CDZ Germany Prosecutes Auschwitz Guard. Good Thing or Not?

We probably wouldn't be talking about this guy if he hadn't brought attention to himself by starting a public debate with holocaust deniers He had escaped capture as a guard because he had transferred to a regular combat unit towards to end of the war and managed to get captured by British as a regular soldier. It was only when he learned of the deniers that he began to speak out as a witness to the holocaust and by doing so exposed himself as a former guard. Seems he is making his own restitution and peace with his past.

We probably wouldn't be talking about this guy if he hadn't brought attention to himself by starting a public debate with holocaust deniers He had escaped capture as a guard because he had transferred to a regular combat unit towards to end of the war and managed to get captured by British as a regular soldier. It was only when he learned of the deniers that he began to speak out as a witness to the holocaust and by doing so exposed himself as a former guard. Seems he is making his own restitution and peace with his past.
He wasn't a guard!! He was the guy that counted all the money and jewels that were stolen,he is not an innocent putz that was in the wrong place at the wrong time,he was an official of the worst of the worst .

What he says is not true. Everyone knew about him but felt he had done nothing wrong.
The article said they did not have enough evidence and reason to charge and convict him in the eighties and new laws made it possible to now charge him. In any case, it is German business and how they handle old concentration camp guards or soldiers is their business.
And good for Germany. They have a duty to kill their evil past. I still can't stand going there, wondering why they aren't all falling over themselves apologizing.
Germany has spent probably like a trillion dollars paying out to victims, building memorials, teaching it in schools etc. If any country has ever made amends for what they did, Germany certainly has.
Poland otoh is still denying they played any role whatsoever in the Holocaust. They are lying thieves.
IMO, they can never do enough. But the still prance around like they are the masters of the universe.
Nonsense. It is nut "us". Keep your collective guild for yourself, please. And we don´t prance around like we are the masters of the universe. Look at Germany today and you feel nothing but pity.

Nonsense.

Seems stupid to me. It must have more to do with trying to save face than any justice at this point. I don't feel sorry for anyone except the victims and their families.
No. It's the law.
I heard that it was a new law.
I have looked for something about this law on the net and only found mention of a court ruling that influenced prosecutors to review and renew the case. He apparently was listed as an SS but without mention of his guard activities until he began confronting holocaust deniers. That is when he publicly announced his status as a guard. I have not yet found the exact court ruling that influenced the prosecutors.

I have looked for something about this law on the net and only found mention of a court ruling that influenced prosecutors to review and renew the case. He apparently was listed as an SS but without mention of his guard activities until he began confronting holocaust deniers. That is when he publicly announced his status as a guard. I have not yet found the exact court ruling that influenced the prosecutors.
They should just put him on a plane to Israel and be done with it.

The article said they did not have enough evidence and reason to charge and convict him in the eighties and new laws made it possible to now charge him. In any case, it is German business and how they handle old concentration camp guards or soldiers is their business.
And good for Germany. They have a duty to kill their evil past. I still can't stand going there, wondering why they aren't all falling over themselves apologizing.
Germany has spent probably like a trillion dollars paying out to victims, building memorials, teaching it in schools etc. If any country has ever made amends for what they did, Germany certainly has.
Poland otoh is still denying they played any role whatsoever in the Holocaust. They are lying thieves.
IMO, they can never do enough. But the still prance around like they are the masters of the universe.
Nonsense. It is nut "us". Keep your collective guild for yourself, please. And we don´t prance around like we are the masters of the universe. Look at Germany today and you feel nothing but pity.
Didn't you just post the other day that Germans shouldn't feel any responsibility for the holocaust?
People, who did not carry out a holocaust should not feel any responsibility for a holocaust. Nobody can accuse me of committing a holocaust.
You are American, right? Do I accuse you of slavery or the killing of millions of Vietnamese civilians? Or the creation of terror groups?

Seems stupid to me. It must have more to do with trying to save face than any justice at this point. I don't feel sorry for anyone except the victims and their families.
No. It's the law.
For what it's worth, the ruling being discussed or speculated about, was a ruling that the last of the war criminals being gathered up for prosecution could be put on trial irrespective of whether any eyewitnesses were left to testify. In this case there is a confession, so witnesses are not needed.

Didn't you just post the other day that Germans shouldn't feel any responsibility for the holocaust?
People, who did not carry out a holocaust should not feel any responsibility for a holocaust. Nobody can accuse me of committing a holocaust.
You are American, right? Do I accuse you of slavery or the killing of millions of Vietnamese civilians? Or the creation of terror groups?
Not surprising that you didn't answer the question.

No. It's the law.

No. It has been on the books since 1949, the founding the BRD.
Until 2011, the law could only punish the direct participation in the killings.

Not surprising that you didn't answer the question.
Extra for you: No, I didn´t post such things the other day.

Nonsense.
Germany is on the edge. Political, socially, financial.
Die schwarze Null der schwarzen Null - Politikarena.net

Nonsense.

Oh, please. Another topic for another thread.

At least his testimony confirms that there were definitely gas chambers and crematoriums of killing the Jews.
We will still have some that will continue to believe the lies out there on the internet about the no gas chambers and ovens was for making bread.
Oh brother how many of the gullible are still out there?

Nonsense.

Oh, please. Another topic for another thread.
ok

So Germany is putting a 93yr old man on trial for his role during the war at Auschwitz. His job was to collect money from the arriving Jews, most of whom were killed within hours of arrival.
My question is, is this really worthwhile? They will spend large amounts of money to prosecute an elderly man because he was basically in the wrong place at the wrong time on the wrong side. If he were complicit in raids that killed Jews or helped round them up, sure. Not much of an issue. But he has lived openly in Germany since the war and spoken about his role.
What will they punish him with? Life in prison? That's absurd for a 93yr old.
The best thing they could do is take a complete oral history from him of what exactly he did, why he did it, what the circumstances were, what he remembers from it and everything else they can think of. Then keep that oral history along with the other trillions of documents from that era to demonstrate to future generations that yes it really happened and here's why and here's why we cant let it happen again.

This, and other roles in the concentration camp system has no place in modern warfare so can see a need to prosecute such participants. They weren't acting in a soldier's role and soldier's around the world would take exception to them using that as a defense. They were simply criminals and thus should be prosecuted as criminals.
So we should prosecute the people who worked at the Japanese internment camps too?
Murder doesn't have a statute of limitations...what Japanese were murdered? (this comment does not in any way condone how our government treated Japanese-Americans)
Whom did this guy murder?

He wasn't a guard!! He was the guy that counted all the money and jewels that were stolen,he is not an innocent putz that was in the wrong place at the wrong time,he was an official of the worst of the worst .
So anyone who worked as a clerk in the Gernan Treausry also should be prosecuted? I dont think so.

At least his testimony confirms that there were definitely gas chambers and crematoriums of killing the Jews.
We will still have some that will continue to believe the lies out there on the internet about the no gas chambers and ovens was for making bread.
Oh brother how many of the gullible are still out there?
SunniIdiot believes that. No amount of evidence would convince some people. The Holocaust is the best attested event in history. We literally know more about it than any other historical event. And some people still deny.

Forum List

Back