why complain about illegals?
why complain about illegals?

Just about every country in this world but ours controls their borders. Even Mexico is tough on illegals.
There was a time when we knew who was coming here, quarantined them or sent them back their countries of origin if they had diseases. Now? A free for all and if some have diseases, are child molesters, or terrorists, well, too bad because diversity, cheap labor, and future democrat votes are higher priorities than the safety of our own citizens..
we have the largest economy in the entire world, even with illegals; why do you believe, illegals are the problem? please be more cogent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we have the largest economy in the entire world, even with illegals; why do you believe, illegals are the problem? please be more cogent.
our_economy_or_our_economy.jpg

Nigeria has a bigger economy than Luxembourg. Yet the all the Nigerians are trying to get to Luxembourg. Can you understand why?
No. why not explain it in better detail why You believe, illegals are the problem.

So, millions of low-skill, low-education foreign nationals illegally enter our country and drive down the wages of any job that requires not even literacy nor the ability to speak English and so the only Americans doing those jobs are the very least capable--the bottom of the barrel of our own workers. And you use your experiences with them as some sort of argument for the virtue and blamelessness of your undercutting of our workers while underpaying illegals to get cheap landscaping. Enjoy your fat and happy exploitation. Your grandkids will pay for your ignorance, greed, and laziness.

My experience goes a lot deeper than that.Our house in New Orleans was all but wiped out by Katrina. Virtually every house in a four parish area was destroyed. In our case, all we had left was the foundation and the frame, and brick. The roof, appliances, flooring inside walls and sheetrock, cabinets, and everything else was destroyed, to the tune of $125,000. It was impossible to find anyone in New Orleans to rebuild.Nobody was working, so it was't a matter of manpower shortage. Within 3 weeks, the illegal immigrants flooded the city. Over the next 9 months, they rebuilt virtually the whole city. They slept in tents in the park, and worked 7 days per week. Even with their efforts, it took me 5 months to rebuild my house., and I was luckier than most, because my son-in-law was a contractor. All, and I mean all, all the people he hired spoke Spanish as their first, if not only language.

And, as for my grandson, I am not at all worried. Although he is only 6 months old, we have a whole lot bigger plans for him that reroofing houses.

Except the issue with illegals was never how hard they worked. Nobody cares how hard they work.

Same story here in southern california. Illegals do a lot of the work because the homeowners usually want cheap. And you get what you pay for.

And the people that hire them are the very same that stick up for unions when we have stories about Right to Work states or states considering becoming one.

I myself am not anti union. The banks and the corporations have their unions, such as the supreme court and most of our politicians who serve them. Someone has to be for the little guy when it comes to wages as well as safety. Unfortunately, many unions are for illegals too, and will enroll them as members.

I doubt it. But the point is the people who are pro-union forcing companies to overpay workers are for illegals who lower our wages and steal jobs from Americans. These are from the same cut of cloth that say able bodied Americans are on welfare because there are not enough jobs or the jobs that are out there don't pay enough.

I live about 40 miles from the border. I need handyman and landscaping help from time to time, but in the last 7 years, only one out of 6 anglos that I hired, showed up on time, sober, and did the job well. on the other hand, the Latinos that I have hired was just the reverse. About 5 in 6 showed up on time, and finished the job, and their price is about half what the anglos charge. Naturally, now, I specifically look for Latinos to do the job. i have no idea if they are citizens or not, and frankly, I no longer care.
So, millions of low-skill, low-education foreign nationals illegally enter our country and drive down the wages of any job that requires not even literacy nor the ability to speak English and so the only Americans doing those jobs are the very least capable--the bottom of the barrel of our own workers. And you use your experiences with them as some sort of argument for the virtue and blamelessness of your undercutting of our workers while underpaying illegals to get cheap landscaping. Enjoy your fat and happy exploitation. Your grandkids will pay for your ignorance, greed, and laziness.

My experience goes a lot deeper than that.Our house in New Orleans was all but wiped out by Katrina. Virtually every house in a four parish area was destroyed. In our case, all we had left was the foundation and the frame, and brick. The roof, appliances, flooring inside walls and sheetrock, cabinets, and everything else was destroyed, to the tune of $125,000. It was impossible to find anyone in New Orleans to rebuild.Nobody was working, so it was't a matter of manpower shortage. Within 3 weeks, the illegal immigrants flooded the city. Over the next 9 months, they rebuilt virtually the whole city. They slept in tents in the park, and worked 7 days per week. Even with their efforts, it took me 5 months to rebuild my house., and I was luckier than most, because my son-in-law was a contractor. All, and I mean all, all the people he hired spoke Spanish as their first, if not only language.

And, as for my grandson, I am not at all worried. Although he is only 6 months old, we have a whole lot bigger plans for him that reroofing houses.
This idea that it is necessary to roll your r's in order to be a hard worker is frequently made by those who are profiting from illegal immigration.

Between 1925 and 1970 there was virtually no immigration to the United States (in fact, there was even a short period of emigration) and during that time we managed to finish settling a vast continent and establish an advanced civic structure over it and connect it all with a magnificent interstate highway system, bring a population including recently emancipated slaves of African descent to full literacy and full political equality, win a world war against two superpowers simultaneously, invent computers, travel to the moon and back, build an industrial powerhouse like the world had never seen, create a huge, stable, and prosperous middle class that was the envy of the world, produce an economy that dwarfed the rest of the world combined, and give the world Rock and Roll, all the while managing to get our grass cut and our children raised.

We can handle cleaning up after a hurricane without importing a bunch of Mexicans.

By the way, it's not job competition I was thinking of when I said your grandson will pay the price for your shortsightedness and greed.

"We" can handle cleaning up after a hurricane, Kemosabe? I don't know who "we" is, because the only people working to do just that were illegals who spoke Spanish. In fact, there is still a 50 square mile hole in the middle of the city that has never been rebuilt, and it has been 12 years. Have at it!

NewOrleans.jpg

Last edited:
I live about 40 miles from the border. I need handyman and landscaping help from time to time, but in the last 7 years, only one out of 6 anglos that I hired, showed up on time, sober, and did the job well. on the other hand, the Latinos that I have hired was just the reverse. About 5 in 6 showed up on time, and finished the job, and their price is about half what the anglos charge. Naturally, now, I specifically look for Latinos to do the job. i have no idea if they are citizens or not, and frankly, I no longer care.

This idea that it is necessary to roll your r's in order to be a hard worker is frequently made by those who are profiting from illegal immigration.

Between 1925 and 1970 there was virtually no immigration to the United States (in fact, there was even a short period of emigration) and during that time we managed to finish settling a vast continent and establish an advanced civic structure over it and connect it all with a magnificent interstate highway system, bring a population including recently emancipated slaves of African descent to full literacy and full political equality, win a world war against two superpowers simultaneously, invent computers, travel to the moon and back, build an industrial powerhouse like the world had never seen, create a huge, stable, and prosperous middle class that was the envy of the world, produce an economy that dwarfed the rest of the world combined, and give the world Rock and Roll, all the while managing to get our grass cut and our children raised.

We can handle cleaning up after a hurricane without importing a bunch of Mexicans.

By the way, it's not job competition I was thinking of when I said your grandson will pay the price for your shortsightedness and greed.

"We" can handle cleaning up after a hurricane, Kemosabe? I don't know who "we" is, because the only people working to do just that were illegals who spoke Spanish. In fact, there is still a 50 square mile hole in the middle of the city that has never been rebuilt, and it has been 12 years. Have at it!

NewOrleans.jpg
I cleaned up after a hurricane that went through Biloxi MS years ago and the only people I saw were black and white. So what?

It should be found unlawful, to require a work ethic in at-will employment States, even for public sector programs.

WTF does this even mean?
Danny...half the time you post I can't figure out WTF you're trying to say. Are you located in the U.S.?
You still learning the language?
Let's knock down this communication barrier so we can communicate better....Whatta ya say?

It should be found unlawful, to require a work ethic in at-will employment States, even for public sector programs.

WTF does this even mean?
Danny...half the time you post I can't figure out WTF you're trying to say. Are you located in the U.S.?
Let's knock down this communication barrier so we can communicate better....Whatta ya say?

There's simply no point in reading daniel's posts if you're not stoned. Even then, it can be a long and winding road.

WTF does this even mean?
Just clueless and Causeless, like usual.

Forum List

Back