Geologists On Global Climate Change

hahahahahahaha I see you are an obsessionist. Obsessed with Fox news. I don't watch it. But hey, it's your favorite son so stick with it. Again, ask me what you want to know instead of going off half cocked on something you have no knowledge of. Ask. What? I'm not a scientist, the majority of the world isn't. What is it you are trying to say, you have no actual experiment or evidence to support your claim? Oh, I've seen that on here over and over again. So pal, just post up that there experiment that shows what 120 PPM of CO2 does to temperatures. A JC original, ask anyone on here.
Why would I ever ask anyone here anything? Are you kidding or what? And am I really supposed to take your little display of out of context, completely meaningless factoids seriously?
no more than anyone takes your fiction serious. Ok? So what now. What is it you want out of the discussion?
What fiction is that? I haven't presented any theories. I leave that all up to you scholars.
and who might they be, the ones fudging data? hahahahahahahaha
As if you or anyone else on this forum would know the difference.
I know you don't

The Geological Society of America concurs with the scientific evidence.
The Geological Society of America - Position Statement on Climate Change

Big deal. Appeals to authority are logic fails. They are pandering to the grant givers.

Not really. There are no authorities in science, only experts. But it would be stupid to rely in the expert opinion of a mechanic instead of a brain surgeon about the chances of surviving a brain tumor, and it is just as stupid to rely on the opinion of a former dj instead of one of the most prestigious Earth science organizations around on matters of climate change.

the bureaucratic panels that produce these statements are often at odds with the rank and file.

several years ago we had an argument over the executive board of the APS (?). the president used his authority to make stunning selections of non scientists in many important areas of governance. executive statements are more about political correctness than the opinions of the members.

I was wrong, it was the AGU. he put Chris Mooney on the Board of executives. a psychotic anti-Republican than makes rdean look sane by comparison. and he has no science credentials, which apparently doesnt matter if you're on the warmers' side

The GSA is not the AGU. The former is the topic here.

There's really no point in presenting facts and logic to the hardcore deniers. Such conspiracy cultists weren't reasoned into their beliefs, so they can't be reasoned out of them.

Deniers embrace denialism for the emotional comfort it gives them, the warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to a cult that gives them all the answers and removes any need to think. To get such creatures of emotion to leave their cult, we have to make it emotionally painful for them to remain, and we do that through laughter and mockery.
what is it deniers deny?

What is it you deniers don't deny?

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University has policy statement that state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. In the meantime, Ernie has obese junkies on the AM radio, fake British Lords, and undegreed ex-TV weathermen.

Problem is, it is not just weather records that are being presented. We have the thawing of the arctic, the shrinking North Polar Ice Cap, the Ice Caps of Greenland and Antarctica losing billions of tons of ice per year, and almost all of our alpine glaciers in rapid retreat. GHGs in the atmosphere are at a level unseen for millions of years. But the deniars just continue to state that nothing is happening.
where is the ice cap shrinking? on earth? prove it.

There's really no point in presenting facts and logic to the hardcore deniers. Such conspiracy cultists weren't reasoned into their beliefs, so they can't be reasoned out of them.

Deniers embrace denialism for the emotional comfort it gives them, the warm fuzzy feeling of belonging to a cult that gives them all the answers and removes any need to think. To get such creatures of emotion to leave their cult, we have to make it emotionally painful for them to remain, and we do that through laughter and mockery.
what is it deniers deny?

me, a denier? since when? How is it you get there?

what is it deniers deny?

Gee, a denier denying his denial. How quaint.

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University has policy statement that state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. In the meantime, Ernie has obese junkies on the AM radio, fake British Lords, and undegreed ex-TV weathermen.

Problem is, it is not just weather records that are being presented. We have the thawing of the arctic, the shrinking North Polar Ice Cap, the Ice Caps of Greenland and Antarctica losing billions of tons of ice per year, and almost all of our alpine glaciers in rapid retreat. GHGs in the atmosphere are at a level unseen for millions of years. But the deniars just continue to state that nothing is happening.

pretty video. what was the point of it. The arctic is full of ice today?

what is it deniers deny?

a what? The only thing I deny personally is that you know anything. I can deny that all day. Not sure what it is you think I might deny beyond that. What is it? Can you name it?

Watch 28 Years of Old Arctic Ice Disappear in One Minute Climate Central

what is it deniers deny?

a what? The only thing I deny personally is that you know anything. I can deny that all day. Not sure what it is you think I might deny beyond that. What is it? Can you name it?

nice movie, who played in it?

what is it deniers deny?

I am quite the man. Thanks, I believe in logic, you should try it sometime.

PeeWee Herman!!!!!!

PeeWee Herman!!!!!!

This is a classic example of a forum troll. He asks for clarification of the video. And when given that clarification, he grabs his man thing and thinks of Pee Wee Herman. Do you think you will ever join the grown ups in this conversation?

Big deal. Appeals to authority are logic fails. They are pandering to the grant givers.

Not really. There are no authorities in science, only experts. But it would be stupid to rely in the expert opinion of a mechanic instead of a brain surgeon about the chances of surviving a brain tumor, and it is just as stupid to rely on the opinion of a former dj instead of one of the most prestigious Earth science organizations around on matters of climate change.

Yeah sure. The fact remains that a geologist, or a physicist, or a chemist has a better foundation in the real world than any climatologist will ever have. Thus, the claim that a chemist, or a physicist can't possibly understand the special "science" that climatologists present is ridiculous on its face.

They aren't special, and the sad fact is based on very recent example they suck so bad at math that I wouldn't take anything they say as gospel, to include what they had to eat for lunch, without an investigation first.

Pretty video. What does it look like now?

Yeah sure. The fact remains that a geologist, or a physicist, or a chemist has a better foundation in the real world than any climatologist will ever have. Thus, the claim that a chemist, or a physicist can't possibly understand the special "science" that climatologists present is ridiculous on its face.

They aren't special, and the sad fact is based on very recent example they suck so bad at math that I wouldn't take anything they say as gospel, to include what they had to eat for lunch, without an investigation first.

Except there was no mention above of chemists or physicists Are you having a spas attack? Because you've been a denier like forever, and now it seems that you are saying that you agree with the GSA's position. How strange is that?

Forum List

Back