"General Betray-Us" Pretty Lame

It was widely reported, RGS. I guess you missed it.

He was elected in 2000, assumed office in 2001, so other than playing word games, put up or shut up. The earliest Bush could have cut VA benefits is 2001, thus a starting point of 2000 as a base.

Either prove your claim or slink off to some other thread.

I'll find it for you if you can find anything to dispute what I have said here. Your word is not good enough for me. It was YOU that made these so-called claims so back it up with whatever you have.

W has built his end game on this "Rock" his faithful general. W needed a puppet. Someone to support him for the next 16 months. He has one. It is very appropriate that a son of Hellas has committed himself to the task of seeing this great tragedy to its inevitable end.

Just what should be done here? Should we step up the killing of innocents in the pursuit of a bunch of bad guys who are going to be picking through our scrap metal leavenings long after the infantry is gone. There is no good end to this thing. There we stand with a full nest of hornets and the Sauds, the Turks, the Iranians, the Syrians and ever so quietly the Jordanians are laughing their asses off. And all the while, oil is being smuggled out and goods smuggled in. I say smuggled, but it is really business as usual with a break or two to blow up some 19 year old American along with a line of police recruits.

Surge or not, this adventurism has been a half ass affair from the top. A very fine armored and infantry army has been sent into an unpredictable hell and they have heroically soldiered on as sworn and trained. They are ill used and ill cared for in the aftermath. They have been ill supplied and worn down with endless rotations and very few replacements.

Who is at fault here? It is those name calling REMFs, and chickenhawks who are to good to volunteer or send their sons. There is a stink of shame on all who are not pushing for an end to this now or pushing for an overwhelming intervention of boots on the ground. Either way we are fated to be called the most evil bastards on the planet for several generations.

I AM

You can't provide anything other than a partisan site as your "proof"? No link to budgets? No link to VA benefits before and after? How hard can it be? These are public records, available to any one.

Yet you can not provide a single one to support your claim?

Lotsa links there, ignorant one.

You can't provide anything other than a partisan site as your "proof"? No link to budgets? No link to VA benefits before and after? How hard can it be? These are public records, available to any one.

Yet you can not provide a single one to support your claim?

You don't expect me to do your research for you, do you? Your question. Not mine.

2,000? You are so obsessed!!!!!!!!!!

I asked you for actual numbers to verify your claims, you get all chicken shit and want to put us in a completely different era and you have the nerve to ask me to "DIG IT?"

What a complete waste of time you are. Do you remember what happened yesterday? I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are flat wrong in saying that Bush reduced vet benefits, he did reduce vet medical funding which is what happened to Walter Reed.

all you tender hearted souls, that the General has carried that onerous title for several years. It was bestowed by his troopies in the 101st.

It is just amazing what a bunch of cry babies you patriots of convenience become when you think you have a bloody shirt to wave. Your desperation is fetid and wearying.

History will note what a traitorous rabble you were with your support of the high crimes and misdemeanors of this crutched up lame duck administration.

Indeed.

I AM

all you tender hearted souls, that the General has carried that onerous title for several years. It was bestowed by his troops in the 101st.

It is just amazing what a bunch of cry babies you patriots of convenience become when you think you have a bloody shirt to wave. Your desperation is fetid and wearying.

History will note what a traitorous rabble you were with your support of the high crimes and misdemeanors of this crutched up lame duck administration.

Indeed.

I AM

:eusa_doh:

If he has committed a high crime and misdemeanor, then it is the Democrats duty to start impeachment proceedings...

Wonder why they haven't??

Yes, I wish they would, then we can be assured a Republican majority in 2008.

I hear ya...

As for this ad by move-on and then the vote on censure of it..(Hillary voted no, and Obama didn't take the time to vote)
I believe this was a HUGE GIFT for the Republicans running for President...
We'll be seeing this ad a whole lot more....

Thank you move-on...:clap2:

Surely he didn't reduce medical funding as the VA Hospitals were being overwhelmed by the Iraq/Afghanistan Veterans?

You are flat wrong in saying that Bush reduced vet benefits, he did reduce vet medical funding which is what happened to Walter Reed.

Tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do the troops feel about that?

Months ago, before the MoveOn ad, rightwing hero Rush Limbaugh called US Senator and Vietnam Veteran Chuck Hagel, "Senator Betrayus"

Let the howls of rightwing outrage begin:

On September 10, MoveOn.org's much-discussed advertisement headlined "General Petraeus or General Betray Us?" critical of Gen. David Petraeus, appeared in The New York Times. On the September 11 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh called the advertisement "contemptible" and "indecent." However, months earlier, on his radio show, he told his audience that he had a new name for Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE): "Senator Betrayus." [Ed. note: Senator Hagel served in Vietnam and has two purple hearts]

On the January 25 broadcast (subscription required) of his radio show, Limbaugh broke from his commentary on an interview of Vice President Dick Cheney on the January 24 edition of CNN's The Situation Room to say: "By the way, we had a caller call, couldn't stay on the air, got a new name for Senator Hagel in Nebraska, we got General Petraeus and we got Senator Betrayus, new name for Senator Hagel." A day earlier, Hagel had sided with Democrats on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in voting to approve a nonbinding resolution declaring that Bush's escalation in Iraq was against "the national interest."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709220003

Damn are republicans all sissies, curious why there wasn't such strong feeling when the 'right' pilloried Kerry, McCain, Murtha, and Cleland. Real soldiers who actually served the country.

And the right has that brave, heroic 4F Dickie and that tough Texan pilot aka 'MIA Dumya.'

LOL

Forum List

Back