Get a grip

How many NFL threads do we need in the POLITICS section? Almost more here than there are in SPORTS
Since partisan politics have infected our entire culture, it was only a matter of time.

Last night I watched the 2005 movie, V for Vendetta, I never noticed before that in America there was a full blown civil war and basically America was toast .. a beggar in the world.. eh, I just thought it was interesting.

MOTUS A.D.: Not My NFL

cropped_2016-09-14T223642Z_380136000_S1BEUBIGNAAA_RTRMADP_3_USA-ELECTION-TRUMP.jpg

• Banned
There are two sides to this situation.

One side is exercising their first amendment rights.

The other side finds that act distasteful.

Which side is a protected right? I may not like what they are doing but I recognize that my feelings don't trump their rights.

Which side is a protected right? I may not like what they are doing but I recognize that my feelings don't trump their rights.

That would be your cue to stop obsessing about it, don't you think?

They have every damn right to do what they're doing.

People have every right to comment on it. But when those people try to exercise their rights to stop others from exercising theirs, that's where I draw the line.

Stand, kneel, lay down, do yoga, do the Chicken Dance, I don't give a shit.

Last edited:

It is certainly a peaceful protest.

Isn't it odd that that party that used to be for freedom and small government have a big problem with this? I really have no idea what republicans stand for now.

You missed the point then.

Or, just recognize that the proper place for black men is on their knees, looking up at their white betters.

None of the Jets bent the knee.
Jets, acting owner Christopher Johnson stand for anthem, lock arms

There are some men that deserve at least an honorable mention. The Italian who was ordered to his knees by Isis refused. He was killed, but standing like a man, not on his knees like a serf.

Among Russians, men have stars tattooed on their knees as representative of the oath they took that they kneel before no one. Like Americans used to be. No American would get on their knees. Until black men decided that they should grovel in the dirt. So let them. Demand that they kneel. Order it. Blacks get on their knees. Spread it to schools so legions of little black kids get used to seeing the world from that subservient position. On your KNEES.

Isn't it odd that that party that used to be for freedom and small government have a big problem with this? I really have no idea what republicans stand for now.
Who is calling for government to intervene? You're free to act like an ass. We're free to call you one.

They have every damn right to do what they're doing.

People have every right to comment on it. But when those people try to exercise their rights to stop others from exercising theirs, that's where I draw the line.

Stand, kneel, lay down, do yoga, do the Chicken Dance, I don't give a shit.
Boycotts until a condition is met is NOT exercising your right to stop others from exercising theirs. It is a direct answer to the idea presented in the first place. A response that bring the other side of the argument into the equation and allows them to compete in the space of ideas.

Who is calling for government to intervene? You're free to act like an ass. We're free to call you one.

Seems really snow flaky to be so easily offended.

Not offended at all cupcake. I just think it's an asshole thing to do and don't have any respect for those doing it.

Not offended at all cupcake. I just think it's an asshole thing to do and don't have any respect for those doing it.
Well that is your right.

Forum List

Back