Getting Fired

Should I be fired?

• Yes, but only if the customer is white.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you should have murdered that piece of shit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. You should be fired.

Apropos of nothing; losing a job I had was the best thing that ever happened to me.

happy with that welfare check, huh?

No it allowed me to go to a company where I was more successful. Perhaps you should try succeeding sometime. I take that backā€¦you have succeeded in telling us you have a very small penis.

your obsession with my penis is cute, but i'm not interested.

Not every customer is honest. If you're a reliable employee, then I'd believe you.

This customer should be tagged as one who pays by credit card over the phone.

All of my coworkers love me. We have a way to block addresses from getting deliveries. It rarely happens but they may do that in this case. I really hope I donā€™t get fired. Delivering pizza is absurd money. I should have just threw $13 worth of nickels on his driveway and told him to go fuck himself and enjoy a $13 vacation. Who knows? Maybe heā€™ll buy a calculator with it.

Where do you work? I want to make sure I donā€™t order pizza from there.

Why is that? I didnā€™t say anything about the quality of the pizza in my scenario. Is it part of your plan to accuse the delivery driver of stealing? Iā€™m not sure I understand why this would influence your decision on where to buy pizza.

Not every customer is honest. If you're a reliable employee, then I'd believe you.

All of my coworkers love me. We have a way to block addresses from getting deliveries. It rarely happens but they may do that in this case. I really hope I donā€™t get fired. Delivering pizza is absurd money. I should have just threw $13 worth of nickels on his driveway and told him to go fuck himself and enjoy a $13 vacation. Who knows? Maybe heā€™ll buy a calculator with it.

That is certainly a win for him

One fewer dickhead to deal with.

That is certainly a win for him

One fewer dickhead to deal with.

I deliver to about 18 house per night, 6 days a week for the last 7 months. One dickhead defines the quality of my work. Humans are amazing creatures. It would probably be another 7 months before I encounter another jerk like that.

Why is that? I didnā€™t say anything about the quality of the pizza in my scenario. Is it part of your plan to accuse the delivery driver of stealing? Iā€™m not sure I understand why this would influence your decision on where to buy pizza.

Plenty of good pizza around; no need to patronize a business that hires folks like yourself.

Plenty of good pizza around; no need to patronize a business that hires folks like yourself.

k

Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?
Yes. You acted like a jackass while representing the ownerā€™s business.

Fired, no; but you do need to learn to ensure the customer is satisfied before walking away from the transaction. Another tip: Donā€™t deal with the kids. Always take/give money to adults if at all possible.

Fired, no; but you do need to learn to ensure the customer is satisfied before walking away from the transaction. Another tip: Donā€™t deal with the kids. Always take/give money to adults if at all possible.

90+% of the time when a kid answers the door I am not getting a tip.

Update. I wasn't fired. The customer didn't pursue the matter. I guess I got lucky and need to watch myself.

According to statistics delivering pizza is a dangerous job. In 2014 20 pizza delivery people were shot. My advice is to get some college courses and a safer minimum wage job. The Army is a good idea too.

Did you snap because it was no TIP given after you gave him his change?

According to statistics delivering pizza is a dangerous job. In 2014 20 pizza delivery people were shot. My advice is to get some college courses and a safer minimum wage job. The Army is a good idea too.

why minimum wage?

Did you snap because it was no TIP given after you gave him his change?

That certainly factored in to it but no. I have been stiffed dozens of times, possibly even hudreds of times. It is almost a daily occurrence. Not everyday but most days.

I am a Marine but I am too old and fat for that now. I did the office thing for 20 years. I made anywhere between $6 and $13 an hour. Delivering pizzas is less bull shit and way better pay. On really bad nights I average $13 an hour. On the great nights I average just above $22 an hour. It would be hard to go backwards until I get a lot of debt knocked out of the way. If I die, my wife gets $300,000. If I become disabled from being shot then Iā€™ll become a local celebrity. I think I have finally discovered my niche. If I get fired for cussing at customers then I just go deliver for the next place. Very few people want to do this job.

why minimum wage?

Thatā€™s the average pay for most college graduates. Going to college because you are trying to find a way to avoid working doesnā€™t pay off. Too many lazy people are going to college because they think it is a meal ticket. Go do the crappy jobs tht nobody else wants. That is where the money is at. Fair warning: working sucks. All those people that ā€œlove their jobā€ make squat. The people that hate their job are probably rolling in the dough.

Yesterday, I deliver pizzas to a manā€™s house. His daughter paid for the pizzas. I gave her the pizzas. Then I left. After I got about four houses away,The man starts yelling at me. I rudely yelled back, ā€œWHATā€. He said, ā€œyou didnā€™t give me back my change, thatā€™s what.ā€ I told him that he gave me 50 and I gave him back $13.89. Then I turned my car around, rolled down my passenger window and yelled, ā€œbefore you start accusing me of some bull shit, you need to learn to count first.ā€

Should I be fired?

I wager..... the daughter kept the money, and said you didn't give it to her.
That's what I'm feeling from this.

Regardless, you handled it badly. You should go forward with a goal of being more professional, and more humble. If you don't start learning to act more mature when others are not, you'll end up fired from a really good job, instead of a pizza job.

As for should you be fired from this specific job.... I don't know. Up to your manager. Depends on what kind of expectations he has for his drivers.

Forum List

Back