Gays are not married while in my home!

Could be, doesn't matter to me one way or the other. When someone insists on something very specific like the existence of a particular gene accounting for the 'condition,' it is incumbent upon that person to provide support for such an assertion, that's all.

It would seem plausible, given how difficult - and perilous - it has been at certain points in history to be so oriented, that it is an aspect of a person's makeup that they cannot change. However, when you hear about 40 - 50 year-old men and women leaving their marriages because they suddenly came to the realization that they are gay, you have to wonder. Were they 'pretending' for 50 years? Were they somehow suppressing a gene all their lives? Is it a gene that didn't 'kick-in' for them until so late in life? It is at least fair to say there are many questions. Whatever the answers, it still holds that whether or how gays are accepted in society is a social matter and only tangentially a scientific one.

Yes, they were pretending. .

You know that to be the case for every single member of what must be a reasonably large group of people, at least nearly all of whom you don't know personally? You have unimpeachable insight into their inner thoughts and feelings? I can understand if you feel strongly about this topic, but try to adhere to at least a basic level of logical consistency.

How often does it really happen? Whenever it does it seems to make national news, that implies to me that it is not common. You seem to wish to pick a fight instead of having a civil discussion, you make the same type statements without backup as well, be consistent or go home.

No, I don't, but I am a scientist and .....

Wait a minute. You're a scientist and you cannot provide a link to something - a matter of science, mind you - that you insist is indisputably true? You don't sound like a scientist, to be honest.

I don't have a link for it because I've never bothered to look. .

You bothered to insist something is so, but you can't be bothered to support your claim? That's not very scientific of you.

Yes, they were pretending. .

You know that to be the case for every single member of what must be a reasonably large group of people, at least nearly all of whom you don't know personally? You have unimpeachable insight into their inner thoughts and feelings? I can understand if you feel strongly about this topic, but try to adhere to at least a basic level of logical consistency.

How often does it really happen? .

That is not relevant to your claim or my question. Can you support your position factually or not?

Like I said before in my original post, it's a matter of wiring (meaning certain parts of the brain are more active than others, and in some cases larger). It's not a matter of genes, because there is no single "gay gene", but rather is a combination of a few (meaning not only the brain, but also the genes that flush the hormones through the body) as well as a compilation of other factors.

I mean...................there was a woman from Africa who won almost all of her races in the Olympics, but was held back for her medals because she had more male hormones than female, yet she had female parts.

Sorry, but if you're gay, bisexual or straight, it's the lobes in your brain that make you that way.

Me? I'm very gay friendly. Matter of fact, lived with some gays for 2 years back in the late 90's, and never had a problem (was living with 2 lesbians, but they had a male cousin who hit on me regularly) and never had a problem. If you tell a gay person who is hitting on you that you're straight, they will generally back off.

No matter what the Federal or State government says, "gays" are not married couples while in my home... They are very welcome to visit; however, they will be treated as friends and acquaintances and not as married.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg]Isn't that Special - YouTube[/ame]

Me? I'm very gay friendly. Matter of fact, lived with some gays for 2 years back in the late 90's, and never had a problem (was living with 2 lesbians, but they had a male cousin who hit on me regularly) and never had a problem. .

Oh sure, that's what you told Mr. Furley...

Like I said before in my original post, it's a matter of wiring (meaning certain parts of the brain are more active than others, and in some cases larger). It's not a matter of genes, because there is no single "gay gene", but rather is a combination of a few (meaning not only the brain, but also the genes that flush the hormones through the body) as well as a compilation of other factors.

Sorry, but if you're gay, bisexual or straight, it's the lobes in your brain that make you that way..

Well then, what of my question?

Forum List

Back