General: Worst U.S. Image In Pakistan Ever...

I don't recall any criticism of Bush for drone attacks

Could you post some?

No. But if you want to have a selective memory,that's fine with me. It is a Message Board after all. :)

My selective memory only recalls articles written in amazement over the new technology of using drones armed with hellfire missiles. I never saw any condemning Bush for using them

What does your selective memory say?

Seriously,it's cool. Some people have to delude themselves with selective memories. We're all guilty of it from time to time. It's the nature of Message Boards. The phony Left did rip Bush daily on Drone Attacks and all sorts of other things. And now these same people are the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in this country. I will never trust the "Anti-War Left" ever again. I'm not accusing you of such dishonesty personally though. Just making an observation.

Frankly I wonder how we get away with killing Pakistanis at will with bombing campaigns and military incursions. LBJ and Nixon were vilified for entering Cambodia during the VietNam debacle but Barry seems to get a pass for everything. Maybe the media gives him a break because he is so dumb.

You do know that it was GWB who initiated the drone attacks don't you and like with "Barry", GWB also largely got passes and rightfully so.

lol! No offense but this is pretty funny. GWB did not get a pass on anything. He was viciously ripped by the phony Left for drone attacks. In fact that's all CNN & NBC could rant about when Bush was in there. Now these same people are the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in the country. That's why i can't trust the "Anti-War Left" anymore. Bush actually didn't get any passes and especially not from the MSM.

Right, right, except for every single one of the so called liberal media who were cheerleading right along with the Administration as they propagandized their way into Iraq. Still it took years of the occupation debacle before any one of the major media began to criticize the invasion and/or occupation. I think many of the same people who opposed the use of drones then still oppose their use now.

To be sure many partisans will attack the opposition no matter what they do.

You do know that it was GWB who initiated the drone attacks don't you and like with "Barry", GWB also largely got passes and rightfully so.

lol! No offense but this is pretty funny. GWB did not get a pass on anything. He was viciously ripped by the phony Left for drone attacks. In fact that's all CNN & NBC could rant about when Bush was in there. Now these same people are the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in the country. That's why i can't trust the "Anti-War Left" anymore. Bush actually didn't get any passes and especially not from the MSM.

Right, right, except for every single one of the so called liberal media who were cheerleading right along with the Administration as they propagandized their way into Iraq. Still it took years of the occupation debacle before any one of the major media began to criticize the invasion and/or occupation. I think many of the same people who opposed the use of drones then still oppose their use now.

Again,more selective memory. It only makes you feel better about supporting bombing & killing all around the World. Because now it's your guy doing the bombing & killing. Seriously,it's cool. It's what politics is mostly about. It's about winning at all costs. 'Party before Country' is the way these days for both parties. I didn't mean for my observation to be a personal insult to you. I don't know where you stood on anything in the past. I'm just speaking about my own experiences. So please continue on enjoying your 'BOMBS AWAY!" fun. I wont try and spoil that for you. Take care.

No. But if you want to have a selective memory,that's fine with me. It is a Message Board after all. :)

My selective memory only recalls articles written in amazement over the new technology of using drones armed with hellfire missiles. I never saw any condemning Bush for using them

Seriously,it's cool. Some people have to delude themselves with selective memories. We're all guilty of it from time to time. It's the nature of Message Boards. The phony Left did rip Bush daily on Drone Attacks and all sorts of other things. And now these same people are the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers in this country. I will never trust the "Anti-War Left" ever again. I'm not accusing you of such dishonesty personally though. Just making an observation.

Bush got a free pass on Afghanistan from the liberal press, the liberal populace and liberal message board posters. That included the use of drones to attack suspected terrorists. Media coverage at the time was amazed at the technology and did not condemn their use

Bush got a free pass on Afghanistan from the liberal press, the liberal populace and liberal message board posters. That included the use of drones to attack suspected terrorists. Media coverage at the time was amazed at the technology and did not condemn their use

The Left ripped everything he did and that included Drone Attacks. You don't want to remember that,then so be it. That's a common practice once your own guys get the power. Nothing ever changes. That's Politics.

The Left ripped everything he did and that included Drone Attacks. You don't want to remember that,then so be it. That's a common practice once your own guys get the power. Nothing ever changes. That's Politics.

Complete nonsense

Bush had an 82% approval rating after 9-11. He had bipartisan support to do whatever he thought needed to be done to catch the bad guys. His support didnt begin to evaporate until he diverted the war on terror and attacked Iraq

Again,more selective memory. It only makes you feel better about supporting bombing & killing all around the World. Because now it's your guy doing the bombing & killing. Seriously,it's cool. It's what politics is mostly about. It's about winning at all costs. 'Party before Country' is the way these days for both parties. I didn't mean for my observation to be a personal insult to you. I don't know where you stood on anything in the past. I'm just speaking about my own experiences. So please continue on enjoying your 'BOMBS AWAY!" fun. I wont try and spoil that for you. Take care.

I, like most Americans, supported the Bush administration in the effort to take the to fight al Queda until they all die or surrender. I support the Obama administration in that same effort. But that has little to do with the fact that the MSM played the role of Bush Cheerleader and was instrumental in convincing the American sheeple that Saddam was a "grave" and "imminant" threat.

I'm not sure how you pole vaulted that position into support for all things in President Obama's foriegn polcies but, whatever. You take care as well.

Last edited:
Is diplomacy going to root out embedded terrorist cells that are supported by the Pakistan government? I don't think so. That is what those billions of dollars in US aid was supposed to do. Allow the US to fund the Pakistan military in cleaning out the terrorist cells.

I supported that policy up until I saw Osama bin Laden living happily and unmolested in a major city in Pakistan

So War with Pakistan? No thanks. We've had enough War. You were on the right track when you suggested eliminating their aid. I mean how long are they supposed to accept us killing their people on a daily basis? So lets just eliminate the aid and get the Hell out of there. We already won over there. Nothing more to be gained.

Even Pakistan is not stupid enough to engage in war with the US. The terrorists in their midst are a direct threat to US and worldwide security. We will continue with drone strikes and special forces attacks until we are satisfied that threat is eliminated

If Pakistan does not like it, I am not concerned

Sad you're only concerned about innocent ppl being killed based on what stretch of land they were born on.

I remember when democrats pretended they did give a damn about innocents being killed, sad is was solely for political reasons and every word of it a downright lie.

I've found that the 'Bombs Away!!' cheerleading mentality is always more popular when your own guys are in there doing the bombing & killing. When the other guys are doing it,it's all about it being such awful "War Crimes." Look at who the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers are in this country these days. They're all the same people who supposedly hated War and sent Saddam Hussein all those 'Human Shields.' This stuff is always about 'Party before Country' in the end. I know some like to deny that but it is reality. Lets just bring our money and our troops home. It's time.

Last edited:
I've found that the 'Bombs Away!!' cheerleading mentality is always more popular when your own guys are in there doing the bombing & killing. When the other guys are doing it,it's all about it being such awful "War Crimes." Look at who the biggest Chickenhawk Warmongers are in this country these days. They're all the same people who supposedly hated War and sent Saddam Hussein all those 'Human Shields.' This stuff is always about 'Party before Country' in the end. I know some like to deny that but it is reality. Lets just bring our money and our troops home. It's time.

Strange......I've always cheered terrorists being killed regardless of who was President

Frankly, I think you've made up your own mind that anyone who opposed the Bush Administrations invasion and occupation of Iraq, naturally opposed the action in Afghanistan and always supports any mililtary Action by the Obama Administration.

Yes, lets bring most of our money and most of our troops home.

Forum List

Back