Get rid of the disagree button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah. It's nothing personal, Lisa. I suppose it's just my own rudimentary style of motivational dialogue. Gotta suck it up.

If you were my best friend in the world, I would have said the same thing.

I'm being a villain for a while anyway. What the heck, I told you guys that in the FZ.
It’s not that it gets my feelings hurt, and I could care less when I see it in the message posting itself. It’s just annoying as hell to have the alert field cluttered up with 10 dislike notifications within 2 minutes by the same poster.

Anyway, I’m over it. I’ve now moved on to more important annoyances - like our own government trying to imprison political opponents to the Democrat candidate.

Could we get rid of this button? There are some leftists who just go right down the list and hit disagree….disagree….disagree….to a conservative’s well-articulated opinion on a position without ever having to explain why they disagree or why they feel the conservative is wrong.

It’s just like a conversation in which one person explains something - such as why they feel Trump is being unfairly targeted by a weaponized DOJ - and the other person just says, “wrong!” We KNOW the leftist would disagree, but to just say that without any content serves no purpose.

I suggest a new rule where if a leftist (or anyone) disagrees with a poster’s message, they need to say why they disagree and not just slap it down without any defense or explanation. That’s hardly the way to have a discussion on a discussion board.
Only thing that is a bit of a bother is people who hit "disagree" but don't post why.
That is weak.

It’s not that it gets my feelings hurt, and I could care less when I see it in the message posting itself. It’s just annoying as hell to have the alert field cluttered up with 10 dislike notifications within 2 minutes by the same poster.

Anyway, I’m over it. I’ve now moved on to more important annoyances - like our own government trying to imprison political opponents to the Democrat candidate.
Just put the trolls on ignore and your experience here will be much better.

It’s not that it gets my feelings hurt...

Good. That's the spirit.

...and I could care less when I see it in the message posting itself. It’s just annoying as hell to have the alert field cluttered up with 10 dislike notifications within 2 minutes by the same poster.
I don't always click on mine. There's just too many when you first log on. Whenever you log in and see like 40 notifications or so, it's just a lot to go through each and every one to see.

If I see a response notification, I'll generally read those. And maybe click on reactions that come from threads that I'm maybe interested in.

Exactly.

I love a good, wholesome debate but there are too many trolls with sarcastic replies. This is why I have over 40 people on ignore.

I don't always click on mine. There's just too many when you first log on. Whenever you log in and see like 40 notifications or so, it's just a lot to go through each and every one to see.

If I see a response notification, I'll generally read those. And maybe click on reactions that come from threads that I'm maybe interested in.
Exactly what I do.
I appreciate every like etc. But you can't look at all of them when there are dozens.
I virtually always look at quotes, and I will look at the occasional disagree... but overwhelmingly they don't respond. Just hit disagree. I roll my eyes.

Of course we know that MAGAts hate our veterans....call us losers, suckers and embarassments. Just like your orange sexual abuser god.

Hilarious that you think he's a Trumper.... You clearly haven't read any of his political posts. But that knee-jerk presumptuous response is how binary-minded wingers like you think, apparently. :dunno:

Only thing that is a bit of a bother is people who hit "disagree" but don't post why.
That is weak.
Yes, that was my point.

ESPECIALLY when you post something factual like.. Biden giving money out to college grads with loans (which is what loan forgiveness is) while the Fed is trying to tighten the money supply is putting more spending into the economy and hurts inflation.

Then they just hit “disagree” without any rebuttal.

Just put the trolls on ignore and your experience here will be much better.

The only thing abut ignoring the ones who truly offer nothing of any meaningful value, but rather whose entire function here, observably, is to swing through threads like a wrecking ball for no other reason than to disrupt any indication of functional dialogue before it has a chance to evolve, really do need to be pointed out. And you don't need a maude to deal with those types. It's far more effective dealing with them on their own level yourself from the trenches.

To ignore them is to encourage them.

Honestly, there's only a very small handful of those particular types on here.

Probably less than ten. Closer to five, though, but definitely less than ten.

The only thing abut ignoring the ones who truly offer nothing of any meaningful value, but rather whose entire function here, observably, is to swing through threads like a wrecking ball for no other reason than to disrupt any indication of functional dialogue before it has a chance to evolve, really do need to be pointed out. And you don't need a maude to deal with those types. It's far more effective dealing with them on their own level yourself from the trenches.

To ignore them is to encourage them.

Honestly, there's only a very small handful of those particular types on here.

Probably less than ten. Closer to five, though, but definitely less than ten.
There are dozens like them here but the mods seem to encourage that behavior.

How weak MAGAts are.

There are dozens like them here but the mods seem to encourage that behavior.

I'm talking about the ones who strategically go into a thread with what is observably the express intent to try to disrupt and instigate it into a meaningless, fruitless dick waving exercise between the usership before a thread has a chance to ever evolve into any kind of functional, fruitful dialigue.

There's only a few of those particular types on here. By my observation anyway. And they generally function in a small group to fulfill the seeming intent, keeping only minimal distance between themselves. Just enough distance to forward the illusion of operating as individuals.

I suppose you could put the regular clowns on ig, but they're at last entertaining.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the ones who strategically go into a thread wit hwhat is observably the express intent to try to disrupt and turn it into a meaningless, fruitless dick waving exercise between the usership before a thread has a chance to evolve into any kind of functional, fruitful dialigue.

There's only a few of those particular types on here. By my observation anyway.

I suppose you could put the regular clowns on ig, but they're at last entertaining.
The entertaining people I don't put on ignore.

I'm talking about the ones who strategically go into a thread wit hwhat is observably the express intent to try to disrupt and turn it into a meaningless, fruitless dick waving exercise between the usership before a thread has a chance to evolve into any kind of functional, fruitful dialigue.

There's only a few of those particular types on here. By my observation anyway.

Why Thank You! :thanks:

Other XenForo sites that I participate on don't have the dislike button. It is what it is. Don't be concerned, it will not harm you, it's only me pursuing something I'm not sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back