Georgia grandmother foils robbery

Georgia Grandmother Foils Robbery By Getting Into Shootout With Suspects « CBS Atlanta

If liberals had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?
Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".
We can go from there.
You have to be kidding.

Liberals - in general, so as to disarm you of your poendantic retort of "i'm a liberal and I don't support this so you must be wrong " - support any number of restrictions on guns, from ourtight bans to repeal of CCW laws to not allowing the use of deadly force to protect yourself outside the house. Ther's no question that, if they had their way, this woman would no thave been able to legally have a loaded gun at the ready in her truck.

Before you respond, try to grow some honesty.

I am a liberal and do not support restrictions on guns. Nor do I support outright bans and/or repeal of CCW laws. Nor do I support not allowing the use of deadly force to protect myself.

So, you were saying?

Since it's not a state and just a city, the numbers are skewed. We'd see high numbers, if other cities were listed. I'll look for it. My point, however, is that amongst the states the top is loaded with red states and true blues like NY, NJ, CT and MA are near the bottom. It doesn't appear that conservative attitudes towards gun control are helping firearm death numbers!!! :cool:

So since it's a city, the level of how strict gun laws are should be ignored?

Why is that? Other than the obvious reason that it goes against your agenda.

No, I'm saying, if you want to count DC, we need a list of cities, not states. Haven't found one yet.

Well the information is already out. The place with the most strict gun laws has WAY higher gun crimes than anywhere else. Hell it's not even in the ballpark.

And could I ask what the solution is?

Ban guns, create a trillion dollar bureacracy to go around looking for them. Looking in people's homes, waiting in the woods to stalk hunters and arrest them. Something like that? Just curious.

Also please help me understand how a liberal can think marijuana prohibition doesn't work (which i agree with) but a gun prohibition would work wonderfully.

Tell you what. So there is no misunderstanding please explain what Liberals would do "if they had their way with guns".

We can go from there.

If democrats had their way, this old lady would be in jail or dead. Thanks to Repubs she has a third option. She can go on with whats left of her life.

I am a Democrat and this woman is to be applauded. Not in jail or dead.

You were saying?

Without Georgia's "Stand Your Ground Law" this lady would have had to get out of the vehicle & do as the criminal thug said or retreat first in order to avoid shooting. Otherwise she would go to jail.

Without Georgia's Conceal Carry Weapons Law (CCW) she would be jailed for carrying a loaded weapon.

Democrats oppose both of these laws.

We can go from there.
You have to be kidding.

Liberals - in general, so as to disarm you of your poendantic retort of "i'm a liberal and I don't support this so you must be wrong " - support any number of restrictions on guns, from ourtight bans to repeal of CCW laws to not allowing the use of deadly force to protect yourself outside the house. Ther's no question that, if they had their way, this woman would no thave been able to legally have a loaded gun at the ready in her truck.
Before you respond, try to grow some honesty.
So much for the honesty.

I am a liberal and do not support restrictions on guns. Nor do I support outright bans and/or repeal of CCW laws. Nor do I support not allowing the use of deadly force to protect myself.
Do liberals, in general, agree with you on these issues?

Since you apparently missed it, I will aadd emphasis where necessary.
My question remains valid, unless, of course, you want to argue that liberals, in general. agree with you.

You won't even try to do this, as you know it is not true.

And thus, my question/statement is valid.

Sorry, the proof was on your shoulders since you said Liberals believe this, Democrats believe that.

We just showed you two of us, right off the bat, who DO NOT believe as you accuse
Your counterexample is only valid if you believe that it is represetnative of the group you claim to represent.
:dunno:

But, because you pointlessly choose to be a child about thuis, I shall amend my question/statements so as to remove your pendantic complaint:

If liberals in general had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

Please add the underlined to any statement where liberals are referenced.
You say that Liberals believe this....I am a Liberal and I do not believe as you assert.

You say that Democrats believe that....I am a Democrat and I do not believe as you assert.

Are you a Simpleton?

Sorry, the proof was on your shoulders since you said Liberals believe this, Democrats believe that.

We just showed you two of us, right off the bat, who DO NOT believe as you accuse
Your counterexample is only valid if you believe that it is represetnative of the group you claim to represent.

But, because you pointlessly choose to be a child about thuis, I shall amend my question/statements so as to remove your pendantic complaint:

If liberals in general had their way with guns, who knows what would have happened to this poor woman...?

You say that Liberals believe this....I am a Liberal and I do not believe as you assert.

You say that Democrats believe that....I am a Democrat and I do not believe as you assert.

Are you a Simpleton?

no but you are, for being a democrat.

The Supreme Court barely upheld our right to carry a loaded concealed weapon. It was a 5 to 4 decision & the lefties on the court were the 4 who opposed our CCW rights.

Since you deliberately missed what I posted, I will post it again:

Because you pointlessly choose to be a child about thuis, I shall amend my question/statements so as to remove your pendantic complaint:

Please add the underlined to any statement/question where liberals are referenced.

Do you think that liberals, in general, agree with you on these issues?

Last edited:
The Supreme Court barely upheld our right to carry a loaded concealed weapon. It was a 5 to 4 decision & the lefties on the court were the 4 who opposed our CCW rights.

So basically that right is just a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

No, I'm saying, if you want to count DC, we need a list of cities, not states. Haven't found one yet.
No, you don't - you simply want to ignore DC because it goes agianst what you want to be true.

I said states and DC isn't a state. YOU want to ignore the fact that amongst the STATES, red ones are more deadly than blue ones. Care to tell us why?

In DC?
No. It ruled that the outright ban on handguns violates the constitution.
Liberals, in general, oppose this decision and would have upheld the ban.

If democrats had their way, this old lady would be in jail or dead. Thanks to Repubs she has a third option. She can go on with whats left of her life.

You were saying?

Without Georgia's "Stand Your Ground Law" this lady would have had to get out of the vehicle & do as the criminal thug said or retreat first in order to avoid shooting. Otherwise she would go to jail.

Without Georgia's Conceal Carry Weapons Law (CCW) she would be jailed for carrying a loaded weapon.

Why is GA so much more deadly than NY, NJ and MA, then? :eusa_eh:

No, you don't - you simply want to ignore DC because it goes agianst what you want to be true.
I said states and DC isn't a state.
relevaance?

You want to argue tha lax gun contol = more deaths and strong gun control = fewer deaths. City, state, county doesnt matter - if what you want to say is true, then it is true, period.

DC (in specific, large cities in general) disproves what you want to say, so you want to exclude the data to that effect.

Last edited:

So basically that right is just a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

It is certainly a big reason not to let Obama have another term so he can stick another lefty on the courts.

Well the information is already out. The place with the most strict gun laws has WAY higher gun crimes than anywhere else. Hell it's not even in the ballpark.

And could I ask what the solution is?

Ban guns, create a trillion dollar bureacracy to go around looking for them. Looking in people's homes, waiting in the woods to stalk hunters and arrest them. Something like that? Just curious.

Also please help me understand how a liberal can think marijuana prohibition doesn't work (which i agree with) but a gun prohibition would work wonderfully.

Just making an observation and looking for an explanation for why red states have higher gun death rates than blue states. I don't recall saying anything about banning guns. I'm just wondering how you defend your position in light of the numbers. People who believe in reasonable gun control are constantly being told that the laws don't help, but the numbers seem to say otherwise!

relevaance?

You want to argue tha lax gun contol = more deaths and strong gun control = fewer deaths. City, state, county doesnt matter - if what you want to say is true, then it is true, period.

DC (in specific, large cities in general) disproves what you want to say, so you want to exclude the data to that effect.

I want to exclude it because, you can't make any conclusions based on one data point. What are the rates for Atlanta, Dallas and Miami, for example? If you find such a list, clue us in, please.

You were saying?

Why is GA so much more deadly than NY, NJ and MA, then? :eusa_eh:

Inside data.gov: US homicide rates by state and type | News | guardian.co.uk

Homicide rates seem more important than breaking down what type of homicide.

California, NY, Michigan, New Mexico, all have high homicide rates and are blue states.

It's not a partisan issue, homicide rates don't really have much to do with which garbage party is running it.

relevaance?

I want to exclude it because, you can't make any conclusions based on one data point What are the rates for Atlanta, Dallas and Miami, for example? If you find such a list, clue us in, please.
:cuckoo:
Like I said: if what you want to say is true, then it is true everywhere.
DC dosproves what you want to be true.
No way around it.

Since you deliberately missed what I posted, I will post it again:

Because you pointlessly choose to be a child about thuis, I shall amend my question/statements so as to remove your pendantic complaint:

Please add the underlined to any statement/question where liberals are referenced.

Do you think that liberals, in general, agree with you on these issues?

No response.
No surprise.

Forum List

Back