Getting Fired

Should I be fired?

• Yes, but only if the customer is white.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you should have murdered that piece of shit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?

What does this have to do with race?

I don't know that you should be fired, but you don't have to be rude. It could of been a simple misunderstanding.... or it could be that the man's daughter was trying to pull a fast one.

Probably not, as long as you didn't scam the guy's change.

Put some effort into those customer service skills though.

What does this have to do with race?

I don't know that you should be fired, but you don't have to be rude. It could of been a simple misunderstanding.... or it could be that the man's daughter was trying to pull a fast one.

Maybe it doesnā€™t have to do with race but I honestly believe it does. Iā€™ll keep you posted on how things pan out.

A civilized human being would have called the store to complain about me stealing or called the cops. This dude starts screaming in his neighborhood at 9pm for all to hear. I bet he didnā€™t even use a calculator to make sure I didnā€™t steal from him. This fucker is an ignorant barbarian. He deserves to be shot. If murder was legal he probably would have been dead decades ago.

A civilized human being would have called the store to complain about me stealing or called the cops. This dude starts screaming in his neighborhood at 9pm for all to hear. I bet he didnā€™t even use a calculator to make sure I didnā€™t steal from him. This fucker is an ignorant barbarian. He deserves to be shot. If murder was legal he probably would have been dead decades ago.
OK, now you should be fired.

Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?
no. your supervisor should give you some customer service tutoring.

Fired? Maybe you should be in a different line of work. Anyone dealing with the public is going to have things like this happen occasionally, and you have to roll with the punches. Your response was not appropriate.

Should I be fired?
If the right change was given to him, then no.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If your attitude when responding to him was not appreciated, then perhaps his bad attitude should have never been put out there first. You should have said to him, "Urinating in my yard is NOT going to make your grass any greener, dude!"

I own a business that deals with the public, and do not expect my employees to demean themselves by having to kowtow to assholes. If somebody is a complete dick to them, an irritated response on their part is only natural.

Why fire a driver for responding to a complete jerk by getting a little snippy in return? This stupid notion that the customer is always right only reinforces bad behavior. Employees are not mere slaves who have to endure any amount of demeaning behavior on the part of a bunch of dickheads who think they can get away with abusive behavior just because the dickhead in question is a customer.

Everybody has the right to dignity in their lives and that includes those placed in the unenviable task of having to deal with the public.

Not every customer is honest. If you're a reliable employee, then I'd believe you.

This customer should be tagged as one who pays only by credit card over the phone.

Last edited:
I own a business that deals with the public, and do not expect my employees to demean themselves by having to kowtow to assholes. If somebody is a complete dick to them, an irritated response on their part is only natural.

Why fire a driver for responding to a complete jerk by getting a little snippy in return? This stupid notion that the customer is always right only reinforces bad behavior. Employees are not mere slaves who have to endure any amount of demeaning behavior on the part of a bunch of dickheads who think they can get away with abusive behavior just because the dickhead in question is a customer.

Everybody has the right to dignity in their lives and that includes those placed in the unenviable task of having to deal with the public.

I think my manager agrees but he will have to follow company protocol. I just donā€™t know what that is. Iā€™m too worried about though. Delivery drivers that are willing to work past 8pm are hard to come by. If I do get fired I will probably be delivering for someone else within 7 days or so. My current boss would giving me a glowing review. Iā€™d just have to explain that I messed up and wonā€™t deliver to angry whites racists anymore.

Not every customer is honest. If you're a reliable employee, then I'd believe you.

This customer should be tagged as one who pays by credit card over the phone.

All of my coworkers love me. We have a way to block addresses from getting deliveries. It rarely happens but they may do that in this case. I really hope I donā€™t get fired. Delivering pizza is absurd money. I should have just threw $13 worth of nickels on his driveway and told him to go fuck himself and enjoy a $13 vacation. Who knows? Maybe heā€™ll buy a calculator with it.

Should I be fired?
Yes. Never be rude to the customer.

Yes. You should be fired.

Apropos of nothing; losing a job I had was the best thing that ever happened to me.

happy with that welfare check, huh?

No it allowed me to go to a company where I was more successful. Perhaps you should try succeeding sometime. I take that backā€¦you have succeeded in telling us you have a very small penis.

This customer should be tagged as one who pays by credit card over the phone.

All of my coworkers love me. We have a way to block addresses from getting deliveries. It rarely happens but they may do that in this case. I really hope I donā€™t get fired. Delivering pizza is absurd money. I should have just threw $13 worth of nickels on his driveway and told him to go fuck himself and enjoy a $13 vacation. Who knows? Maybe heā€™ll buy a calculator with it.

Where do you work? I want to make sure I donā€™t order pizza from there.

Forum List

Back