George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers

I applaud George Bush for visiting the soldiers

And I will applaud President Obama for doing the same next week
Obama should have visited right now.........not next week....

Oh, but Obam may be 'inconveniencing himself, for his trip' which of course isn't as important as our troops. Though the White House spokesperson was taking pains to let everyone know that it was the families, not Obama, that would choose the timing... he cares more. GW has nothing else to do, he's just hogging publicity, but forgetting to notify the photographers, but what do you expect, he's Booossshhhh?

Notice that Bush visited the wounded troops and their families that were there and did not show up with the press or photographers. He brought his wife and they did what they came to do and left.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

That is the key... it's not about the photo op.... unless your name is Obama
The press no longer follows Bush around.

It's really sad that you fucks make this into a partisan issue.

I guess you just can't help yourselves.

I promise you that if any of our former Presidents calls the press they will be instantly covered. President and Mrs Bush did something from their heart and they inadvertently upstaged Obama by not calling the press and allowing their visit to leak only after they had come and gone.

It's called love, caring, and class.

That is the key... it's not about the photo op.... unless your name is Obama
The press no longer follows Bush around.

It's really sad that you fucks make this into a partisan issue.

I guess you just can't help yourselves.

I promise you that if any of our former Presidents calls the press they will be instantly covered. President and Mrs Bush did something from their heart and they inadvertently upstaged Obama by not calling the press and allowing their visit to leak only after they had come and gone.

It's called love, caring, and class.
We know about it, don't we?

And you're still a fuck for making this into a partisan issue.

Obama only does what is politically advantageous for him.

President narcissism.

He should...he's the main reason our troops have reached their breaking point...

Notice President Obama and the Democrats supported Jim Webb's new GI Bill. The same Bill Bush and McCain opposed...they were concerned about our troops; that the Bill's provision to get an education would make it too easy for our brave soldiers not to re-enlist...

BTW, IF Bush's visit was secret, why are we AWARE of it?

they opposed it dipshit because of all the other bullshit that was stuck in there.....

McCain defends opposition to GI Bill

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) -- Sen. John McCain on Monday defended his opposition to a Democratic bill that would expand education benefits for veterans, saying it would hurt the military that he hopes to lead.

The new GI Bill being debated in Congress would expand education benefits for veterans who served at least three years in the military after the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The bill's main sponsor, Sen. Jim Webb, is a Virginia Democrat and, like McCain, a Vietnam War veteran. The Senate passed Webb's bill 75-22 last week. McCain was not in Washington for the vote.

Democrats have targeted McCain for his opposition to the Webb legislation. Watch McCain talk about the U.S. debt to veterans

Saying he takes "a back seat to no one in my affection, respect and devotion to veterans," McCain said Webb's bill would be a disincentive for service members to become noncommissioned officers, which he called "the backbone of all the services."

--------------------------

Bush Threatens to Veto Webb's GI Bill

As a bipartisan coalition of members of Congress came together with Iraq and Afghanistan veterans to press for a new GI Bill to provide full college scholarships to returning service members yesterday, the Bush Administration said no.

In a letter, Defense Secretary Gates declared his opposition: “Gates also restated long-standing Pentagon opposition to GI Bill educational benefits that are too generous, making it more likely for service members to leave the military to attend college. “Serious” retention issues are expected if benefits exceed the average monthly cost for a four-year public college, including tuition, room, board and fees, Gates said.” [Army Times, 4/30/08]
President Bush has a long record of opposing efforts to help our veterans:

* Opposed A Bigger Military Pay Raise. Last year, the Bush Administration opposed the House-passed Defense Authorization bill – objecting to a range of provisions including those that increased military pay by 3.5 percent calling it “unnecessary.” (The Administration proposed a 3 percent increase.) Ultimately, Congress enacted this increase into law.

* Opposed Ending the Disabled Veterans Tax. In 2003, President Bush threatened to veto the National Defense Authorization Act over this provision. That year, the White House was forced to drop its opposition, as Congress passed legislation that took a first step in ending the disabled military retirees.

* Opposed TRICARE for Reservists. In 2003, Secretary Rumsfeld recommended that the President veto the defense bill if TRICARE for Reserve forces was included. In 2006, the Defense bill finally included TRICARE for Reservists.

I applaud George Bush for visiting the soldiers

And I will applaud President Obama for doing the same next week

To some, Obama could do nothing right in this situation.

Some say he should have flown out immediately and that he irresponsible for not doing so.

However, if he'd gotten on AF1 and flown out immediately after the massacre, and arrived at Ft Hood during the cleanup and the investigation, he would have been in the way.

Can't do anything right.

I agree, he can't do anything right.

Well done George W. Actions speak louder than words.

"Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, visited wounded soldiers and their families near the site of the worst mass shooting on an Army post in the United States.

The Bushes made their private visit to Fort Hood's Darnall Army Medical Center on Friday night. Bush spokesman David Sherzer said in an e-mail that the couple thanked Fort Hood's military leaders and hospital staff for the "amazing care they are providing."

George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers - cbs11tv.com

Too bad he took forever to visit them at walter reed and he never, EVER went to dover. Bush sucks.

Actually you don't know that he 'never, EVER' went to Dover. You know that there was no official visit. You know that there was no media event. Other than that, you know fuck all.

Well, glad to see there is one President who care about the troops.

You really just can't help yourself sometimes, can you?

Given Obama's first performance after the tragedy, frankly that was a more than fair shot at him!

Honestly I see no reason for him to even show up on Tuesday!

Insincerity should stay home and be still.

Thank you to the Bush's for paying their respcts.

Mike

I respect Mac but if that is really his line of thinking it is idiotic.

I know a lot of NCOs who persued a university education but did not do so to become officers.

I was one.

Last edited:
They are free to set up their free government how they choose... it was not about making a puppet government....

But nice try.. leftist asshole

Not about making a puppet government? Is that why we changed their petrol currency from Euros to the USD without any input from the people of Iraq? Is that why we installed permanent military bases without any input from the people of Iraq? Who in the hell is gullible enough to believe we are letting Iraqis choose their destiny? Are you even aware it was the West that created the borders of Iraq, named the country, then proceeded to cut a chunk of it off and name it the new nation of Kuwait?

1) Helping them rebuild and get things set up.. including with their economy.. is not setting up a puppet government
2) We set up bases in Germany and Japan after we won there as well.. did not have a vote of the people there either
3) Care to bring up any more ancient history as proof of a puppet government now...??? How about some history facts from the time of the Ottoman Empire???

Rebuilding is not being done as a favor. It's a highly profitable venture (for the elite) with logistical purposes and ummmmm......have you noticed we are the ones who fucked it all up out of pure greed? War supporters are forever bringing up WW2 and the reason is they cannot defend our occupation in iraq....so they stretch for anything regardless of how silly. Do you know what we said to Iraqis when we got there and removed saddam?

You also absolutely did not understand why I brought up how the West created Iraq....and you obviously only care about defending imperialism so what's the point?

In light of this horrific event, I don't think it's appropriate to take pot-shots at Obama. Don't get me wrong: I think Obama is a walking disaster who has no idea of how to implement foreign policy that benefits the United States; but I do give him credit for giving a damn.

It does not surprise me that President Bush visited the wounded. The only reason the press found out about this was because he no longer enjoys the perks he had when he was in office. It may surprise some to know that the Bushes routinely visited wounded troops and their families in the DC area (Walter Reed, Bethesda) without fanfare because he was able to keep it from the press.

What Republicans did for the People of Iraq:

Article 2 (from the new Iraqi Constitution - supported by American Republicans):

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

51486304.jpg

You have to admit, with the help of American Republicans, Iraq has pretty much solved their "Christian Problem". Believe me, the Republicans are very proud of that success.

What the USA did for the people of Iraq:

No news is good News

You won't read it in the morning paper or see it on the evening news, but the U.S. military has dramatically - and perhaps irreversibly - turned the corner in Iraq, as the nonpartisan Brookings Institution details in it's Iraq index:

* Iraq rates forth in the region in political freedom, behind Israel, Lebanon, and Morocco.

* Under Saddam Hussein, there were no commercial TV stations and no independent newspapers; by 2006 there were 54 commercial TV stations and 268 Independent newspapers and magazines.

*Pre-war Iraq had just 833,000 telephone subscribers; today there are 17.7 million cellular and 1.3 million land line phone subscribers.

* Attacks on energy installations and personnel have fallen from 30 per month in late 2004 to one per month in 2009.

* The size of Iraqs security force has grown from 30,000 in mid 2003 to 589,000 in late 2008.

* Monthly U.S. troop fatalities that once were as high as 137 now are in the single digits and low teens.

Iraq Index - Saban Center for Middle East Policy - - Brookings Institution

Lead author of that study is a signatory participant of the PNAC who, more than once, urged Congress to continue the occupation in iraq. How the hell can a buddy of Rumsfeld, Perle, Cheney, and Wolfowitz get cited as a source? It doesn't matter what some say about BI's goal of non-partisanship because in this case it clearly doesn't exist.

What Republicans did for the People of Iraq:

Article 2 (from the new Iraqi Constitution - supported by American Republicans):

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

51486304.jpg

You have to admit, with the help of American Republicans, Iraq has pretty much solved their "Christian Problem". Believe me, the Republicans are very proud of that success.

No news is good News

You won't read it in the morning paper or see it on the evening news, but the U.S. military has dramatically - and perhaps irreversibly - turned the corner in Iraq, as the nonpartisan Brookings Institution details in it's Iraq index:

* Iraq rates forth in the region in political freedom, behind Israel, Lebanon, and Morocco.

* Under Saddam Hussein, there were no commercial TV stations and no independent newspapers; by 2006 there were 54 commercial TV stations and 268 Independent newspapers and magazines.

*Pre-war Iraq had just 833,000 telephone subscribers; today there are 17.7 million cellular and 1.3 million land line phone subscribers.

* Attacks on energy installations and personnel have fallen from 30 per month in late 2004 to one per month in 2009.

* The size of Iraqs security force has grown from 30,000 in mid 2003 to 589,000 in late 2008.

* Monthly U.S. troop fatalities that once were as high as 137 now are in the single digits and low teens.

Lead author of that study is a signatory participant of the PNAC who, more than once, urged Congress to continue the occupation in iraq. How the hell can a buddy of Rumsfeld, Perle, Cheney, and Wolfowitz get cited as a source? It doesn't matter what some say about BI's goal of non-partisanship because in this case it clearly doesn't exist.
Wow. Now Brookings is right wing?

Amazingly lame on so many levels.

They are free to set up their free government how they choose... it was not about making a puppet government....

So it was about allowing the Iraqi people to give less rights to women than they had under Saddam? Or allow the Iraqi people to have a corrupt President who will probably flee the minute a civil war erupts leading to warlords and more damage than whatever could of been done under Saddam?

I get it now! :eusa_eh:

Article 14:

Iraqis are equal before the law without discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, origin, color, religion, creed, belief or opinion, or economic and social status.

Article 14 was put there for those who want to cherry pick and live in a bubble of intellectual dishonesty. Don't believe me? Then explain how Iraqis can have equality when Islam is the official religion and the fundamental source for legislation.

No news is good News

It is amazingly lame. It is always lame when people put arguments in other people's posts they did not write. I never said the BI is right wing. Will the lame game continue or will there be a response to my actual post?

It is amazingly lame. It is always lame when people put arguments in other people's posts they did not write. I never said the BI is right wing. Will the lame game continue or will there be a response to my actual post?
Yes, your post IS lame. Logical fallacies are. The only response they deserve is to be called out for their lameness.

Not about making a puppet government? Is that why we changed their petrol currency from Euros to the USD without any input from the people of Iraq? Is that why we installed permanent military bases without any input from the people of Iraq? Who in the hell is gullible enough to believe we are letting Iraqis choose their destiny? Are you even aware it was the West that created the borders of Iraq, named the country, then proceeded to cut a chunk of it off and name it the new nation of Kuwait?

1) Helping them rebuild and get things set up.. including with their economy.. is not setting up a puppet government
2) We set up bases in Germany and Japan after we won there as well.. did not have a vote of the people there either
3) Care to bring up any more ancient history as proof of a puppet government now...??? How about some history facts from the time of the Ottoman Empire???

We don't need to go back to the Ottoman Empire...

Abd al-Karim Qasim

Qasim was Prime Minister from July 1958 - February 1963.

Qasim soon withdrew Iraq from the pro-Western Baghdad Pact and established friendly relations with the Soviet Union. Iraq also abolished its Treaty of mutual security and bilateral relations with the UK. Also, Iraq withdrew from the agreement with the United States that was signed by the monarchy from 1954 to 1955 regarding military, arms, and equipment. On May 30, 1959, the last of the British soldiers and military officers departed the al-Habbāniyya base in Iraq.

On July 26, 1958, the Interim Constitution was adopted, proclaiming the equality of all Iraqi citizens under the law and granting them freedom without regard to race, nationality, language or religion. The government freed political prisoners and granted amnesty to the Kurds who participated in the 1943 to 1945 Kurdish uprisings. The exiled Kurds returned home and were welcomed by the republican regime.

Qasim passed law No. 80 which seized 98% of Iraqi land from the British-owned Iraq Petroleum Company, and distributed farms to more of the population. This increased the size of the middle class. Qasim also oversaw the building of 35,000 residential units to house the poor and lower middle classes. The most notable example, and indeed symbol, of this was the new suburb of Baghdad named Madinat al-Thawra (revolution city), renamed Saddam City under the Baath regime and now widely referred to as Sadr City. Qasim rewrote the constitution to encourage women’s participation in the society.

An assassination attempt in 1959 by dedicated pan-Arabists including Saddam Hussein and reportedly supported by the United States, led to a harsh crackdown on domestic opposition and the development of a personality cult. Qasim was a strong opponent of British military intervention in the Middle East, and repeatedly called for the removal of foreign troops.

Qasim was overthrown by the Ba'athist coup of February 8, 1963, motivated by fear of communist influence and state control over the petroleum sector. This coup has been reported to have been carried out with the backing of the British government and the American CIA.

Well, glad to see there is one President who care about the troops.
Yep. Cared enough to send them over there, illegally, to the slaughterhouse and make the whole world hate us more than they already did.
Bravo Dubya ! Mission accomplished !

Attachments

• $emot-jerkit.gif
    $emot-jerkit.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 54

Yes, your post IS lame. Logical fallacies are. The only response they deserve is to be called out for their lameness.

I pointed out the fact the lead author is a signatory participant of the PNAC.....you know......the group most responsible for invading iraq. That is evidence the report does not come from an unbiased source.

Is this your MO? Deflection with employment of bullshit?

I pointed out the fact the lead author is a signatory participant of the PNAC.....you know......the group most responsible for invading iraq. ....
Yup. An ad hominem and logical fallacy.

Lame.

QED.

Forum List

Back