Georgia grandmother foils robbery

damn I was gonna say something similar. Dont mess with democratic interest groups like criminals.

That is why Democrats hate "Stand Your Ground Laws". They want to arrest citizens for defending themselves & make them defend themselves again in a court draining them of their family, property, savings, freedom & livelihood. The Democrats want to protect criminals & abort the innocent.

No. We just don't like the idea that unarmed citizens that pose no real threat can be gunned down by people who, through their fear, carry guns to feel like a bad-ass.

And it's just not Dems either. It looks like Florida is re-thinking their law.....

Florida to examine "stand your ground" law - CBS News

Stand Your Ground had nothing to do with Trayvon's death. But even if it did, I would prefer to let 1 guilty get away than fill the prisons with thousands of innocent victims. Or punish the victims with arrest, trial & financial hardship. We have double the per capita incarceration rate of any other country on the planet.

Last edited:
That is why Democrats hate "Stand Your Ground Laws". They want to arrest citizens for defending themselves & make them defend themselves again in a court draining them of their family, property, savings, freedom & livelihood. The Democrats want to protect criminals & abort the innocent.

No. We just don't like the idea that unarmed citizens that pose no real threat can be gunned down by people who, through their fear, carry guns to feel like a bad-ass.

And it's just not Dems either. It looks like Florida is re-thinking their law.....

Stand Your Ground had nothing to do with Trayvon's death. But even if it did, I would prefer to let 1 guilty get away than fill the prisons with thousands of innocent victims. Or punish the victims with arrest, trial & financial hardship. We have double the per capita incarceration rate of any other country on the planet.

Exactly, and in most cases we have 10 to 20 times the per capita prison population of other industrialized countries.

The way to fix that isn't arresting more people for more gov't made up victimless crimes.

damn I was gonna say something similar. Dont mess with democratic interest groups like criminals.

How, exactly does that relate to the story here?
Oh wait - it doesn't.

Bleeding hearts hear a story like this and get furious. Nevermind the wonderful story of grandma protecting herself and her property, this story is a negative on their political agenda of more gov't control of citizens.

Bleeding hearts hear a story like this and get furious. Nevermind the wonderful story of grandma protecting herself and her property, this story is a negative on their political agenda of more gov't control of citizens.
Liberals believe the state should have a monopoly on force.

IME, this derives from the fact that they do not posess the intellectual, moral and testicular means necessary to defend themselves; absent these things, they rely on the state to protect them. Of course, their self-esteem is harmed by those who -do- posess said means, and so they seen to remove those means from those people so that they, the liberals, not feel so bad about themselves.

Are you serious? It has everything to do with it. Why in the world would Florida Governor Scott put together a commision to rexamine the law in the wake of the death of Trayvon Martin?

I don't know what you're smoking but please save me some.

Are you serious? It has everything to do with it. Why in the world would Florida Governor Scott put together a commision to rexamine the law in the wake of the death of Trayvon Martin?

Politics.

Was it really that hard to figure out?

Let me get this straight. Conservatives want to force women to bear babies, prevent gays from getting married, prevent people from having a dignified death and take decisions away from family members to "pull the plug" on loved ones.

And you have the audacity to say Liberals want more government control over people's lives????

You must be smoking the same shit as KissMy. :cuckoo:

Beating someone who is flat on their back, not fighting back & screaming for help 20 times will get you legally shot in any state.

Politics.

Was it really that hard to figure out?

It must be with the GOP since Florida is a near total RED state.

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter’s house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

“(The suspect) shouted, ‘Give me the (blanking) money and open the (blanking) door!’” Campbell told The Telegraph, describing her ordeal. “I said, ‘Oh my God, somebody is going to rob me.’ I said, ‘Baby, you’re going to kill me anyway, so I don’t have to open it!’”

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.
Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

I am a liberal and I have guns and support the 2nd Amendment. So.....you were saying?

Are you serious? It has everything to do with it.
False.
SYG had nothing to do with the death; it has everything to do with the question as to if killing him was legal. I -seriously- doubt Zimmerman considered his actions in context of SYG.

Why do you oppose people having the legal and situational means necessary to protect themselves?
Why would you prefer that the woman in question be deprived of the tool she used to protect herself, leaving her defenseless from the people she, instead, drove away?

MACON, Ga. (CBS Atlanta/AP) – Authorities in Georgia say a grandmother foiled a robbery attempt by two armed men by getting into a shootout with them, injuring one man.

Police told The Telegraph that Lulu Campbell just dropped off her grandson at her daughter’s house early Saturday morning when someone demanded money outside her car, threatening to shoot her.

“(The suspect) shouted, ‘Give me the (blanking) money and open the (blanking) door!’” Campbell told The Telegraph, describing her ordeal. “I said, ‘Oh my God, somebody is going to rob me.’ I said, ‘Baby, you’re going to kill me anyway, so I don’t have to open it!’”

Campbell says the man fired at her, missing. The 57-year-old fired back, striking him in the chest. Her truck sustained eight bullet holes in the hood, one in the grill. Both front side windows were destroyed. The second man fled after she shot at him.
Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta
If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?
I am a liberal and I have guns and support the 2nd Amendment. So.....you were saying?
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

How, exactly does that relate to the story here?
Oh wait - it doesn't.

It relates to the subject of "Stand Your Ground" laws which was being discussed.

Sorry it went over your head....

Perfect comparison.
OP: Woman drives off an attacker; liberals would have had her disarmed.
Him: man accidentally shoots someone; no apparent point, related or otherwise.
How do they compare at all?

Don't ask me. For some reason democrats think gun prohibition would work perfectly (while ignoring the annoying Constitution of course) but think marijuana prohibition fails miserably and typically they know how bad alcohol prohbition worked.

If you want to create a huge criminal black market for guns and give criminals a strategic advantage to commit crimes, by all means, advocate for the banning of guns.

GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

Great chart on that site that shows there's no consistent theme of gun ownership=gun homicide being reality.
Hmmm. I am a Democrat and do not think gun prohibition would work at all.

So, you were saying?

My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general agree with you.

I agree with him. I own a Taurus Judge and I got a CC permit. I just thought that to take the OP link and use it to say....

.......was an awful stretch.

Forum List

Back