, since a lot are often not about "men being men" but are about *gasp* action and adventure! Many of which have very strong women role models who ... kick some serious ass. Good action movies break stereotypes, because there are a lot of strong women in the world, I am talking about physically strong. The only reason co-ed sports don't work is because women tend to put men to shy in them. ;)

Methinks you went a bit far in your last paragraph. While there ARE exceptions which I don't believe anyone has claimed there aren't, women in general CAN'T keep up with men, and pound for pound, are nowhere near as strong.

That's not saying women do not have their strengths in areas that would make most men squeal. But it isn't in athletic endeavor. Part of the reason for that is women trying to play man's games, designed by men for men. Automatic disadvantage.

Ever notice how men's and women's gymnastics are not the same? Because each is designed to play to the strengths of the respective genders. It is one athletic endeavor where the playing field is actually level. At the same time, the exercises themselves are hardly comparable.

Men and women are different. Women seem to have a much harder time with this than men. We are supposed to compliment one another, not try to be better at being the other than they are.

Disney (which is a right wing christian owned and operated company)

WHAT?!

You're joking with this, right?

Not really, look at who owns and operates it.

I could have pointed to just as many liberal nutjobs, but my point was that it's equal from both, Hollywood itself is not a moralistic place, they are into making money, producing what is popular, no matter what their alignment is.

Disney (which is a right wing christian owned and operated company)

WHAT?!

I could have pointed to just as many liberal nutjobs, but my point was that it's equal from both, Hollywood itself is not a moralistic place, they are into making money, producing what is popular, no matter what their alignment is.

oh sure, that's why they all jumped to produce "The Passion of the Christ", one of the biggest money making films of all time

Methinks you went a bit far in your last paragraph. While there ARE exceptions which I don't believe anyone has claimed there aren't, women in general CAN'T keep up with men, and pound for pound, are nowhere near as strong.

That's not saying women do not have their strengths in areas that would make most men squeal. But it isn't in athletic endeavor. Part of the reason for that is women trying to play man's games, designed by men for men. Automatic disadvantage.

Ever notice how men's and women's gymnastics are not the same? Because each is designed to play to the strengths of the respective genders. It is one athletic endeavor where the playing field is actually level. At the same time, the exercises themselves are hardly comparable.

Men and women are different. Women seem to have a much harder time with this than men. We are supposed to compliment one another, not try to be better at being the other than they are.

All I know is, if' I've got a man breaking in my house (and for some insane reason I call the police rather than reach for my own guns), and a WOMAN shows up to rescue me...

We are not men. And I think it's INSANE that women try to be men.

WHAT?!

oh sure, that's why they all jumped to produce "The Passion of the Christ", one of the biggest money making films of all time

Um ... they weren't all available to do it, plus not all were offered (the writer has a lot of cay in who produces it) ... and it wasn't one of the biggest money makers, it was mid level compared to movies since then, factoring in the economic state. Also, the producers have almost no way of knowing it would do that well, most documentaries (no matter how fictionally based they are) tend to do poorly, no matter what the subject matter is, unless the producer is a big name, thus one reason why Mel was chosen for that out of those who did have an interest. The other reason Mel was chosen was because he had the same vision as the writer for the movie and Mel is crazy enough to direct non-sexual BDSM.

Um ... they weren't all available to do it, plus not all were offered (the writer has a lot of cay in who produces it) ... and it wasn't one of the biggest money makers, it was mid level compared to movies since then, factoring in the economic state. Also, the producers have almost no way of knowing it would do that well, most documentaries (no matter how fictionally based they are) tend to do poorly, no matter what the subject matter is, unless the producer is a big name, thus one reason why Mel was chosen for that out of those who did have an interest. The other reason Mel was chosen was because he had the same vision as the writer for the movie and Mel is crazy enough to direct non-sexual BDSM.

KK, Mel was desperate to find a distributor and all producers were blocking it, threatening anyone who helped him.

PLENTY of people had plenty of opportunity to get in on that, he almost didn't get it released at all. Why? Because they cared more about pushing their own agenda than making a buck. Most of the truly elite of Hollywood can afford to do that.

Forum List

Back