ingloroius basterds..

I liked it. It's classic Quentin Tarantino. Nothing fancy; what you see is what you get; and it's a lot of fun. Tarantino obviously didn't feel obligated to any film-making traditions; he just did it his way.

If you're looking for any deep spiritual, sociological, or other deep meanings, then this movie is not for you. If you're interested in an action flick that has more than its fair share of gratuitous violence and giving the bad guys what they deserve, then this is the movie to see. No deep thought required! No obsessing over "character development" or other "film appreciation" namby pamby. Get a big bucket of popcorn, sit back and enjoy!

"You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, Business is a-boomin'. " LT Aldo Raine

I wasn't all that impressed. I thought Brad Pitt would have given a better performance. Luckily, he's not really in the movie that much. I wouldn't even call him or the Basterds the main character(s). His character was just too over the top, which I know that is what Tarantino is known for. But he was way out of place in this movie, and he only seemed to serve as comedic relief.

The previews are misleading. There is not that much action in this movie. It is mostly dialog. Interesting dialog at points, especially when Christoph Waltz is on the screen. That guy deserves an Oscar nomination for this performance. All the most memorable parts of the movie were shown in the previews, so don't go in expecting to see much more than what you've already been quoting all along (such as the line Toome mentioned above).

I would say it's way better than Jackie Brown and only slightly better than Death Proof, but no where nearly as good as Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Kill Bill.

Overall, 5/10.

Forum List

Back