Get rid of the disagree button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we get rid of this button? There are some leftists who just go right down the list and hit disagreeā€¦.disagreeā€¦.disagreeā€¦.to a conservativeā€™s well-articulated opinion on a position without ever having to explain why they disagree or why they feel the conservative is wrong.

Itā€™s just like a conversation in which one person explains something - such as why they feel Trump is being unfairly targeted by a weaponized DOJ - and the other person just says, ā€œwrong!ā€ We KNOW the leftist would disagree, but to just say that without any content serves no purpose.

I suggest a new rule where if a leftist (or anyone) disagrees with a posterā€™s message, they need to say why they disagree and not just slap it down without any defense or explanation. Thatā€™s hardly the way to have a discussion on a discussion board.
I love getting them

It means I hit a nerve.

I love hitting nerves!

What I love most, however, is when they hit the disagree button but they are too scared to give voice to their disagreement because they know they have no real defense.

OKā€¦.I see everyone likes the idea of just shutting people up with whom they disagree, with nothing to back it up.

Iā€™ll just start using it myself rather than waste time with moronic leftists.
When I join a site like this, I immediately disable ratings alerts in my preferences/settings.

Could we get rid of this button? There are some leftists who just go right down the list and hit disagreeā€¦.disagreeā€¦.disagreeā€¦.to a conservativeā€™s well-articulated opinion on a position without ever having to explain why they disagree or why they feel the conservative is wrong.

Itā€™s just like a conversation in which one person explains something - such as why they feel Trump is being unfairly targeted by a weaponized DOJ - and the other person just says, ā€œwrong!ā€ We KNOW the leftist would disagree, but to just say that without any content serves no purpose.

I suggest a new rule where if a leftist (or anyone) disagrees with a posterā€™s message, they need to say why they disagree and not just slap it down without any defense or explanation. Thatā€™s hardly the way to have a discussion on a discussion board.
"Leftists" do what you say?

1690983658743.png

Hitting that button or the funny button as disagreement without any followup explanation immediately results in me putting that one on ignore. It simplifies the process.
Itā€™s like a school teacher being allowed to remove any disruptive or mentally retarded kids from the classroom.
Well, get me out of the way.
I will add another notch to my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back