'Generation Gimme': Can We or Should We Afford Them?

'Generation Gimme': Can We Or Should We Afford Them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are Millions & Millions of Citizens who are members of 'Generation Gimme.' It's a pretty huge percentage of our population. And it's obvious we cannot support them. The Gravy Train derailed a long time ago. So what's next? What are these people gonna do?

Divesting the wealthy and the wealth creators of everything they have and redistributing it to the worthless class isnt enough.

Once the worthless have frittered away their lottery winnings they are back to being poor. Have nots in a world of haves. Therefore the wealthy have to keep producing to satisfy the worthless. They can't just give them money and go away. It never ends. At some point the weed is gone, the organic food gone to maggots, they need MORE. And more and more.

Thinking these demands aren't permanent is too optimistic. If anything they will grow. We have a group of people dedicated to doing nothing in exchange for everything.

wow talk about class warfare.

You hate the vast majority of American workers and worship the wealthy.

Do you know that the wealthy have been shown in every study of morals to care less about their fellow man than any other group?

You must be a wealthy spoiled decendent of the monied class.

I can tell due to your complete lack of compassion for your fellow man

I personally have no compassion for my fellow man. THe wealthy though, have a great deal. The great hospitals with their state of the art specialization wings, gifts from the very wealthy. The charitable foundations founded and supported by the wealthy. There isn't a single fortune 500 company that does not have a scholarship program for students (gotta get good grades though) to go to college. Not only people, but charities that support animals. Show me a public no-kiill shelter? Yet private wealthy individuals set up state of the art no-kill shelters. All of the wild life rescue centers are supported by wealthy patrons. Make a Wish, Ronald McDonald House, St Jude's CHildren's Hospital, CIty of Hope. Not one would exist without the very wealthy. Not one of these hospitals asks for payment either. Cedars of Sinai Hospital covers several city blocks. Each wing is a gift from and supported by some wealthy family or other.

The wealthy do a hell of a lot.

Now, take your average big lotto winner. Say ten to 15 million dollars. Wouldn't you think that for a poor person this would be a lifetime of money? No. They are as bad off if not worse within five years of collecting their winnings. Drugs and gambling take up a whole lot. Just throwing it around gets the rest. Poor again, within five years. That's the mind of poverty, endlessly searching for it. Some having wasted fortunes just commit suicide.

No I am not the descendant of the wealthy monied class. I have worked, very hard, at jobs no OWS would take. I have no sympathy, or compassion, whatsoever, for the poor with a hand out. No matter how bad I have had it, and I have had it bad, the only time I put my hand out was to take up a broom or a mop or a scrub bucket. Everything I have I have clawed out. I have nothing but contempt for anyone who isn't wiling to do the same.

I mean that with all sincerity, NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT.

Actually asswipe,, the "gimmies generation" would include the 50% who pay Zero in federal income tax and still yell "gimmie" that should be quite obvious to ewe.

Asswipe? LOL.

What's the matter Willow, did I hurt your feelings? Strike a chord that actually woke your old-ass up maybe?

ROFL.

Let me reply to your feeble comment with this:

Payroll Tax
Sales Tax
Sin Tax
Gas Tax
Etc.
Etc.

And don't go bitching about how the rich have to pay those too in addition to income tax, because we all know the cap on payroll tax makes it about 6% for poor folk and .06% for rich folk, as well as several other factors that make these taxes hurt the poor more than the rich.

But be that as it may, and even if the 50% figure is accurate, which is in quite a bit of doubt...

How exactly do you blame what this moronic thread is calling "Generation Gimme" for creating so many ways to avoid paying taxes that 50% of the populace doesn't have to pay taxes???

As far as I know, NONE of the members of "Generation Gimme" were responsible for the awful tax system we currently have in place.

We all pay the above shit you try to deflect with and then 50% of us pay FEDERAL income tax.. the 50% of the ones who don't are the leecher gimmmie gimmmies.. you betcha.
No kiddin'. Don't pay a RED CENT...and still get a check back...:eusa_whistle:

you sound "butt hurt" wassamatter? can't stand the truth?

What "truth"? That 90% of Americans are "lazy" and "worthless"?

No, I don't believe that to be a truth. But apparently you do.

Tell me Willow:

Why do you hate America so much?

There are Millions & Millions of Citizens who are members of 'Generation Gimme.' It's a pretty huge percentage of our population. And it's obvious we cannot support them. The Gravy Train derailed a long time ago. So what's next? What are these people gonna do?

Seems to me that "Generation Gimme" are the old people that spent all the Social Security and Medicare money on their own bullshit, and are now happy to let the younger generations pay for their retirement, even though those younger generations will never see a red cent of the money they're putting in.

So, when do we cut the old folks off? Those leeches.

Seems to me that "Generation Gimme" are the old people that spent all the Social Security and Medicare money on their own bullshit, and are now happy to let the younger generations pay for their retirement, even though those younger generations will never see a red cent of the money they're putting in.

So, when do we cut the old folks off? Those leeches.

Older generations were taught about work-ethic and personal responsibility. Our People waved bye bye to that a long time ago. Now it's all about blaming anyone but yourself for being a failure. But it doesn't matter anyway because the Gravy Train has derailed. We just can't afford 'Generation Gimme.' That's just reality.

No kiddin'. Don't pay a RED CENT...and still get a check back...:eusa_whistle:

Yes, obviosly deductions didn't exist back in the "Good old days".

You know, back in the days when the high end tax rate was 90%, and everyone obviously paid their fair share.

Yes, the rich folks and the old folks sure have hard lives these days.

Obviously those young folks are just living it up.

Older Americans Have 47 Times More Wealth Than the Young

A new analysis by the Pew Research Center shows a widening age gap when it comes to wealth: In 2009, a typical household headed by an adult aged 65 or older had 47 times more net wealth than its counterpart headed by someone younger than 35. That’s a median of $170,494 versus $3,662. In 1984, that gap was $120,457 versus $11,521—a 10-to-one ratio—but between 1984 and 2009, wealth was rising for households headed by older adults while falling for households headed by younger adults.

Yeah, those young people are just living high on the fucking hog.

Older generations were taught about work-ethic and personal responsibility. Our People waved bye bye to that a long time ago. Now it's all about blaming anyone but yourself for being a failure. But it doesn't matter anyway because the Gravy Train has derailed. We just can't afford 'Generation Gimme.' That's just reality.

So, what, you're just going to keep repeating yourself, changing the words slightly each time to fit the response?

You should learn to lay off the Orwell. Repetition of your point does not make it true.

There are three types of people in this world: Looters, paracites, and producers.

The looters are the politicians, mostly Democrat that loot money from the producers to give to the paracites in return for thier votes.

I see no difference between the Democrats and Republicans when it comes to looting from the taxpayers.

If you look at it that way you are right. but it is the Democrat party mostly that takes from the producers and gives to the paracites. You can't tell me that the GOP gives taxpayer dollars to help welfare brood mares now can you?

No the baby mamas are mainly the Dems, although we had a Republican Congress and White House for six years the last decade and they made no effort to scale back the welfare state. In fact, they expanded it.

Welfare doesn't just go to the baby mamas either. The Republicans just love their farm subsidies, their steered tax exemptions, their oil subsidies, their corporate welfare, their military earmarks to their homes districts, etc. just as much as the Democrats.

So, what, you're just going to keep repeating yourself, changing the words slightly each time to fit the response?

You should learn to lay off the Orwell. Repetition of your point does not make it true.
It appears Orwell was a few years off...:eusa_whistle:

More true than what you believe are points you're making. lol! Still stumbling & bumbling huh? Can't think of a point huh? You represent 'Generation Gimme' perfectly. When in doubt,just blame someone else for being a failure.

At some point hard decisions are gonna have to be made. The Well's run dry. 'Generation Gimme' got to the well too late.

The decisions aren't going to be made until the collapse takes place. Until you see a situation where we literally become what Greece is today, there will be no serious attempts to address this. We are not proactive people; we are reactive. We wait until the shit hits the fan and then run around pointing fingers at each other even though we all knew the whole fucking time it was going to happen.

More true than what you believe are points you're making. lol! Still stumbling & bumbling huh? Can't think of a point huh? You represent 'Generation Gimme' perfectly. When in doubt,just blame someone else for being a failure.

Perhaps the problem is that you have failed to define exactly who you're talking about. He is correct. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over while being consistently vague. Any living generation in this country could fit your generalization.

You don't even have a point, you have a bunch of imagined complaints about younger generations.

You're like the old man sitting on his front porch, everyday, yelling at the neighborhood kids:

"Damn kids! You don't know how good you have it! Why back in my day we had to walk 12 miles to school, in a blizzard, uphill both ways! Now get off my yard!"

I think you're repeating yourself due to senility, old man. I have some good news for you though, I hear there are some promising new stem-cell treatments that are in the works to help you fight off the Alzheimer's.

At some point hard decisions are gonna have to be made. The Well's run dry. 'Generation Gimme' got to the well too late.

The decisions aren't going to be made until the collapse takes place. Until you see a situation where we literally become what Greece is today, there will be no serious attempts to address this. We are not proactive people; we are reactive. We wait until the shit hits the fan and then run around pointing fingers at each other even though we all knew the whole fucking time it was going to happen.

Yeah, I think we're all in agreement here. It's gonna be really shitty if nothing is done about it.

Spot On. It's sad and true.

Indeed. The measures to be proactive have to be austere...there's no way around it. It's start now...or try to clean up a mess after the fact that WE might not have the tools to handle.

The politicians on both sides have gotten so used to erect window dressings and facades as common practice for thier own re-elections that very few are willing to play straight.

No matter what happens...we are in a world of hurt...less if we start dialing back NOW...and unrecoverable if we let it collapse all together if the facades and 1/2 measures and bickering continues.

MOST of us know what needs to be done....Government refuses so far to do it.

Indeed. The measures to be proactive have to be austere...there's no way around it. It's start now...or try to clean up a mess after the fact that WE might not have the tools to handle.

The politicians on both sides have gotten so used to erect window dressings and facades as common practice for thier own re-elections that very few are willing to play straight.

No matter what happens...we are in a world of hurt...less if we start dialing back NOW...and unrecoverable if we let it collapse all together if the facades and 1/2 measures and bickering continues.

MOST of us know what needs to be done....Government refuses so far to do it.

I'm in total agreement. There's a hell of a lot that has to be cut, and someone needs to have the balls to do it.

I only differ in that I feel cuts alone will not be enough. We need to increase revenue too, as much as we are loath to do it.

Freeze or cut the spending. Do that now or do that later but it will have to be done at some point. Now it's only a question of how much worse are they gonna let it get before they do it.

Forum List

Back