Gee Who Would Think Recruitments Would Be Met?

you should be quite proud! I pray for their safety.

I am indeed proud of them; not only because they are my sons but because they are two of the finest young men I know...bar none.

They are both some awesome baby killing, war mongering neocons too!:rolleyes:

I don't think I ever stated or implied that recruitment numbers equated to support/nonsupport for the action in Iraq.

I do believe that RETENTION numbers (those renlisting) may suggest something about what the troops think (beyond the reenlistment incentives....believe me, if a soldier believes something is against his principles, no amount of money will entice him to re-enlist).

It wasn't you who implied that... was the implication of the thread... hence my initial point.

I'm sure you're correct about re-enlistment numbers. I also have no doubt that had the military had a CinC who gave a thought to exit strategy and listened to the State Department assessments of what would happen if Saddam were deposed and planned accordingly, the military would have kicked butt...

I am indeed proud of them; not only because they are my sons but because they are two of the finest young men I know...bar none.

like father, like son

By the way, the Navy son is a fine example of manhood of whom I am also very proud and the 4th (the youngest) makes me just as proud as the other three...he's the one on is way to being filthy rich. I plan on moving in with him in my old age so he can support me in the stle which I hope to be accustomed to (once I move in that is).

It wasn't you who implied that... was the implication of the thread... hence my initial point.

I'm sure you're correct about re-enlistment numbers. I also have no doubt that had the military had a CinC who gave a thought to exit strategy and listened to the State Department assessments of what would happen if Saddam were deposed and planned accordingly, the military would have kicked butt...

Make no mistake, the military DOES kick butt! We can hardly hold them accountable for decisions made by their civilian leadership.

By the way, the Navy son is a fine example of manhood of whom I am also very proud and the 4th (the youngest) makes me just as proud as the other three...he's the one on is way to being filthy rich. I plan on moving in with him in my old age so he can support me in the stle which I hope to be accustomed to (once I move in that is).

Know that you are always welcome in maine...the beer is cold, the whisky is old and the lobsters are plentiful.

We could watch Navy kick Army's ass again in football!

Know that you are always welcome in maine...the beer is cold, the whisky is old and the lobsters are plentiful.

We could watch Navy kick Army's ass again in football!

Don't like lobsta...gave up drinking because you are only allowed a certain allocation and I drank all mine and someone else's too, so am not allowed anymore. But You could listen to me rant about swabbies, wing nuts, jarheads and other assorted wimps.

Bah, the Navy only wins because it's the only chance they ever get to get a bit of dirt on their uniforms....and we let them so they wont feel bad.

They raised the age limits for specifically the Army up to 40 can now join, previously the cut off was 35.

This may remain even after the war is over, I think it is more a testament to the longevity of health than it is a desperation ploy. But then I think that service is one of the highest callings and would not trade the years I was in (First Iraqi conflict) at all.

They raised the age limits for specifically the Army up to 40 can now join, previously the cut off was 35.

This may remain even after the war is over, I think it is more a testament to the longevity of health than it is a desperation ploy. But then I think that service is one of the highest callings and would not trade the years I was in (First Iraqi conflict) at all.

Actually, the age limit is 35 still but now over that can be waivered to age 40. You are correct that it may remain even after the war as this particular aspect was under discussion even before I retired.

I am sorry, I shall henceforth try not to ever link to anything... I mean we have a poll even now demanding someone be censored for the affront of linking to outside sources...

I assume all you Liberals will also stop this gross dereliction and evil practice of Plagerism right away...

In the Future we all will just have to agree that everyone is a liar anyway ( see Mainemans definition of a lie) and just argue without links.

Can you read through the tears you must be crying this morning?

Polls show your party in the toilet, a poll showing Dems do want to lose in Iraq, and now the Dem Congress bows to Pres Bush on their surrender bill

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/05/24/672280.html&cvqh=itn_iraqcompromise

I am quite pleased. YOur reading of the polls continues to be inaccurate and deliberately slanted. however badly the public views the democrats, it is pleasing to know they think much less of the republicans. Bush has got until september to pull a rabbit out of the hat in Iraq or his own party will bail on him. It's a good morning in America!

I am quite pleased. YOur reading of the polls continues to be inaccurate and deliberately slanted. however badly the public views the democrats, it is pleasing to know they think much less of the republicans. Bush has got until september to pull a rabbit out of the hat in Iraq or his own party will bail on him. It's a good morning in America!

Keep denying the polls that show Dems have no desire to win in Iraq

You can't say I am slanting the rants and anger from the reaction of the Dems base

Keep denying the polls that show Dems have no desire to win in Iraq

You can't say I am slanting the rants and anger from the reaction of the Dems base

the democratic "base" as you call it is just fine with the course of these negotiations. The democratic base is labor and teachers and lawyers.... not hippies and peaceniks. And go to the RSR poll thread and actually have a conversation with me about that poll you talk about.... I dare you.

the democratic "base" as you call it is just fine with the course of these negotiations. The democratic base is labor and teachers and lawyers.... not hippies and peaceniks. And go to the RSR poll thread and actually have a conversation with me about that poll you talk about.... I dare you.

Those peace niks vote in primaries and in the general election

and they are not happy

They could go with a antiwar third party in Nov 08

That would be perfect

Forum List

Back