President Bush begins pulling troops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
  2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    That will never, ever happen. To admit that we are winning or even COULD win would be catastrophic for at least one political ideology.

3. Ruby

Ruby Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    What crap! It dosent say he is pulling troops, its a bullshit statement that he will reccommend we reduce by 30,000 9 months from now and ONLY IF we can. So its a well we MIGHT do it later IF we can. Wouldnt that just take back the "surge" troops and still keep the original amounts of soldiers there? So maybe in 9 months we wont have to keep up to surge levels, but of course we DONT know that we can but IF we can we will......

Actually the article highlights for me that the whitehouse realizes that the majority of the US public are AGAINST the war and they need to be appeased. So lets make a non-binding statement saying there is a possiblity in the near future ....

He really said nothing but made a statement in hopes of pacifying the public.

From your link

Its the same ol thing in american politics...maybe soon, if conditions permit, we could possibly.....in other words, SAYS NOTHING.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Appeasing the public is not just Bush's perview. For all the rhetoric about pulling out the troops, the Dems/libs have been awful reluctant to cut of the funding. Guess they are not as comitted to their "principles" as they profess to be.

5. Ruby

Ruby Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32

Now you are just creating a strawman...when did I ever say that democrats werent responsible for this mess as well?

My point is that the title of all this is misleading...he isnt beginning to pull troops at all...he only said he MIGHT start in 9 months IF the situation warrants...in other words NOTHING. He said nothing definitive nor binding and it equates to hot air.

I also said he is doing this because the whitehouse (the bush admin) realize that the MAJORITY of the american public do not agree with the war or the troops continued presence there SO he is trying to appease the public while NOT actually doing what they want. I would also guess this is to help his partners in crime...the democrats who are also feeling the pressure of not coming through on the platform that got so many of them elected last time.

Spare me the partisan garbage, I cant stand the democrats or republicans...they both answer to the same corrupt puppet masters.

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I dunno but I didn't think my comment was partisan. If you have read some of my posts, you would know that I abhor politicians.

7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    There are doctors and medication that helps with delusional paranoia Ruby.

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    To be fair, Ruby's comment is pretty straightforward. Politicians (yes even the President) do this crap all the time.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    However it is delusional to believe that some secret society runs all politicians no matter the party. Which is what she said ( ok she said republican and democrat, but that is just as ludicrous as all)

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I didn't get that from her post but then I haven't been following until today so maybe I missed something. I have no doubt that both the Dems and the Repubs have "secret" strategy meetings. I don't think I would categorize that as a secret society however.

The only "secret" that I believe runs all politicians is the secret lust for power. They may not start out that way but they all sure seem to end up that way!