Gays are not married while in my home!

I am personally concerned that people like Little Nipps are allowed to marry.

Close minded religious radicals who spread hate should not be encouraged to breed. It only spreads the hate

They're just as dangerous as the closed minded zealots on the left. Going to ban their breeding too? You collectivists always seem ready to dictate for everyone else. I see that as a problem too.

Its my home

If I do not consider Little Nipps to be married in my own home, it is MY right

The way someone develops as a child to an adult relies on how the brain develops and the chemical balances that are produced.
Since religion does not understand that fact they have taken the road towards hate and denial because they feel that all humans are one in the same, which they are not.
Homosexuals are no more worse than a guy in the desert seeing a burning bush that is not consumed, in present day theory that would be an event of schizophrenia.

He's right. You don't "choose" to be gay, you are born that way. Swiss scientists have done brain scans of gays and straights and found that the gays have brains that are wired differently than what the brains of straights are.

If that is so, doesn't it imply that such 'wiring' could be reconfigured to 'normal'? What would the moral implications be of such an option being available to those so abnormally (in the technical sense of the world) wired?

Considering how little we currently know about the brain, "rewiring" would be almost impossible at this point.

What are the "moral" implications of such an option? None if the person chooses to be rewired, quite a few if a person is rewired against their will.

And considering what the Pope has said about gays, is it a sure bet that they're going to hell (in response to BDBoop's post)?

Many of us Christians are not Catholic. There are many types of Christians, and I don't agree with most of what the Pope or the Catholic doctrine teaches. I never heard anything about this "wiring" thing in the brain. I had heard that if gays were born that way then there would be something found in their DNA....which hasn't been found yet. Once they come up with proof that they are born with a gay gene, or whatever, then I may believe it. I still have no hate for them....but I have a problem believing someone is born that way. After so many years in this debate I would think someone smart out there would have found something.

I am personally concerned that people like Little Nipps are allowed to marry.

Close minded religious radicals who spread hate should not be encouraged to breed. It only spreads the hate

They're just as dangerous as the closed minded zealots on the left. Going to ban their breeding too? You collectivists always seem ready to dictate for everyone else. I see that as a problem too.

Its my home

If I do not consider Little Nipps to be married in my own home, it is MY right

Ummmm, that's not the point I was addressing now, was it?:eusa_whistle:

Gays everywhere are heartbroken by Littlenipper's post. Cancelations of planned visits to his home are coming in by the hundred. There have been reports of suicides. Liquor stores report a dramatic drop in the sale of gift bottles of single malt scotch.....

If that is so, doesn't it imply that such 'wiring' could be reconfigured to 'normal'? What would the moral implications be of such an option being available to those so abnormally (in the technical sense of the world) wired?

Considering how little we currently know about the brain, "rewiring" would be almost impossible at this point.

What are the "moral" implications of such an option? None if the person chooses to be rewired, quite a few if a person is rewired against their will.

And considering what the Pope has said about gays, is it a sure bet that they're going to hell (in response to BDBoop's post)?

Many of us Christians are not Catholic. There are many types of Christians, and I don't agree with most of what the Pope or the Catholic doctrine teaches. I never heard anything about this "wiring" thing in the brain. I had heard that if gays were born that way then there would be something found in their DNA....which hasn't been found yet. Once they come up with proof that they are born with a gay gene, or whatever, then I may believe it. I still have no hate for them....but I have a problem believing someone is born that way. After so many years in this debate I would think someone smart out there would have found something.

Explain that to all the gays who have been murdered in Africa. It is not a choice. I do suggest you read up on the subject. There most certainly is a gene or sequence of genes involved, they will be discovered in due course. What is not debatable is the fact that their brain scans ARE different from straights.

Explain that to all the gays who have been murdered in Africa. It is not a choice. I do suggest you read up on the subject. There most certainly is a gene or sequence of genes involved, they will be discovered in due course. What is not debatable is the fact that their brain scans ARE different from straights.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVwjCppq82c]Are we born straight or gay? - Making of Me: John Barrowman - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

No matter what the Federal or State government says, "gays" are not married couples while in my home... They are very welcome to visit; however, they will be treated as friends and acquaintances and not as married.

Why would they be "very welcome" in your home if you have issues with them?

Why does there have to be a gay gene?

Why do we like the things we do? Why do some people like spinach and others hate it? Why do some people enjoy music that others hate? Why do you like the color green and I hate it?

There is more going on in your brain than just DNA. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist

If determining beyond a doubt that it is a matter of "wiring" is possible, then manipulating said wiring cannot be impossible, if inexact.

Considering how complicated the brain is, manipulating the wiring in the brain if it's inexact can result in said individual becoming a vegetable or worse.

If you can't get it right, don't do it, and we don't have the understanding, ability or knowledge of how to do it right.

And yet we try all the time for the sake of those with various conditions. In this hypothetical it would be an individual's choice to take the risk.

He's right. You don't "choose" to be gay, you are born that way. Swiss scientists have done brain scans of gays and straights and found that the gays have brains that are wired differently than what the brains of straights are.

No, it doesn't. That would be like rewiring someone so they prefer cats to dogs. It simply can't be done. And, more to the point, why should it? Why this incessant need to "change" gay people? Why are you so afraid of them? The way I look at it they are leaving more women for me!:lol:

Relax, don't be scared. I haven't said that it 'should' be done, just that a belief in some genetic marker means it theoretically could be done.

As for preferring cats to dogs, no one has suggested a gene for that, but it certainly could be done. Not sure how much of the original person would be left after the fact, but it could be done.

If determining beyond a doubt that it is a matter of "wiring" is possible, then manipulating said wiring cannot be impossible, if inexact.

The problem is once again unintended consequences. What happens if there is a 50/50 chance the rewired becomes a sociopath because of the procedure? What if it changes them to a pedophile? Etc. etc. etc. Far better to leave them as God intended, no?

Could be all sorts of unintended consequences. Maybe some of them would be beneficial, I don't know. I'm just saying it cannot be impossible if a gene is responsible for the 'condition' and posing the question as to the ethics of offering the option and the implications of taking it or not.

As far as what God intended, we have already crossed that Rubicon in a thousand ways medically, socially, nutritionally, physically, etc. so...

The way someone develops as a child to an adult relies on how the brain develops and the chemical balances that are produced.
Since religion does not understand that fact ....

It doesn't? Why do you say that?

No matter what the Federal or State government says, "gays" are not married couples while in my home... They are very welcome to visit; however, they will be treated as friends and acquaintances and not as married.

#ShitNoOneCaresAbout

Explain that to all the gays who have been murdered in Africa. It is not a choice. .

The fact that people have been killed has no logical relation to whether a 'gay gene' exists or not.

It is not a choice. I do suggest you read up on the subject. There most certainly is a gene or sequence of genes involved, ....

This is where you provide a link supporting your assertion.

Why does there have to be a gay gene?

Why do we like the things we do? Why do some people like spinach and others hate it? Why do some people enjoy music that others hate? Why do you like the color green and I hate it?...

I suppose it's an interesting area of scientific inquiry, but it need not have any bearing on the treatment or acceptance (or lack thereof) of gay people in society. That's a social issue, not a scientific one.

It is not a choice. I do suggest you read up on the subject. There most certainly is a gene or sequence of genes involved, ....

This is where you provide a link supporting your assertion.

Based on the evidence I've seen there is little doubt in my mind that being gay is not a conscious choice and they are born that way.

Forum List

Back