George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers

I'm not going to continue discussing iraq here.....not the right thread. Plenty of other threads on it.

What Republicans did for the People of Iraq:

Article 2 (from the new Iraqi Constitution - supported by American Republicans):

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

51486304.jpg

You have to admit, with the help of American Republicans, Iraq has pretty much solved their "Christian Problem". Believe me, the Republicans are very proud of that success.

What the USA did for the people of Iraq:

No news is good News

You won't read it in the morning paper or see it on the evening news, but the U.S. military has dramatically - and perhaps irreversibly - turned the corner in Iraq, as the nonpartisan Brookings Institution details in it's Iraq index:

* Iraq rates forth in the region in political freedom, behind Israel, Lebanon, and Morocco.

* Under Saddam Hussein, there were no commercial TV stations and no independent newspapers; by 2006 there were 54 commercial TV stations and 268 Independent newspapers and magazines.

*Pre-war Iraq had just 833,000 telephone subscribers; today there are 17.7 million cellular and 1.3 million land line phone subscribers.

* Attacks on energy installations and personnel have fallen from 30 per month in late 2004 to one per month in 2009.

* The size of Iraqs security force has grown from 30,000 in mid 2003 to 589,000 in late 2008.

* Monthly U.S. troop fatalities that once were as high as 137 now are in the single digits and low teens.

Iraq Index - Saban Center for Middle East Policy - - Brookings Institution

Lead author of that study is a signatory participant of the PNAC who, more than once, urged Congress to continue the occupation in iraq. How the hell can a buddy of Rumsfeld, Perle, Cheney, and Wolfowitz get cited as a source? It doesn't matter what some say about BI's goal of non-partisanship because in this case it clearly doesn't exist.

Are you making some lame attempt at calling these facts lies? Sorry but fact is fact regardless of where it comes from.
If there is water falling from the sky and Mr Obama says it is raining I'll probably believe even him.

What the USA did for the people of Iraq:

No news is good News

You won't read it in the morning paper or see it on the evening news, but the U.S. military has dramatically - and perhaps irreversibly - turned the corner in Iraq, as the nonpartisan Brookings Institution details in it's Iraq index:

* Iraq rates forth in the region in political freedom, behind Israel, Lebanon, and Morocco.

* Under Saddam Hussein, there were no commercial TV stations and no independent newspapers; by 2006 there were 54 commercial TV stations and 268 Independent newspapers and magazines.

*Pre-war Iraq had just 833,000 telephone subscribers; today there are 17.7 million cellular and 1.3 million land line phone subscribers.

* Attacks on energy installations and personnel have fallen from 30 per month in late 2004 to one per month in 2009.

* The size of Iraqs security force has grown from 30,000 in mid 2003 to 589,000 in late 2008.

* Monthly U.S. troop fatalities that once were as high as 137 now are in the single digits and low teens.

Iraq Index - Saban Center for Middle East Policy - - Brookings Institution

Lead author of that study is a signatory participant of the PNAC who, more than once, urged Congress to continue the occupation in iraq. How the hell can a buddy of Rumsfeld, Perle, Cheney, and Wolfowitz get cited as a source? It doesn't matter what some say about BI's goal of non-partisanship because in this case it clearly doesn't exist.

Are you making some lame attempt at calling these facts lies? Sorry but fact is fact regardless of where it comes from.
If there is water falling from the sky and Mr Obama says it is raining I'll probably believe even him.

See my above post.

The press no longer follows Bush around.

It's really sad that you fucks make this into a partisan issue.

I guess you just can't help yourselves.

I promise you that if any of our former Presidents calls the press they will be instantly covered. President and Mrs Bush did something from their heart and they inadvertently upstaged Obama by not calling the press and allowing their visit to leak only after they had come and gone.

It's called love, caring, and class.
We know about it, don't we?

And you're still a fuck for making this into a partisan issue.

Why thank you, but the Mrs is in the Hospital right now so we won't be doing that for a few days.

I'm sorry that the truth hurts.

Ame®icano;1692995 said:
Ame®icano;1692923 said:
Riiiight...

bho018.jpg

bho017.jpg

Did he make a speech? Before or after this? Did he ask them to make the flight come in at a better hour, you know in sunlight?

Yes, the press was there, he is the president and what did you hear him say during all of this?

Nothing. He sowed his respect!

By the way, great freaking pictures dude. You rock!

No speech needed, it was photo op. :lol:

ummm like dubya didnt have thousands of photo ops in his 8 years as dictator of the US...need I remind you all of the mission accomplished fiasco to which even he now regrets taking part in.

He should...he's the main reason our troops have reached their breaking point...

Notice President Obama and the Democrats supported Jim Webb's new GI Bill. The same Bill Bush and McCain opposed...they were concerned about our troops; that the Bill's provision to get an education would make it too easy for our brave soldiers not to re-enlist...

BTW, IF Bush's visit was secret, why are we AWARE of it?

they opposed it dipshit because of all the other bullshit that was stuck in there.....

Those little DEM 'add ins' are something they always forget to include when they speak of the 'new GI Bill'

So it was about allowing the Iraqi people to give less rights to women than they had under Saddam? Or allow the Iraqi people to have a corrupt President who will probably flee the minute a civil war erupts leading to warlords and more damage than whatever could of been done under Saddam?

I get it now! :eusa_eh:

Article 14:

Iraqis are equal before the law without discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, origin, color, religion, creed, belief or opinion, or economic and social status.

Article 14 was put there for those who want to cherry pick and live in a bubble of intellectual dishonesty. Don't believe me? Then explain how Iraqis can have equality when Islam is the official religion and the fundamental source for legislation.

Yeah... that is why it was put in the constitution by them :rolleyes:

You are one partisan piece of shit... blinded... purely blinded by leftist rhetoric

He should...he's the main reason our troops have reached their breaking point...

Notice President Obama and the Democrats supported Jim Webb's new GI Bill. The same Bill Bush and McCain opposed...they were concerned about our troops; that the Bill's provision to get an education would make it too easy for our brave soldiers not to re-enlist...

they opposed it dipshit because of all the other bullshit that was stuck in there.....

Those little DEM 'add ins' are something they always forget to include when they speak of the 'new GI Bill'

Then NAME 'EM...and don't forget Republican 'add ins'

Notice that Bush visited the wounded troops and their families that were there and did not show up with the press or photographers. He brought his wife and they did what they came to do and left.

With all due respect to you both, that's uncalled for. He wasn't the reason this lunatic shot these people.

Article 14:

Iraqis are equal before the law without discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, origin, color, religion, creed, belief or opinion, or economic and social status.

Article 14 was put there for those who want to cherry pick and live in a bubble of intellectual dishonesty. Don't believe me? Then explain how Iraqis can have equality when Islam is the official religion and the fundamental source for legislation.

You are one partisan piece of shit... blinded... purely blinded by leftist rhetoric

So you resort to name calling when you can't defend your claim. How original.

the hypocrisy from many on the left in this thread is astounding....

bush is a racist because he didn't go to LA fast enough for you libs....

libs politicize katrina with outright lies about bush, and its a good thing, but forbid someone make a political comment here....

The press no longer follows Bush around.

It's really sad that you fucks make this into a partisan issue.

I guess you just can't help yourselves.

I promise you that if any of our former Presidents calls the press they will be instantly covered. President and Mrs Bush did something from their heart and they inadvertently upstaged Obama by not calling the press and allowing their visit to leak only after they had come and gone.

It's called love, caring, and class.
We know about it, don't we?

And you're still a fuck for making this into a partisan issue.

whats your opinion about bush and katrina?

they are a Muslim nation for Christ sakes.....you dont think they are going to lean towards Islam when making their laws?

I pointed out the fact the lead author is a signatory participant of the PNAC.....you know......the group most responsible for invading iraq. That is evidence the report does not come from an unbiased source.

Is this your MO? Deflection with employment of bullshit?

Curve.....then show us something saying the report is BS.....it doesnt matter who the author is....IF the report is accurate....

the hypocrisy from many on the left in this thread is astounding....

bush is a racist because he didn't go to LA fast enough for you libs....

libs politicize katrina with outright lies about bush, and its a good thing, but forbid someone make a political comment here....

Well of course. Libs are hypocrites.

ummm like dubya didnt have thousands of photo ops in his 8 years as dictator of the US...need I remind you all of the mission accomplished fiasco to which even he now regrets taking part in.

do you even know what a DICTATOR is?.....tell me how Bush was a dictator please....im sure a few others here would love to hear that also....

Last edited:

exactly Dave....and you notice Bfgrn did not include that in his post....now to be fair about this the Republicans do the same with many of their bills......

So you resort to name calling when you can't defend your claim. How original.

No... YOU claimed the amendment was simply placed in there for "hose who want to cherry pick and live in a bubble of intellectual dishonesty".... Meanwhile religious scholars also agree that there is nothing that contradicts the Muslim religion (or Jewish or Christian for that matter) and equal rights....

And again.. you leftist twit.. they are free to have their own sources and setup of government...

Now if you can actually show where their 14th amendment has been thrown aside to purposely violate the rights of another, I would like to see that example....

You are simply an extremist winger who wishes to try and spout off any rhetoric they have heard in the past to try and have a jab against the REP or CON opposition or viewpoint

That simply don't cut it here

Forum List

Back