Georgia grandmother foils robbery

No. We just don't like the idea that unarmed citizens that pose no real threat can be gunned down by people who, through their fear, carry guns to feel like a bad-ass.
How, exactly does that relate to the story here?
Oh wait - it doesn't.
It relates to the subject of "Stand Your Ground" laws which was being discussed.
So it -doesn't- relate to the story, but to a red herring offered in an attempt to obfuscate the issue and misdirect the conversation.

Back on-topic:
-Why do you oppose people having the legal and situational means necessary to protect themselves?
-Why would you prefer that the woman in question be deprived of the tool she used to protect herself, leaving her defenseless from the people she, instead, drove away?

Bleeding hearts hear a story like this and get furious. Nevermind the wonderful story of grandma protecting herself and her property, this story is a negative on their political agenda of more gov't control of citizens.
Liberals believe the state should have a monopoly on force.

IME, this derives from the fact that they do not posess the intellectual, moral and testicular means necessary to defend themselves; absent these things, they rely on the state to protect them. Of course, their self-esteem is harmed by those who -do- posess said means, and so they seen to remove those means from those people so that they, the liberals, not feel so bad about themselves.
I am a Liberal and I certainly do not believe the State should have a monopoly on force.

So, you were saying?

I am a liberal and I have guns and support the 2nd Amendment. So.....you were saying?
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

I agree with him. I own a Taurus Judge and I got a CC permit. I just thought that to take the OP link and use it to say....

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

.......was an awful stretch.
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

Bleeding hearts hear a story like this and get furious. Nevermind the wonderful story of grandma protecting herself and her property, this story is a negative on their political agenda of more gov't control of citizens.
Liberals believe the state should have a monopoly on force.

IME, this derives from the fact that they do not posess the intellectual, moral and testicular means necessary to defend themselves; absent these things, they rely on the state to protect them. Of course, their self-esteem is harmed by those who -do- posess said means, and so they seen to remove those means from those people so that they, the liberals, not feel so bad about themselves.
I am a Liberal and I certainly do not believe the State should have a monopoly on force.
My statement remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter’s house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

“(The suspect) shouted, ‘Give me the (blanking) money and open the (blanking) door!’” Campbell told The Telegraph, describing her ordeal. “I said, ‘Oh my God, somebody is going to rob me.’ I said, ‘Baby, you’re going to kill me anyway, so I don’t have to open it!’”

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.
Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".

We can go from there.

Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta
I am a liberal and I have guns and support the 2nd Amendment. So.....you were saying?

How is your question valid when I am one of those Liberals you have stated believe one thing and I very clearly believe something the opposite?

Seems to me, your question is invalid for that reason.

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter’s house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

“(The suspect) shouted, ‘Give me the (blanking) money and open the (blanking) door!’” Campbell told The Telegraph, describing her ordeal. “I said, ‘Oh my God, somebody is going to rob me.’ I said, ‘Baby, you’re going to kill me anyway, so I don’t have to open it!’”

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.

If things are so great in GA, why does it have a higher firearm death rate than NY, NJ and MA..., COMBINED?!?!

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Let me get this straight. Conservatives want to force women to bear babies, prevent gays from getting married, prevent people from having a dignified death and take decisions away from family members to "pull the plug" on loved ones.

And you have the audacity to say Liberals want more government control over people's lives????

You must be smoking the same shit as KissMy. :cuckoo:

Democrats and republicans want more control over people's lives. You have no problem with gov't running people's lives, as long as it's your version.

I'm against the Drug War, pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro giving that choice to loved ones if the person who's dying hasn't made a choice beforehand.

You on the other hand will re-elect Obama despite the constant escalation of the drug war under his rule, you'll re-elect him even though he says marriage is between man and woman, you'll re elect him in hopes to get more gov't control over private citizens live, get more people arrested when already living in a prison state, and create another huge gov't bureacracy to arrest citizens for victimless crimes.

Any of that not the case?

I agree with him. I own a Taurus Judge and I got a CC permit. I just thought that to take the OP link and use it to say....

Usually the sign of a Simpleton. They lump everyone together because their mind cannot wrap itself around the idea of different people having different opinions.

Your question is invalid....two of us have stepped up and made it invalid. Are you a Simpleton who cannot see that?

Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".

We can go from there.

If democrats had their way, this old lady would be in jail or dead. Thanks to Repubs she has a third option. She can go on with whats left of her life.

Last edited:
How is your question valid when I am one of those Liberals you have stated believe one thing and I very clearly believe something the opposite?
Seems to me, your question is invalid for that reason.
Since you apparently missed it, I will aadd emphasis where necessary.
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general. agree with you.

You won't even try to do this, as you know it is not true.

And thus, my question/statement is valid.

OP: Woman drives off an attacker; liberals would have had her disarmed.
Him: man accidentally shoots someone; no apparent point, related or otherwise.
How do they compare at all?

Don't ask me. For some reason democrats think gun prohibition would work perfectly (while ignoring the annoying Constitution of course) but think marijuana prohibition fails miserably and typically they know how bad alcohol prohbition worked.

If you want to create a huge criminal black market for guns and give criminals a strategic advantage to commit crimes, by all means, advocate for the banning of guns.

GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

Great chart on that site that shows there's no consistent theme of gun ownership=gun homicide being reality.
Hmmm. I am a Democrat and do not think gun prohibition would work at all.

So, you were saying?

You're right I shoudn't broad brush.

But I guess saying "the majority of" every time gets annoying.

But still, that's what I should do to be more accurate.

Your question is invalid....two of us have stepped up and made it invalid. Are you a Simpleton who cannot see that?

Since you apparently missed it, I will aadd emphasis where necessary.
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general. agree with you.

You won't even try to do this, as your dishonest ass knows it is not true.

And thus, my question/statement is valid.

There is something inherent in the liberal democrat mind that finds a natural sympathy with criiminals.

We can go from there.

Yep...this too I want to see.

Don't ask me. For some reason democrats think gun prohibition would work perfectly (while ignoring the annoying Constitution of course) but think marijuana prohibition fails miserably and typically they know how bad alcohol prohbition worked.

If you want to create a huge criminal black market for guns and give criminals a strategic advantage to commit crimes, by all means, advocate for the banning of guns.

GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

Great chart on that site that shows there's no consistent theme of gun ownership=gun homicide being reality.
Hmmm. I am a Democrat and do not think gun prohibition would work at all.

So, you were saying?

You're right I shoudn't broad brush.

But I guess saying "the majority of" every time gets annoying.

But still, that's what I should do to be more accurate.
Yes. His pendantry is a silly attempt to avoid the issue.

Of course, why he doesnt simply say that the liberals who DO support disarming little old ladies and DO think the state should have a monopoly on forse are wrong is beyind me - appaarently he'd rather try tio discredit people here rather than break his bond with his otherwise-ideological soulmates.
:dunno:

If things are so great in GA, why does it have a higher firearm death rate than NY, NJ and MA..., COMBINED?!?!

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 statistics - states compared - Crime data on StateMaster

Unfortunate, but....oh well.

Forum List

Back