Georgia puts criminals to work in fields

Americans are more likely to institute something like 3 strikes. Or criminalize marijuana possession. Or champion "law and order" candidates who then clog the prisons with people who would not necessarily deserve hard time.

Look buddy, we have a prison guard union to protect and promote. California Prison guards average 6 figure salaries with ALL the government goodies, retirement at 45 with full pay, unlimited medical, the whole thing. AND they ALWAYS vote for the party! Damn right we're going to keep those prisons packed - every prisoner contributes to voted for the democratic party! We'll put you in prison for pissing in the bushes. (No, really - we will!)

So Americans are more likely to commit crimes than the rest of the world?
Americans are more likely to institute something like 3 strikes. Or criminalize marijuana possession. Or champion "law and order" candidates who then clog the prisons with people who would not necessarily deserve hard time.

True. Prison should be reserved for Cho-Mo's and violent offenders.

Give this man a cigar!:clap2:

Prison should be abolished, it does nothing to protect society.

Fines, restitution, corporal and capital punishment are the only effective means of containing crime. Prison is nothing more than advanced training for violent predators.

That our Prisons are nothing more then higher education for criminals I agree with you 110%
I also agree with corporal punishment. I wonder how many times a drunk driver would re offend if he got 100 lashes the first time around.

Georgia puts probationers to work in fields after farmers complain about immigration crackdown
Article by: RAY HENRY and KATE BRUMBACK , Associated Press Updated: June 22, 2011 - 9:34 AM

. LESLIE, Ga. - It's 3:25 p.m. in a dusty cucumber field in south Georgia. A knot of criminal offenders who spent seven hours in the sun harvesting buckets of vegetables by hand have decided they're calling it quits — exactly as crew leader Benito Mendez predicted in the morning.

Republican Gov. Nathan Deal started the experiment after farmers publicly complained they couldn't find enough workers to harvest labor-intensive crops such as cucumbers and berries because Latino workers — including many illegal immigrants — refused to show up, even when offered one-time or weekly bonuses. One crew who previously worked for Mendez told him they wouldn't come to Georgia for fear of risking deportation.

Georgia puts probationers to work in fields after farmers complain about immigration crackdown | StarTribune.com

that's awesome maybe they will realize its better work than crime, I loved picking cukes, all this labor intensive, in a dusty field bullshit...its called farming ,the harvest..its called good hard work that will break a sweat, keep you fit and strong, fresh air.sunshine ...the Mexicans bring the weed and tequila and a good time is had by all....and I Consistently made 120$ a day which would be enough for a lot of people in prison to keep them out of crime..farm labor is good work given a bad name so employers can escape supplying basic work place health and safety standards

Last edited:
Where are all the unemployed Georgian workers taking these jobs? Its nice to say that "Americans can do jobs done by illegal alien workes"...theory is only as good as the result. "Can" and "do" are not the same.

All jobs are not equal; like brick laying, house framing, stucco work, siding work, concrete pouring & finishing, drywall hannging & finishing, labor/tenderer to backhoe operator, etc, etc. Those are good jobs largely done by illegals now days, and they used to be entry level jobs for people interested in going into construction.

That our Prisons are nothing more then higher education for criminals I agree with you 110%
I also agree with corporal punishment. I wonder how many times a drunk driver would re offend if he got 100 lashes the first time around.

I wonder how many gang bangers would wear as a badge of honor, being flogged in the town square, shitting themselves and crying like bitches? The "homies" might think twice about it.

If that doesn't work, a short drop with a sudden stop will absolutely straighten them out.

Fines, restitution, corporal and capital punishment are the only effective means of containing crime. Prison is nothing more than advanced training for violent predators.

Are you suggesting shiara law in the US?

The solution is quite simple: A temporary worker program. The visas must let workers change jobs easily so they can move to sectors where demand is greatest and pay and working conditions competitive. It worked in the early 1950s.

Not even legal migrant workers want anythng to do with Gerogia right now...many believe they are not protected by the state law .

In the US we have a huge prison population, over two million in federal and state prisons. That’s 25% of world’s prison population. We have more people in prison than China with 5 times the population.

Over the last 50 years the US population has grown about 50% while the prison population has grown over 600%. The prison industry complex growth has paralleled the growth in the number of prisoners.

The private contracting of prisoners for work fosters incentives to lock people up. Prisons depend on this income. Corporate stockholders who make money off prisoners' work, lobby for longer sentences, in order to expand their workforce. The emphasis in prisons has changed over the last 50 years from rehabilitation to making a profit.

We can make the work prisons not for profit so no state or shareholder could profit from it. The money would only lower the states prison expense. Make it so all earnings must be spent on the prisoner's from contractors chosen by prisoner's so the guards & warden can't spend all the money on their favorite overpriced contractors who give them kick-backs.
We could but the prison industry complex is one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States and its investors are on Wall Street. "This multimillion dollar industry has its own trade exhibitions, conventions, websites, and mail-order/Internet catalogs. It also has direct advertising campaigns, architecture companies, construction companies, investment houses on Wall Street, plumbing supply companies, food supply companies, and armed security. Ten years ago there were 5 private prisons. Today there are 100. It's expect that there will 600 by end of this decade It's big business and growing rapidly and they certainly have no intention of seeing it become non-profit.

Last edited:
When you start talking about corpral punishment and whipping people what else is there to think? :cuckoo:

Do smoke this much crack every day, or is today special?

The Koran is written on paper - The Cat in the Hat is written on paper: therefore, the Cat in the Hat is the Koran....

Do you people EVER think things through?

We do think thing through, do you? I figured people were against shiara law due to it's needless violence, obviously you seem to thing the needless violence and cruelty is ok. Now I have to ask what is it you don't like about shiara law? by the way are you capable of following or do I have to connect the dots for you? because I'm ok with it, I can even send you some crayons.

Some of the punishment parts yes, just leave the theology at the door.

In the US we have a huge prison population, over two million in federal and state prisons. That’s 25% of world’s prison population. We have more people in prison than China with 5 times the population.

Over the last 50 years the US population has grown about 50% while the prison population has grown over 600%. The prison industry complex growth has paralleled the growth in the number of prisoners.

The private contracting of prisoners for work fosters incentives to lock people up. Prisons depend on this income. Corporate stockholders who make money off prisoners' work, lobby for longer sentences, in order to expand their workforce. The emphasis in prisons has changed over the last 50 years from rehabilitation to making a profit.

So Americans are more likely to commit crimes than the rest of the world?
I don't know but in the US crime has been going down while jail population has been going up. The primary reasons are:

. Longer sentences.

. The passage of laws that require minimum sentencing, without regard for circumstances.

. A large expansion of work by prisoners creating profits that motivate the incarceration of more people for longer periods of time.

Much of the push for longer jail time has nothing to do with punishment or rehabilitation, but rather profits. The prison industry is a large and growing industry and it's future depends on a larger prison population.

We do think thing through, do you? I figured people were against shiara law due to it's needless violence,

Do you not know what Sharia is? What you write is nonsense - illiterate.

If I were like you - that is to say, a fucking moron, I would start down some track about your love of gay bath houses, how your support of prison was driven by your lust to butt fuck other prisoners.

I won't though, because like your Sharia angle - it's idiotic.

Do you think that prisons are effective? Do you approve of the rape of weaker men by brutal thugs is appropriate punishment for petty crime?

Is the prevention and punishment of crime your goal, or the creation of a permanent underclass?

Some of the punishment parts yes, just leave the theology at the door.

I understand that, and your reply. Perhaps you should give a block of instruction to uncensored2008 on how to properly respond to peoples questions. I can't tell if he is that ignorant or just wants to fight with someone? I hope he just wants to fight, because it's hard to believe that someone would be that stupid.

Last edited:
We do think thing through, do you? I figured people were against shiara law due to it's needless violence,

Do you not know what Sharia is? What you write is nonsense - illiterate.

If I were like you - that is to say, a fucking moron, I would start down some track about your love of gay bath houses, how your support of prison was driven by your lust to butt fuck other prisoners.

I won't though, because like your Sharia angle - it's idiotic.

Do you think that prisons are effective? Do you approve of the rape of weaker men by brutal thugs is appropriate punishment for petty crime?

Is the prevention and punishment of crime your goal, or the creation of a permanent underclass?

I got it now...I didn't mean to hit a nerve. Have you seen or talked to someone about your butt rape while you were in prison? They have support groups for people like you. You can heal and move on.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back