Getting Fired

Should I be fired?

• Yes, but only if the customer is white.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you should have murdered that piece of shit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to statistics delivering pizza is a dangerous job. In 2014 20 pizza delivery people were shot. My advice is to get some college courses and a safer minimum wage job. The Army is a good idea too.

why minimum wage?

Thatā€™s the average pay for most college graduates. Going to college because you are trying to find a way to avoid working doesnā€™t pay off. Too many lazy people are going to college because they think it is a meal ticket. Go do the crappy jobs tht nobody else wants. That is where the money is at. Fair warning: working sucks. All those people that ā€œlove their jobā€ make squat. The people that hate their job are probably rolling in the dough.

Dude. Buy, beg, steal or whatever you need to do....a sense of humor. You cannot work with the public without one. I laugh way, way more than the average adult. Seriously look up how often the average adult laughs, like once a day. I think I laughed out loud twice just reading this thread.

You have to find the humor in EVERYthing you do when working with "the public". People can be boneheaded sure, but they are also really funny. Laugh. :)

Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?

I wager..... the daughter kept the money, and said you didn't give it to her.
That's what I'm feeling from this.

Regardless, you handled it badly. You should go forward with a goal of being more professional, and more humble. If you don't start learning to act more mature when others are not, you'll end up fired from a really good job, instead of a pizza job.

As for should you be fired from this specific job.... I don't know. Up to your manager. Depends on what kind of expectations he has for his drivers.

That customer never pursued anything. I guess that kid tried to steal the money and decided to come clean. She was raised by a greedy psycho so she was probably acting like a greedy psycho. It does add up just like the change I gave him. It added up too. I guess the professional thing to do would have been to say, ā€œOh dear sir, Iā€™m sorry I miscalculated your change. How much money do you want from me? I have about $75. Do you want all or just half. I am so sorry dear sir that I erred to your disadvantage. May you ever forgive me kind gentleman? Here is all of the money I have.ā€ Lesson learned. Next time Iā€™ll give away all of my money to these kind of scum. They deserve it.

All I am doing is working so that he can have a more pleasant life. I donā€™t deserve shit. He deserves anything he wants.

Black people donā€™t act this way

I see , so just what kind of pizza are we talkin' that drives white guys crazy?

u1p58iw8xfvz.png

Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?

Regardless, you handled it badly. You should go forward with a goal of being more professional, and more humble. If you don't start learning to act more mature when others are not, you'll end up fired from a really good job, instead of a pizza job.

As for should you be fired from this specific job.... I don't know. Up to your manager. Depends on what kind of expectations he has for his drivers.

That customer never pursued anything. I guess that kid tried to steal the money and decided to come clean. She was raised by a greedy psycho so she was probably acting like a greedy psycho. It does add up just like the change I gave him. It added up too. I guess the professional thing to do would have been to say, ā€œOh dear sir, Iā€™m sorry I miscalculated your change. How much money do you want from me? I have about $75. Do you want all or just half. I am so sorry dear sir that I erred to your disadvantage. May you ever forgive me kind gentleman? Here is all of the money I have.ā€ Lesson learned. Next time Iā€™ll give away all of my money to these kind of scum. They deserve it.

All I am doing is working so that he can have a more pleasant life. I donā€™t deserve shit. He deserves anything he wants.

If you want to be successful in life, I would suggest you check your attitude. Just saying.

Should I be fired?

You swore at a customer

You are fired.

Should I be fired?

If you want to be successful in life, I would suggest you check your attitude. Just saying.

Thank you sir.

Should I be fired?

How would a person with a great A+ attitude handled this situation? Turned himself into the cops for stealing from the customer?

UPDATE: I finally did get fired last night December 30, 2018 for an unrelated incident.

Oh well.

According to statistics delivering pizza is a dangerous job. In 2014 20 pizza delivery people were shot. My advice is to get some college courses and a safer minimum wage job. The Army is a good idea too.

why minimum wage?

Thatā€™s the average pay for most college graduates. Going to college because you are trying to find a way to avoid working doesnā€™t pay off. Too many lazy people are going to college because they think it is a meal ticket. Go do the crappy jobs tht nobody else wants. That is where the money is at. Fair warning: working sucks. All those people that ā€œlove their jobā€ make squat. The people that hate their job are probably rolling in the dough.

Dude. Buy, beg, steal or whatever you need to do....a sense of humor. You cannot work with the public without one. I laugh way, way more than the average adult. Seriously look up how often the average adult laughs, like once a day. I think I laughed out loud twice just reading this thread.

You have to find the humor in EVERYthing you do when working with "the public". People can be boneheaded sure, but they are also really funny. Laugh. :)
now do you believe me?

Employers are morons if they think they can pay crap wages and expect anything but crap labor in return. It's laughable how these tards think their minimum wage employee are supposed to run their businesses for them. If they were paying a real minimum wage, one adjusted for real inflation, then yes they might have some respect due, but at today's minimum wage, and also making their employees provide the vehicles as well? lol screw them, they're lucky anybody shows up at all, much less actually does something.

Yes. You should be fired.

Apropos of nothing; losing a job I had was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Ditto - I was fired from a job once but it was the best thing that happened to me because it led me on the path towards my career.

Should I be fired?

I think the guy would have felt more humiliated had you calmly explained that you did give him the correct change. As it stands, his a-hole reaction was countered by your response resulted in a zero sum game.

I doubt you'll get fired. He's not going to complain because he initiated the situation with his false accusation.

i hate to tell you this but ....... experience should have told you that people like him do not tip ... you should have apologized and given him his change back .

I did. You missed the entire story. Do you mean give him more money?

i hate to tell you this but ....... experience should have told you that people like him do not tip ... you should have apologized and given him his change back .

Perhaps you should strive to do more in your life than deliver pizzas

my bad dude i saw the rest of the story !! the guy was an asshole attempting to take advantage of you .

Forum List

Back