Sarah Palin's War On Coins

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
No wonder why she didn't want anyone to hear her speech last night.

Palin rallies thousands of abortion opponents - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

She then got a standing ovation from most of the crowd, but a few had begun to leave before she even finished and within seconds of her concluding, scores more got up and put on their jackets as they walked away.

In addition to the suggestion that government officials would consider hastening the death of the infirm or handicapped, she began her remarks with a puzzling commentary on the design of newly minted dollar coints.

Noting that there had been a lot of “change” of late, Palin recalled a recent conversation with a friend about how the phrase “In God We Trust” had been moved to the edge of the new coins.

“Who calls a shot like that?” she demanded. “Who makes a decision like that?”

She added: “It’s a disturbing trend.”

Unsaid but implied was that the new Democratic White House was behind such a move to secularize the nation’s currency.

But the new coins – concerns over which apparently stemmed from an email chain letter widely circulated among conservatives – were commissioned by the Republican-led Congress in 2005 and approved by President Bush.

Damn those Republicans! Now they're trying to push "In God We Trust" off our coins! That's unAmerican dammit! :evil: :rofl:

In a related note, I found the person that Sarah Palin can probably most relate to:

$elmer-fudd.gif

I remember a lady at work crying about the "In God We Trust" taken off of the Sacajewea dollars. I had to laugh, and show her it was printed around the edge of the coin.. She said she got her info from the internet. I'm not convinced that it was a republican official that made an issue of this, but, it had to be a right wingnut. I remember the capped bust half dollar had fifty cents, half dollar, printed around the edge of the coin.

Last edited:
This is why I did not vote for a Republican President

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjGX2Gdj2Y4]YouTube - President Bush threatens World War III[/ame]

Now this thing with Palin--I will wait for an encore on Saturday Night live.

Ohhhhh.....Those Waskally Wepublicans!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OAJXYRxMQg]YouTube - Lewis Black - Dick Cheney goes quail hunting!!!![/ame]

FF to 4:36 to see what Palin just did. :lol:

The rest of the article.
Palin also offered flashes of the traits that endear her to many conservatives. Offering great personal detail, she relayed the story of how she came to find out that her infant son, Trigg, had Down Syndrome. She confessed to being scared and said that she and her husband, Todd, turned to God to prepare them.

After years of advocating against abortion in theory – what she called “preaching to the choir” – Palin said she was presented with the stark reality of what to do with a special-needs baby.

“I am thankful to have been asked to walk the walk,” she said.

Palin also included a few less personal, but as compelling, flourishes in her remarks, citing Pope John Paul II (never a bad idea in a heavily-Catholic part of the country), referring to scripture (John 16:13) and noting that such feminist pioneers as Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton had opposed abortion (she called them “foremothers”).

She also demonstrated a politician’s ability to connect with a local crowd, relating that her grandmother was born in Chippewa Falls, her dad had played high school football with Packers great Jerry Kramer and, with an audience that likely watched a lot of Fox News, noted her relationship with the network’s talk show, Wisconsin native Greta Van Susteren.

Further, Palin talked with ease about the abortion issue, touting polling this year that showed a majority of the country opposing the procedure, recalling successful ad campaigns (“Choose Life”) on the issue and casting her own opposition to it in terms familiar to the movement.

Palin didn’t mention President Obama by name, but did take a shot at him for opposing an abortion-related measure as an Illinois state senator and more than once mocked his catch phrase.

"Let's talk about change we can believe in," Palin said. "Friends, a majority of Americans identify as pro life, and thank God for that."

She reserved her toughest critique for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, eliciting boos from the crowd at the mention of the speaker’s name. Palin urged Pelosi to allow House members to vote on an amendment that would bar any taxpayer funds from being used to fund abortion.

“We need to make sure she hears the message that she will held accountable if she does not let this at least come to a vote of her colleagues so they can have their voice be heard,” Palin said.

After she concluded her remarks – and presented the organization with an oversized, $1,000 check – Palin signed autographs for some of the few hundred people who surged toward the dais.

Alissa Maerzke, 12 and wearing a “Palin 2012” t-shirt, was elated that she got the former governor’s signature.

After collecting a congratulatory hug from her mom, Maerzke recounted that she asked Palin if she was going to run for president. “She just smiled,” said the girl.

In the line on the way into the event, a gentleman wearing a Harley-Davidson fleece pull-over and jeans joked to his friends that he was going to ask Palin to marry him, summing up his devotion this way: “She thinks like I do, she’s absolutely gorgeous and Democrats are afraid of her – what’s not to like?”

democrats are not afraid of her, I would love love for her to be on the 2012 ticket.

The thread title is totally wrong. Palin did not advocate what the OP says in the title. This renders this thread totally moronic and it's OP clueless.

Not totally moronic at all. The only thing moronic here is Palin.

No wonder why she didn't want anyone to hear her speech last night.

Palin rallies thousands of abortion opponents - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

She then got a standing ovation from most of the crowd, but a few had begun to leave before she even finished and within seconds of her concluding, scores more got up and put on their jackets as they walked away.

In addition to the suggestion that government officials would consider hastening the death of the infirm or handicapped, she began her remarks with a puzzling commentary on the design of newly minted dollar coints.

Noting that there had been a lot of “change” of late, Palin recalled a recent conversation with a friend about how the phrase “In God We Trust” had been moved to the edge of the new coins.

“Who calls a shot like that?” she demanded. “Who makes a decision like that?”

She added: “It’s a disturbing trend.”

Unsaid but implied was that the new Democratic White House was behind such a move to secularize the nation’s currency.

But the new coins – concerns over which apparently stemmed from an email chain letter widely circulated among conservatives – were commissioned by the Republican-led Congress in 2005 and approved by President Bush.

Damn those Republicans! Now they're trying to push "In God We Trust" off our coins! That's unAmerican dammit! :evil: :rofl:

In a related note, I found the person that Sarah Palin can probably most relate to:

View attachment 8626

I must say that it is very good to see Sarah taking on the most pressing issues of our day. You betcha!

The thread title is totally wrong. Palin did not advocate what the OP says in the title. This renders this thread totally moronic and it's OP clueless.

Palin isn't moronic, in fact she probably has a higher IQ than you or I, Dogbert.
I have no idea why the left keeps hammering away at her, I wouldn't vote for her...unless it came down to a liberal and her for the presidential election. Then I would be forced to, just like I was forced to vote for Bush twice because of Gore and Kerry of all people. The democrats really haven't been rocket scientists when nominating one of their own for the position.

Palin isn't moronic, in fact she probably has a higher IQ than you or I, Dogbert.

I have no idea why the left keeps hammering away at her, I wouldn't vote for her...unless it came down to a liberal and her for the presidential election. Then I would be forced to, just like I was forced to vote for Bush twice because of Gore and Kerry of all people. The democrats really haven't been rocket scientists when nominating one of their own for the position.
How on earth did you come to believe that? :lol:

How on earth did you come to believe that? :lol:

I'm still wondering how you can put a sentence together....but you do. :lol:

Meister

In all due respect, why do you think that? I certainly think you have a higher IQ than Palin.

I understand why people like her - she's likable, she's photogenic, people relate to her, etc. However, I wouldn't put "towering intellect" on her list of strong points. She seems to be an average person with fierce determination.

Meister

In all due respect, why do you think that? I certainly think you have a higher IQ than Palin.

I understand why people like her - she's likable, she's photogenic, people relate to her, etc. However, I wouldn't put "towering intellect" on her list of strong points. She seems to be an average person with fierce determination.

Towering intellect? I never said that. Einstein had a towering intellect. She isn't a stupid person, Toro. She does have a college degree, yes, it isn't from an Ivy League school, it is a university where she graduated, no less. She did do quite well when she was a govenor. I know the media doesn't think so, but they had to cut and edit the interviews to prove what a moron she was, Toro. Yes, she's not an elitist such as gore, and kerry, pelosi, reid, etc. But, she's not a stupid person by any litmus test you give her. When the left say that she's a moron......I guess they need to define what a moron is in their world.

Last edited:
Towering intellect? I never said that. Einstein had a towering intellect. She isn't a stupid person, Toro. She does have a college degree, yes, it isn't from an Ivy League school, it is a university where she graduated, no less. She did do quite well when she was a govenor. I know the media doesn't think so, but they had to cut and edit the interviews to prove what a moron she was, Toro. Yes, she's not an elitist such as gore, and kerry, pelosi, reid, etc. But, she's not a stupid person by any litmus test you give her. When the left say that she's a moron......I guess they need to define what a moron is in their world.

I was using the term "towering intellect" as a polite term for not being particularly bright.

Do I think she's a moron? No. I think she is a person of average intelligence. My impression of her listening to her speak is less than average intelligence but you don't become a governor by being a dumb person. There is nothing wrong with being of average intelligence. However, the single most important position on the entire planet should not be held by a person of average intelligence, in my opinion. She is one of the most influential people in the most successful political party of the past 20 years in the most important country on the planet. That is worrisome to me.

Forum List

Back