Gee Who Would Think Recruitments Would Be Met?

Are you serious? It was in the news , it was several liberal members of Congress doing a "tour" of the prison. And no I am not going to look for a link.

without providing the link, all you are doing is passing gas... it's quite the same as what rsr does... he makes baseless allegations all the time and when he's asked to back them up with a viable link, he changes the subject... or he'll just run off and hide... surely you can do better than rsr, RGS... surely you can do better...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it normal for any institution with 'requirements' to lower them in toto or part, if they wish to attract more or specific groups to apply?

Have you seen anything in the new requirements that would lead you to believe that those now enlisting are inferior troops to what has gone before?

other than their age? Do you think 42 is prime age to be a recruit in the army?

And last I checked RSR doesn't make claims he can not provide actaul links that say what he claimed, his links don't require a magic decoder ring to read between the lines with.

What!?! Look at this very thread. Please reconcile the post by RSR at

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=567920&postcount=120

with the link he provides at

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=568053&postcount=122.

Also, pay attention to the actual words. I don’t read between the lines. I read the lines. In my opinion, the lines that RSR gives are seldom compatible with the lines within the links that he gives to support his lines.

I don't think I ever stated or implied that recruitment numbers equated to support/nonsupport for the action in Iraq.

I do believe that RETENTION numbers (those renlisting) may suggest something about what the troops think (beyond the reenlistment incentives....believe me, if a soldier believes something is against his principles, no amount of money will entice him to re-enlist).

Since you brought it up, how much enlistment bonus does one receive nowdays? When I enlisted back in '66, we were given a hearty thank you and that was that... how much do recruits get now?

from your own link:

"I don't doubt that Iran has been involved to some degree and clearly that's a problem that needs to be addressed"

which you posted in response to my statement:

"show me one quote where John Edwards or any democrat denied the fact that Iran is assisting shiite militias."

do you have to work at being that stupid, or does it just effortlessly roll off the tongue?

Clarification time:
Not having actually heard rsr speak, I would have to say that his "stupidity" rolls easily off his fingertips onto his keyboard... and then... through the magic of the internet, comes to us all...

:rofl:

Originally Posted by maineman
I applaud the patriotism of any American who choses to serve....but let's not kid ourselves.... the DoD has, in fact, adjusted recruiting standards downward and is now accepting applicants that, six years ago would not have qualified for enlistment.

True, CSM... but what does that have to do with the all volunteer army we have now? If we lower the standards in order to keep supplying the military with boots, what happens to the level of expertise that military is capable of being?

If all we care about is how many boots are on the ground, is it time to return to the draft?

Given the standards that are currently in effect, is it your contention that the current crop of recruits are less capable of learning than those previously recruited? I do not think that is the case.

Obviously, if all we cared about is numbers of boots on the ground, we would have a draft!

Since you brought it up, how much enlistment bonus does one receive nowdays? When I enlisted back in '66, we were given a hearty thank you and that was that... how much do recruits get now?

Enlistment bonus??? never heard of such a thing....re-enlistment bonses for first termers varies depending on length of re-enlistment and MOS, etc.

Also, pay attention to the actual words. I don’t read between the lines. I read the lines. In my opinion, the lines that RSR gives are seldom compatible with the lines within the links that he gives to support his lines.

In mine too, kramer... Perhaps it's because rsr doesn't actually read the entire link he quotes.

other than their age? Do you think 42 is prime age to be a recruit in the army?

Obviouosly not PRIME age for a recruit...I do have to say that when I was well into my 40s, I was out performing some of those 17/18 year olds. many were just plain out of shape from too much virtual reality vs. reality....that is what video games and computers do for physical training!

Given the standards that are currently in effect, is it your contention that the current crop of recruits are less capable of learning than those previously recruited? I do not think that is the case.

Obviously, if all we cared about is numbers of boots on the ground, we would have a draft!

If we are lowering the standards to meet the enlistment goals, how could the current crop of enlistees be as well qualified as those that came before them?

Obviouosly not PRIME age for a recruit...I do have to say that when I was well into my 40s, I was out performing some of those 17/18 year olds. many were just plain out of shape from too much virtual reality vs. reality....that is what video games and computers do for physical training!

well that's because you were a bad ass at that age... and I agree, too many of today's youth are sitting on their asses playing video games stuffing their faces with junk food.

When 67% of the country is overweight, does that mean being fit is abnormal?

Enlistment bonus??? never heard of such a thing....re-enlistment bonses for first termers varies depending on length of re-enlistment and MOS, etc.

I love google... don't you?

Military Enlistment & Re-Enlistment Bonuses

The military services offer a variety of enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses to attract new recruits into military specialties that are considered "hard to fill," as well as to encourage experienced military members in "shortage jobs" to stay in past their first enlistment period.

...snip

US Air Force Enlistment bonuses:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforcebonuses/a/afenlbonus.htm

US Army Enlistment bonuses:
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/bonus/blarenlbonusnew.htm

US Navy Enlistment bonuses:
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/bonus/blnavenlistmentbonus.htm

US Marines Enlistment bonuses:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinebonuses/a/enlbonusinfo.htm

Thanks! I didn't realize they gave enlistment bonuses nowadays...maybe I'll run right down and sign up!

If we are lowering the standards to meet the enlistment goals, how could the current crop of enlistees be as well qualified as those that came before them?

Guess you didn't read my previous posts about exactly which standards were lowered. I even provided the exact Army reg and it contains the changes we are referring to.... most having to do with waivers for age, traffic violations and non violent misdemeanors. Nothing about lowering other standards which would have an impact on performance....

Enlistment bonus have been around from the START of the all volunteer military. Depending on needs of the service determines what each service actually offers and for what.

Guess you didn't read my previous posts about exactly which standards were lowered. I even provided the exact Army reg and it contains the changes we are referring to.... most having to do with waivers for age, traffic violations and non violent misdemeanors. Nothing about lowering other standards which would have an impact on performance....

Any lie is acceptable to the left, You should know that.

Enlistment bonus have been around from the START of the all volunteer military. Depending on needs of the service determines what each service actually offers and for what.

I was never a recruiter and never received an 'enlistment' bonus. Like Stripey, they didn't offer such when I enlisted.

Forum List

Back